January IUI Support

Hi!! :wave:

I thought my HSG was more painful than the IUI. I was lucky that my cervix was cooperative, though, as it wasn't so much during the HSG. I wasn't lucky enough to get pregnant after my HSG, but our problem is more male factor.

A little update I know Ive been slacking... My OH had his SA and his #s sky rocketed.... so happy from 2.1 million to 38 million...Thats the "concentration" sooo the # that counts after all the bad is taken away. HIs total count was 171 million, but my doctor is beyond happy and said my IUI success rate is much better.

Had my Annual appointment this morning and discussed my OH SA. He was very pleased. He said for him to keep up with the vitamins. He told me that the # that really matters is the "concentration" which OH was 38 million. He said he thinks its best for me to move to IUI because he agrees I have hostile CM and he's confident IUI will work. I have kinda always felt like that but glad he gave his opinion so I dont waste months doing medicated cycles with Clomid which can "dry me up"
My RE appointment is next Thursday the 15th. AF should start the 18th which meeans I could be starting IUI as soon as the 20th for my baseline ultrasound...eeekk....

Hi. I'm 40 and have had 2 cm in the last year, one after unassisted conception and then 7 months later one after first round of IUI.

Am due to go in for my 3rd IUI on Sat morning. Staying up tonight to take my Ovitrelle shot. Slept through last night and missed it but luckily they could change my appointment from Fri to Sat. Was so angry and upset with myself am so well organised usually.

A bit worried my follicles will be too large as the mature ones were 18, 15 and 13 on Mon (day 8). My Menopur was reduced from 37.5 to 25 for Mon, Tues and Wed and I didn't take any tonight. Just Suprecur.

I'm also worried as twice now the nurse has spotted something which could be a polyp on my second scan. The doctor was called in during IUI 2 and they said it was probably just a fold of skin on my uterine lining but I can't find anything about this online. Does anyone have any experiences of Polyps?

I did get a BFP on my first IUI after HSG even though they couldn't say for sure if my left tube was open as it collapsed during the process.

All my mature follicles are on the right this time which is giving me hope. The TWW is agony but it does feel good to be doing something about it. I think IUI is definitely worth a try. I did get pregnant through the process just need one to stick.

Good luck to you all!

I'm praying it's what I need, I have my days of being hopeful, then some days I feel really insecure about it all.

The worst part is the TWW. I wish there were a way to fast forward through it. I alternate between being very hopeful and dreading it. 10 more days!

Hey ladies!! hoping for very successful IUI's for all of you! I go to my first RE appt. on the 29th.. I have no idea what she is going to say. I did have an HSG done and it hurt so bad for me lol. Maybe I am a whimp. Who knows. It did show blockage but they were able to open my tubes up with the dye. I am hoping since I only had it in Sept that the RE wont make me repeat it already (altho I have a feeling I will have to)... I am hoping I will just get put on either clomid or femara and that it doesn't take forever for a BFP and that all will be happy in baby land lol. one can dream right?

Jen, great numbers for the SA. Baby dust!

Rumum, too bad about the trigger shot. I'm actually surprised I haven't done the same thing! Did they do another ultrasound to check for follies before IUI? Good luck!

Thanks 2 plus.

No. No ultrasound since Mon. Triggered last night and go in tomorrow morning for IUI. Am convinced they're ginormous by now. Fingers crossed there's a good one. Did yours go to plan? Fingers crossed!

Know what you mean Navygrrl. Will be joining you tomorrow and not looking forward to it!

Yes! I had two follicles at 20mm and 23mm on day of trigger. Only thing that made me really nervous was that my DH collected at home day of IUI and then I was in traffic trying to get his boys to the clinic. Traffic was due to a snowstorm so I was a nervous hot mess. I got the sample there 1.5 hrs after collection and all was good.

Royal, yes, I think they almost always start with clomid or femara. Good luck with your appointment.

I wish you all good luck with your iui's. Just had mine last Saturday and yes, the wait is brutal!
Baby dust to all!

Im sure i will find the tww dreadful.. I dont find the first bad because i go day to day just looking forward to getting each needle out of the way lol.. But when i dont have that in the tww i think ill drive myself nuts always wanting to poas.
I go for my next monitoring on sunday.. And i have a feeling they will tell me to trigger sunday night.. So iui tuesday.. But we will see

My first RE appt is Thursday. I'm so anxious to see what he suggest.

Hi Girlies ,

I am 3 DPO today and the 2WW is just dragging...Not sure how the next 10/11 days will be...I have to make myself so busy that I dont think about it much...I so wish that there was some way in between the TWW to know if it worked or not...Atleast if the egg was implanted/ fertilized or not. Sure some day science will progress and and there would be ways to know this...But not while we are TTC'ing....Good luck to everyone who starts IUI and to the girls in TWW a well...FX'd for all

Hi Girlies ,

I am 3 DPO today and the 2WW is just dragging...Not sure how the next 10/11 days will be...I have to make myself so busy that I dont think about it much...I so wish that there was some way in between the TWW to know if it worked or not...Atleast if the egg was implanted/ fertilized or not. Sure some day science will progress and and there would be ways to know this...But not while we are TTC'ing....Good luck to everyone who starts IUI and to the girls in TWW a well...FX'd for all

I know exactly how you feel. 7dpiui today and loosing my patience. We were able to send a man to the moon and we are not able to know if we conceived or not for two weeks? What's up with that science?

Hello ladies,

Im new to this forum but not new to ttc. I have read all of the replies so far.

We are ttc our first since Oct 2013 after uterus septum removal in Apri/13.
I have Pcos, me 35, hubby 40 with no issues.
1st pregnancy with clomid resulted in chemical pregnancy in April/14 , it took me some time to get back to normal emotionally and health wise.

I had my #1 IUI on Dec 12/14 on CD15 - 50mg clomid CD 5-9, Gonal F @ 75iu cd 7-12, beautiful 25 mm follicle,Trigger cd 13, 12 mil swimmers post wash

Imagine being on 2ww Dec 12 - 24/14 -->>> 10-16 dpiui - HPT all negative; 15 dpiui - went for beta - - > Beta less than 2. I think doc triggered it a bit too late. :dohh:

#2 IUI - i started my monitoring on Jan 7. Im on cd 10 now.

I really thought that #1 iui would work... But it didn't. :cry:

Yes! I had two follicles at 20mm and 23mm on day of trigger. Only thing that made me really nervous was that my DH collected at home day of IUI and then I was in traffic trying to get his boys to the clinic. Traffic was due to a snowstorm so I was a nervous hot mess. I got the sample there 1.5 hrs after collection and all was good.

Oh no you poor thing. I know exactly how that feels. Glad all turned out well :thumbup:

Im sure i will find the tww dreadful.. I dont find the first bad because i go day to day just looking forward to getting each needle out of the way lol.. But when i dont have that in the tww i think ill drive myself nuts always wanting to poas.
I go for my next monitoring on sunday.. And i have a feeling they will tell me to trigger sunday night.. So iui tuesday.. But we will see

I've already started poas and I only had IUI today. I line them all up to watch the line go lighter and then hopefully darker. I know it's not good but I can't stop myself. I do an evening one too!

I've already started poas and I only had IUI today. I line them all up to watch the line go lighter and then hopefully darker. I know it's not good but I can't stop myself. I do an evening one too!

ps. good luck for Tues!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"