*** January Jellybeans 2015 *** - join & chat here :) 132 so far!

He's gorgeous wifey.

WC baby led weaning xx

wifey he is gorgeous! <3

another gorgeous pic of Frazer Amanda <3

izzie ive no experience so can offer advice but wanted to give you a hug :hugs: xx

Iv already pureed food up and frozen it in ice cube trays then popped them out n into freezer bags, once sophie starts showing any interest in food she can try some, I'm going to start her on ready brek first (it has almost the same stuff as baby porridge but is actually more fortified) then add it pureed apples to the ready brek to give it a sweeter taste n take it from there, once she's able to hold food and started trying to grab it il do a mix of blw and purees so she gets lots of different tastes and textures and gets used to feeding herself quickly.

To the breast milk question regarding work, I have already started trying to build up a stock but it's hard work, it usually takes me 2 expresses to get one feed for her. I guess I'm lucky because I go back to work when she's 9 months old and will be for 3 long Days so 4 days a week I can feed her and build up supply for the 3 days I'm at work, expressing at work cud prove tricky though, so I'm expecting my supply to slowly diminish once I go back buy hoping it will take at least 3 months for it to completely go so then she will be 1 so not as much of a big deal then, il just give her cows milk and 3 meals a day (I'm determined to not buy any formula at all)

Iv already pureed food up and frozen it in ice cube trays then popped them out n into freezer bags, once sophie starts showing any interest in food she can try some, I'm going to start her on ready brek first (it has almost the same stuff as baby porridge but is actually more fortified) then add it pureed apples to the ready brek to give it a sweeter taste n take it from there, once she's able to hold food and started trying to grab it il do a mix of blw and purees so she gets lots of different tastes and textures and gets used to feeding herself quickly.

To the breast milk question regarding work, I have already started trying to build up a stock but it's hard work, it usually takes me 2 expresses to get one feed for her. I guess I'm lucky because I go back to work when she's 9 months old and will be for 3 long Days so 4 days a week I can feed her and build up supply for the 3 days I'm at work, expressing at work cud prove tricky though, so I'm expecting my supply to slowly diminish once I go back buy hoping it will take at least 3 months for it to completely go so then she will be 1 so not as much of a big deal then, il just give her cows milk and 3 meals a day (I'm determined to not buy any formula at all)

That leads me to another question....when I pump, how much constitutes a meal? I bought bags to store, can I put two express sessions into one bag?

it can vary Izzie, you might be best pumping a 7oz botte and seeing how much she will take. rohan only takes 5oz but i know some babies are already taking upto 8oz. im not sure about mixing pumps but i would think you could although thats just a guess xxx

I don't pump everyday, but did today and could only get 50ml and that was enough for Courtney!
I left them by my SIL today and they had a formula feed and Courtney drank 90ml! So its difficult to say how much would be enough when baby is breastfed.

I've read that you can mix from two pumping sessions but they should be within a few hours of each other. This is what I read though and haven't done so myself.

I had to express a couple of times before I got enough for a bottle for henry (until he started refusing bottles) the milk from the two separate sessions need to be the same Temperature when you Mix them

Our girls christening/baptism is next Sunday Izzie! I know how you feeling! I'm super excited too!

Hello ladies! I've not been on much recently, but glad to see everyone is doing great. Love all the photos! Good luck for the christenings; I hope you have really lovely days.

We BLW our eldest and I absolutely loved it, so will be waiting till 6 months and doing the same with Adam. I'm so looking forward to it!

I used to mix milk from different sessions, it never occurred to me that it would be an issue! I've not expressed yet this time, but my pump just arrived so will start soon. Fingers crossed he takes a bottle OK!

I freeze the milk in ice cube trays as well, they freeze in about 10ml portions so I can take out however many she's having at that particular stage In her life, also I can use them to mix into her foods etc so perfect size. If ur freezing in large quantities together then the only rule is to use it withing 24 hours of defrosting so if u freeze 300ml together n ur lo only takes 50ml in one feed u just have to make sure they have the other 250ml that day so essentially 6 feeds altogethe. Sophie has 120ml when out of a bottle so if I was to freeze it in portions I wud freeze 150 just in case she was extra hungry

How is everyone getting on?
A year ago yesterday that I found out I was pregnant, seems like a lifetime ago lol!!

Wow a year already? I guess mine is coming up in a couple of weeks too then! Got pregnant mothers day, my dh keeps telling me that seeing as he got me such a good Mother's Day gift last year he should be let off the hook for a few years now lol!!

Hope everyone and their babies are doing well!!! Should get some updatd baby pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->