• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

January mommies!! ITs our turn!

Thanks, my dd is 2 and a half!

I was having contraction like pains for about and hour and a half last night, they were definately different to braxton hicks but I havent felt LO move since then...

hi girls, can i join you? i am due 23rd Jan and have a yellow bump so wont know til Jan/feb if "pip" is a boy or girl, so having to pick names for both sexes and its a nightmare! i already have a DS from a previous relationship who is 3 and half and cant wait for a bother or sister :0)

What names has everyone got for LO? x

LM2104 - have you felt bubs move yet? x

My blue bump is called zachary :) I've been keeping up with all you ladies as I've been in hospital since monday with pre-term labour and should be getting out tonight! Xx

I agree that you dont have to bring everything for the hospital. I only brought the clothes i was going to wear home, the babies comming home outfit and blanket some slippers and i think that was all lol The hospital had EVERYTHING lol.
Many hospitals do provide everything you need, but then many don't. My local doesn't provide anything except for the bed mats (to prevent blood from staining the sheets), a few maternity pads, and somewhere for you and your baby to sleep. Everything else we had to provide ourselves. It's a good idea to check with the hospital you'll be giving birth in, just in case. I took nappies for my daughter when she as born, but another lady didn't and the hospital don't provide them, so she had to take some from me, meaning I ran out :wacko:

Anyone know why this forum got moved?
I think because it's a group, not just a regular thread? This is a group for those due in January, and that makes it fall into the "Pregnancy Groups and Discussions" part of the forum. We may all be in the 3rd tri at the moment, but come 2012 we won't be. By moving it to the groups section it means we can keep coming back to the thread to chat, and we won't be annoying the hormonal 3rd tri ladies with our chatting :haha:

What names has everyone got for LO? x
We're having another girl, and naming her Lucy Mae :D

Just curious, is everyone experincing Braxton Hicks? I'm due Jan 17th (may be changed a little later as I he is showing to be a week and 5 days ahead-- possibly changing my dd to Jan 5th but they won't consider that until I'm at least 36 wks) I'm asking because I keep seeing a lot of comments regarding it and I haven't had any... at least not to my knowledge and I try to stay alert for things like that. I have a doctor's apt on Thursday so I'm hoping to go over that with her just to make sure...

Oh and my little wee one's name is Gavin :cloud9:

How are you feeling LM2104?

I've not experienced any BH.

SpottedDog- We are naming our LO Leo :) if it was a girl we had picked Layla.

Hodge-podge - I'm not really sure if i've experienced BH.. i think i might have when on a few occasions bump goes really tight for a few seconds, but seeing as this is my 1st i'm not sure what they are supposed to feel like!

I get loads of braxton hicks, have done for a while now. Stomach goes really tight like a ball and stays like it for a few sceonds relaxes then does it again mine are pretty uncomfortable but not painful. X

Hodge-Podge - Braxton Hicks are one of those things that not everyone gets. I had them loads from 26 weeks with C, and they were pretty painful (I thought I was in early labour), and they continued right up until the day before she was born.

With this pregnancy I haven't had any. I keep thinking I am having them, because I feel my belly get really tight and hard, but then I feel and I realise it's just on one side, and it's because she's lying on that side. Because I had them all through the last part of my pregnancy with C, I'm kinda thinking I should be having them again this time, but I know it's nothing to worry about if you don't have them.

Good to ask your OB though; it will put your mind at ease.

BTW, it will be exciting if they bump you up to 5th :D

LO was banging its head against my bits all round tescos and is moving about lots now which is a relief. Ive had a couple of pains this afternoon but nothing too bad. Have had BH since about 28 weeks I think. Now anything can bring them on especially catching the bus!

We are yellow and if its a girl we have no name yet and if its a boy its Oscar or Finley.

Not had any BH lately that I have noticed. I have noticed contraction like feelings, which could be put down to BH, but this is my first pregnancy and not quite sure :blush:
Starts in my lower back and goes to the front towards my cervix. Obviously irregular since they last 30 minutes, 6 or so min apart, and then stop.

We're having a boy, his name is going to be Connor Joseph. We didn't have a girl's name picked out we liked, so luckily our babes is going to be a boy.

Hope everyone is doing well. xx

17mummytobe i am so sorry to hear about you being in preterm labor. At least they were able to stop it right since your going home. Are you going to be put on bedrest? i like zachary for a name.
LM- I think that is a good age my DD is a little older then your lo i think and i love the age she is now
spotted dog-welcome! your DS is soo cute x. do you have any names that you like for you LO?Lara- thanks a great idea to always check with you hospital to find out what they provide. I think that is the difference between hospitals here and there and everywhere lol beautiful name for your LO
cal- leo was on my list as well lol
hodgepodge- i never experienced any with my DD. But i feel them alot this time around. I think it just depends
Coco- how you feeling?

We are going to name our LO Jonathan. It took us forever but i think that we finally agreed on that name. Why is choosing a name so hard?

Choosing a name is really hard!! We are still undecided. Have any of you thought about middle names and would you have 1 middle name or 2? X

They gave me steriods and I had four of the tablets to stop contractions but couldn't have anymore as they made my bp way to low! ( 60/34) I also had a few shots of pethadine to help with the pain and girlies I seriously reccomend it!! :rofl: it did make me have some whacky conversations with OH though but it knocked me straight back out as soon as I woke up. The injection of pethadine and anti-sickness goes in your arse/leg and the bruise it leaves is impressive!! I had a scan and I lost my plug :happydance: I lost it at 30 weeks and it hasn't grown back so I think he will be an early bubs anyway as its not growing back for a reason right? I've got scan and consultant at 34 weeks so two weeks time if I make it till then! My LO full name is zachary james edwin. Both the middle names are very sentimental and edwin is after my grandad :cloud9:

My dd has two middle names and if this one is a boy he will have two middle names but if its a girl she will only have one.

I sneezed earlier and had a gush of what I presume to be urine but when I wiped there was a streak of blood on the paper, but nothing since. I'm also experiencing a lot of pressure and feel swollen and sore down below. I'm exhausted from all the worry this baby gives me!!

I have got any defo names as me and OH cant agree but he gave in the other day and said i can choose :thumbup: So my shortlist is:

Girl - Maisie, Gracie, Evie - cant think of any middle names at the moment
Boys - Albie, Archie, Henry and Stanley with the middle name Jack

on a facebook group i am on a lady gave birth yesterday she was 33 weeks 4 days - baby girl weighing 4lb 14, breathing on her own and doing well :happydance: just scary now that it can happen from now EEKK!

Not had any BH lately that I have noticed. I have noticed contraction like feelings, which could be put down to BH, but this is my first pregnancy and not quite sure :blush:
Starts in my lower back and goes to the front towards my cervix. Obviously irregular since they last 30 minutes, 6 or so min apart, and then stop.

We're having a boy, his name is going to be Connor Joseph. We didn't have a girl's name picked out we liked, so luckily our babes is going to be a boy.

Hope everyone is doing well. xx
Those do sound like BH to me hun. I love that name Connor Joseph. So he will only have one middle name right?

My tiny little blue shoes is called Harvey Christopher-Adam Wilkinson

I have had a few BH lately, seem to be getting stronger everytime I have one, so I suppose that means my little man is going to be ready to come out any day now.

I am suffering though. Past few days I have been feeling very poorly and unwell, just like morning sickness, which I know is normal, but also severe thrush! Ouch it is so painful, just been slapping on loads E45 cream to soothe it, I wake up in the middle of the night just crying because it is so painful :(

Oh well... just a mere 9 weeks left. I wonder if I will make it?

Who thinks their January spogletts will turn to December sprogletts? xxxx

Victoria- My dd has one middle name Shaylene. Natalia Shaylene and my son will have one too so Jonathan Eduardo(Eduardo after my DH as said lol) I acually never heard of 2 middle names before lol
17mummy- I hope you Lo can stay in as long as possible and bake fully. Sounds like you have had an interesting time in the hospital haha
LM maybe that was a sign of your mucus plug comingout? Mine never did with dd so i couldnt tell you for sure but maybe its a start of something lol
Spotted dog- i love the name gracie for a girl and for a boy well Maybe Stanley Jack? Its soo hard i know. i just had to ask my DH yesterday if we were for sure desiding on Jonathan so i could add it to my signature haha because iwas still unsure .

3 more days and we can say we are due next month! :shock: :happydance:

We have not picked any names for definite, we have a few in mind and will choose when he comes out :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->