January Jelly Beans 2014!

From what I have read raspberry leaf tea speeds up the second stage of labour, it doesn't bring on labour so you should be ok drinking it! Xx

Happy new weeks ladies! :thumbup:

Happy new year too although its not the new year in the uk just yet.

Its a quiet one here tonight as I'm stopping with my sister and her new baby to help out.

xxemmy,
yeah, that's what I've heard too. I figure it can't hurt at this point. I'll start drinking it tomorrow. I think it may not work since I haven't been drinking it this whole time (some people recommend starting it around week 32), but it's something to entertain me :)
A coworker of my friend sent him this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s&feature=youtu.be
she went into labor shortly after trying them, even if it was just for a few seconds each. She's not sure it caused it, but it can't hurt. I'm not super anxious to get her out or anything, but I'm keeping this in my back pocket in case I get desperate!
It's snowing pretty good here, so I'm not sure we'll be going anywhere tonight. May just be a NYE inside with DH!

xxemmy,
yeah, that's what I've heard too. I figure it can't hurt at this point. I'll start drinking it tomorrow. I think it may not work since I haven't been drinking it this whole time (some people recommend starting it around week 32), but it's something to entertain me :)
A coworker of my friend sent him this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s&feature=youtu.be
she went into labor shortly after trying them, even if it was just for a few seconds each. She's not sure it caused it, but it can't hurt. I'm not super anxious to get her out or anything, but I'm keeping this in my back pocket in case I get desperate!
It's snowing pretty good here, so I'm not sure we'll be going anywhere tonight. May just be a NYE inside with DH!

Thanks! My mom is obsessed with giving me foot massages so I will suggest these pressure points to her lol xx

Happy New Year ladies we get to meet our babies this month wohoo

Good morning ladies and happy New Year to you all. I guess we have all made it into 2014 now to have our babies. :happydance:

I have been drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea since week 32. I have done with DS1 and believe that it helped my body get ready for labour. The only thing is you should start around week 32 and increase the quantity gradually, i.e. 1 cup a day in weeks 32-33, 2 cups in weeks 34-35, 3 cups in weeks 36-37 and 4 cups from then on. You can also take it after delivery to help your uterus to go back into shape. Anyone who hasn't started the RLT yet, as previously mentioned the tea will not bring on labour, it will just get your uterus ready for labour. :coffee:

Wowzers that was a long night! My 5 day old niece didn't sleep all night! Reality check big time and memories of my ds as a new born. To be fair think she is a bit under the weather cos she had gurgling tummy, quite a few really runny nappies and she felt a little warm. My sis is ringing aftercare this morning to see what they say. My half sister turned up to see Ellie the other day even though I told them not to cos my sis was really emotional and wasn't up to visitors and she sat there and said her baby daughter had been having the runs. I was so mad, people are so selfish and if she has brought a bug into the house I'll flip out.:growlmad:

Feel so protective towards them both since she was born. X

Wohoo 37 weeks & Full term can't wait to meet my baby boy <3

Del sorry to hear about your niece

I might look into this RLT thanks ladies

Happy January everybody!
We did go to a friend's house last night about 40 minutes away. I had a few contractions in the car and while there, but nothing exciting. Woke up several times last night feeling awful. Now it's 7am, I'm wide awake. DH is sleeping (this is very backwards for us) and I feel like I have an awful period. I can't call it real labor contractions because it's pretty constant, but my back and lower abdomen are SUPER achhey and I feel pressure on my intestines (this is a normal AF thing for me, I get gas and the runs). Was having extreme difficulty moving in bed, just getting searing pain if I tried to turn. Here's hoping my LO is almost cooked and ready!

Melann - ooh that sounds exiting!! Lovely that you got to go out for New Years before little one arrives!

Em xxx

Happy New Year everyone!! I love that we are all within a few weeks of having our babies! Big congrats to all the babies born already, now it's 2014 Babies time. :)

My husband and I stayed in last night And he woke up at 2AM with horrible vomitting and diarrhea. He said he thinks it's food poisoning, but we ate the same dinner and I haven't gotten sick, knock on wood! I ended up sleeping on the couch and now feel like total crap from lack of sleep and being worried about him. He's still sleeping but hasn't been sick in several hours so I'm hoping that part has passed!

On a happier note, I am now on my one week countdown to my induction! I'm hoping to go into labor before then but definitely love that there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Linds- I had what your dh has. Its a stomach bug. Lasted 3 days. No one else in our house got it. GL! And hope he feels better soon.

Happy New Year lovely ladies congrats to the new mommies:) can't wait to meet the rest of the jelly beans exciting times :)

Happy New Year ladies!

Had a gush of fluid last night, at around 4pm, and thought it was my waters as went on for ever.. they wanted to examine me at 10ish and found it was a massive back log of fluid/discharge behind the plug. so more waiting for me thank God and luckily no induction due to waters breaking (as they didn't).

Just need to get baby to move from back to back now they are engaged :/ I've been hanging over my birth ball and doing the cobra pose every day loads and nothing! I'm worried I may just have one of those wombs where thats how they are uncomfortable!x

No more painful contractions or pain since this morning. Been drinking my tea- I really like it and I usually hate herbal tea.
I thought my water had broken a couple hours ago, but it turned out to just be more mucousy discharge. I had a decent glob last night too. Not bloody brown or pink, just whitish yellow. I keep telling DH that I'd like to go sooner than later because at the moment I'm fairly well rested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->