January Jelly Beans 2014!

Had my appt today, the nurse practitioner offered to do a cervix check. I asked her opinion and she agreed, that there was no need. I figured it might make me more anxious than I already am. She said that since I've had a few contractions that were quite painful in addition to the more minor ones that I'm probably 1-2cm, but even if I'm not it means my body is gearing up. I decided either way that it would depress me if there was no progress, and make me more anxious if I was 3 or something... So she just listened to the heartbeat, checked my BP and sent me on my way. Next appt will be next Wed (39.3) with the doc assuming Felicity doesn't show up before that. At that point I don't think I'll be able to resist knowing whether it looks like it'll be happening by the due date or not.

Thanks ladies, I know I have to look after myself. Got a busy time ahead with ds starting nursery 5 days and a new baby. I'm a people pleaser which quite often is a pain in the ass. I'm just gonna have to be honest I think. My Braxton hicks have def stepped up and even on my nights at home I'm not sleeping well plus I've been really hot! I'm feeling ready to have this baby but yet in other ways I would like him to stay put for a few more weeks!

Having a name dilemma, we picked a name but I'm having second thoughts. Do you ladies like Thomas Harry or Harry Thomas? Opinions appreciated x

@Del
Personally I like Thomas Harry, but that's an American's opinion :)

I prefer Thomas Harry but that because I'm a teacher and I teacher fewer Thomas's than Harry's :)

I like the name Harry but I prefer the combo of Thomas Harry xx

I like Thomas Harry :thumbup:
Harry is very popular here in the UK so the Thomas is nice :)

MW appointment this morning: Not much to report. Cervix is soft, but baby's head is still not engaged, which might not even happen before labour anyway according to the MW. So just going to have to wait it out for a bit longer....

Woohoo... and baby is now the size of a pumpkin. :happydance:

Depends if you mind Thomas being shortened to Tom..

Which had you picked? Both work xx

I like Thomas Harry.. personally Harry Thomas makes me think Hairy Thomas :\

I hope everyone is well!

I like Thomas Harry.. personally Harry Thomas makes me think Hairy Thomas :\

I hope everyone is well!

I was totally thinking the same thing TryRocking!! I'd personally go with Thomas Harry.

I'm impressed with you ladies that can turn down a cervix check. I know it doesn't mean much, but I would go even more nuts not knowing. I have family anxiously awaiting to drive up from Iowa, so I feel like a report makes them feel better too.

Midwife did say that she thought there was a good chance he'd come early. I am torn. My mom took the whole first week of Feb off hoping I'd have him close to my due date and could be there to help me out. Any other time than the vacation she took will have to be unpaid. I am getting anxious to meet him though and these night sweats are killing me! Luckily he will make that decision for me :p

Question: I get these strong pains in my lower abdomen, I am not sure if they are contractions or the pain of really needing to use the bathroom. For those of you that have had contractions, are they similar feelings? Could I be mixing them up?

@goldstns, I am a FTM and in no way claim to know what I'm talking about, but the painful contractions I've had only lasted 1-3 minutes and felt like I was being squeezed super tight while having strong menstrual cramps. Other BH have just been the tightening or cramps, but the strong contractions have caused me to sit and breathe. I had been constipated the last few days and that was giving me back pain, but it was more constant. (I had a little coffee this morning which helped me out :)
I guess I would base it on whether it comes and goes.

Question: I get these strong pains in my lower abdomen, I am not sure if they are contractions or the pain of really needing to use the bathroom. For those of you that have had contractions, are they similar feelings? Could I be mixing them up?

Contractions feel similar to the pain of needing to use the bathroom. When I went into premature labor with my first, I kept thinking I just needed to use the restroom. :dohh:

I had my appointment yesterday. I spoke to my Doctor about staying mobile during the birth, and she agreed, thankfully! I also asked about NOT getting an IV put in place, but unfortunately, having the IV catheter put in place is required. I won't have to be hooked up to a drip unless an emergency though, which I can deal with! I was hoping to skip the whole IV needle pain though. :dohh:

Baby stills seems too comfy in there. No signs here.

I can't wait for labour to begin. Still no clear signs for me yet. :dohh: I know that 37 weeks is rather early, but with a very bad case of SPD, I just wish it will be over soon. :cry: No judgements please, it's already hard enough. :cry:

I can't wait for labour to begin. Still no clear signs for me yet. :dohh: I know that 37 weeks is rather early, but with a very bad case of SPD, I just wish it will be over soon. :cry: No judgements please, it's already hard enough. :cry:

I had enough about a month ago :)

Not much longer :hugs:

I don't have a birthing ball, but I kneeled on the floor with my knees shoulder width apart and rocked for about an hour. Also vacummed and steam cleaned the floors today and went grocery shopping. Trying to be active to encourage movement. Tonight LO has been pushing SOOOOO hard on my belly all night long. The whole thing moves and it legitimately hurts from her stretching. I keep encouraging her to push the other way!

Tomorrow is my due date!! I'm hoping he'll stay in until Sunday afternoon/Monday though.
My doctor called me and wants me to come in to the hospital on Monday to have my water broken to hopefully bring on labour. If I don't progress well or at all then it will be another c-section :\
I'm remaining hopeful though that it will lead to a vaginal birth. If I don't have a vaginal birth this time then if I have another baby it's an automatic c-section :\

*edit*

Funny enough, they're doing this the day before my daughter's 4th birthday. I can see him waiting so he's born on her birthday lol

Lian,I am totally with you on this. Feeling ready to finish the business

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->