January Testing Thread! New Year = New Baby! 58 testers & 12 BFPs so far- Who's Next?

im a little worried now! I might be pregnant this month. I just got a call for a paralegal interview Friday. If I am pregnant do you think they will give me maternity leave in 9 months?

they legally have to my dear :)

Good Luck!!

Really because I looked online and in NY it says it has to be more than 50 employees and work there over a yr? or did I read wrong:wacko:

Well what do you mean by "maternity leave"? They have to let you take time off for "leave" but they don't necessarily have to pay you. The agency i work for is under 50 employees... they don't give us paid maternity leave... but we can use our paid time off (sick, personal, etc) and then the rest is unpaid. We are only allowed 8 weeks... even if it's "unpaid." But that is just a rule at my agency... every place is different. I personally would interview... not tell them i "might be pregnant"... ask a bunch of general questions (including about maternity leave) and/or ask to read the HR handbook & look up about maternity leave. You are not obligated to tell them at the interview that you are pregnant.

You may want to post your question as an original post on one of the pregnancy boards... you'll get a lot more responses & maybe some people from NY will see it & respond. Currently you're posted it in a "two week wait testing thread" :shrug:

** Updated **

VSubasic -- Do you want to be added for a testing date?

im a little worried now! I might be pregnant this month. I just got a call for a paralegal interview Friday. If I am pregnant do you think they will give me maternity leave in 9 months?

Good Luck!!

Really because I looked online and in NY it says it has to be more than 50 employees and work there over a yr? or did I read wrong:wacko:

Well what do you mean by "maternity leave"? They have to let you take time off for "leave" but they don't necessarily have to pay you. The agency i work for is under 50 employees... they don't give us paid maternity leave... but we can use our paid time off (sick, personal, etc) and then the rest is unpaid. We are only allowed 8 weeks... even if it's "unpaid." But that is just a rule at my agency... every place is different. I personally would interview... not tell them i "might be pregnant"... ask a bunch of general questions (including about maternity leave) and/or ask to read the HR handbook & look up about maternity leave. You are not obligated to tell them at the interview that you are pregnant.

You may want to post your question as an original post on one of the pregnancy boards... you'll get a lot more responses & maybe some people from NY will see it & respond. Currently you're posted it in a "two week wait testing thread" :shrug:

Thanks for the advice. If I am I plan on telling them at 6 months.

Good Luck!!

Just don't say anything at the interview!!! Wait till you get hired at least! Dont give them a reason to go with another person... But I think that they have to give matrenity leave!

Thanks I planned on waiting till 6 months to tell them if I am hired :winkwink:

sooooo 9DPO, ill test tomorrow and at 12DPO even though af is due in like a million years..my body is funny that way

Hi, just found this thread, ive tested today Negative unfortunately :( x x julie x x

C'mon girls! We are due for some more :bfp: 's! Let's go!

Who is testing next??

:test: :test: :test:

Can I be added please? AF is due 22nd Jan... but as a POASaholic, I will 99% test before then :haha: x

AF due on the 7th...didn't come! Wooo!

Tested on the 10th....BFN. Booo...

Still no AF! Wooooo!!!

Testing again on the 14th.

Baby Dust! Baby Dust! Baby dust to everyone!

hey guys, hope eveyone is well, just a quick question, how do you get those tickers on posts,ive created them but i dont know how to put them on my posts,its just showing up on the preview signatures,any help would be great xx

Hi
Please could you add me i will be starting to test on the 17th when AF is 1 day late thanks xx

Mine was due today and found out I have :bfp: on Sunday night which was on the 9th! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->