July 1st anyone else in July2013

Oh gosh Myra - here I am complaining about silly things and you are being a total rock star in difficult circumstances!
We are here for you girl and I'm so glad to hear your little man is staying in a little longer.
Drhouse, I had planned to go on leave in early June, but now I have a feeling it will be sooner....

Myra you are in my prayers. I can't imagine going through that. Please keep us posted. It would be hard but you need to try to relax. Let everyone wait on you and pamper you as much as possible.
Beachgal I hope your shower was fun and you were not put on the spot.
I am okay, getting use to my shots 4 times a day. Went for my monthly growth scan, baby is 2 pounds and so far the diabetes is not affecting him.
Everyone take care, especially you Myra.

Shower turned out to be lovely and fun :). There was only an awkward moment or two but I think that was just me feeling uncomfortable with the focus being on me. :)
Myra - how are you doing?
Julieb - glad to hear baby is growin well and that you are coping with the shots ok. I can imagine it was difficult at first?
Sending hugs to everyone :)

Julie- wow, shots 4 times/day. Sorry you have to do that. I'm very happy to hear baby is doing well- a perfect weight!

Beachgal- yay! glad you had a good shower!!

Thanks again for thinking about us and sending your thoughts and wishes. I just wanted to say that though my situation may be more dramatic, it doesn't diminish the importance of all the day to day challenges and excitements everyone else is facing. This is a momentous time for all of us and I enjoy reading your updates. So please don't apologize- I like reading about the "normal" side of things too...I only want the best outcomes for all of us, whatever forms that may take :thumbup:

Baby was being a bit naughty yesterday...preparing us for eventual toddler life on the outside, I suppose. Spent the day on labor/delivery floor since he kept having occasional decelerations in heart rate (caused by cord compression with the low fluid- when he rolls over, he might be rolling onto his cord and there is no liquid buffer to keep them all floating so it compresses a bit). Nurse said if he kept that up over night, then we would likely be induced in the morning. OH and I started preparing (and freaking out perhaps) that come morning, I'd be in labor. OH went out and got my favorite treats, said I should be able to have whatever I wanted the night before I had to deliver. But then at 6, the doctor said she didn't see enough cause for concern to induce him at 28 weeks. If the decelerations lasted longer or if his heart rate didn't come back up to perfectly normal for the majority of the time, she would feel differently. So up we came off the labor floor and back to our 2nd home in my room on the 8th floor.

While in some moments I still feel angry that this pregnancy isn't going how I'd planned, I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm going to have a preemie and starting to feel blessed that I am given the opportunity to be his mom. As OH reminded me- at 13 weeks we were told I was miscarrying. At that point, I couldn't have imagined ever being lucky enough to be here at 28 weeks.

Myra so pleased to hear that you are still in one piece. I know that you are worried... and I hope that the staff are looking after you well. The internet can be a bit of a life saver can't it in terms of making the time go fast.

Thinking of you and bubs... Have you chosen a name yet??

Beach Gal, good to hear about the shower... sounds like fun... I am not sure whether to have one

Julie.. I am now a gestational diabetic on metformin so I am also in the sticking myself camp which sucks.. Are you an IDDM? or gestational diabetic.. What sugars do you aim for?

drhouse- sorry- I just realized I hadn't responded to your initial post...that was in the midst of all the chaos. Doctors aren't sure why I am going to have pre-term labor. The only explanation I've heard is that the bleeding I had earlier in pregnancy could have put me at risk for that. I've also read that significant antibiotics could also increase likelihood of premature rupture of membranes, and when I was in the hospital for what they thought was listeria, I was getting IV antibiotics 6x/day plus continued on oral after discharge.

Everyone here is taking such good care of us, so that helps make a challenging situation a bit easier.

Oh- our little boy is named Connor. His daddy is Scottish so we wanted a name to reflect his background

Myra - love the name Connor :). Glad you are being taken good care of. And also love that hubby brought you some treats!!! What did you get to enjoy? What's your fav?
Haha and even though the shower was lovely, I'm glad it's over - one less thing to stress about lol!
I'm dealing with some major anxiety and stress with work. My boss is a major you know what and she is making it hard for me and my team of employees. She lacks compassion on the best of days and she is just being nasty to my team and not supportive of the decisions they make (our workplace encourages staff to be empowered to make their own decisions)
Anyways I'll miss my team when I leave and try my best to protect them from her but I don't know how much longer I can do it :(
On a happier note, I'm on a single girls babymoon :). I'm at a mountain resort for a couple of days with my best friend and my dog. We have spa appts and just enjoying the resort town :).
Dr house, how are you doing with the injections? Has it been difficult to get used to?

drhouse I have gestational. I was hoping for oral medication but that didn't happen. My insulin is still getting adjusted every Monday when I call in my week of fingersticks. My level in the morning should be 60- 95 and 2 hours after meals 60-120. I will get there eventually.

Myra thank you for the update. So glad Mr. Connor is behaving.

Has anyone heard from Libbysmum? I hope she is okay.

Oh Myra, you have really been through the mill. I admire your strength in all this. x

I think Libbysmum is in the process of moving to a new home. Hopefully that's why we haven't heard from her in a bit.

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to share my 28 week photo...feeling like I have a beach ball in there! :blush:

Attachments

• 28 weels.jpg
    28 weels.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 7
WOW what a lovely bump! You look so happy!

You look like he is going to be a good size!

Have you thought about names yet??

Lovely neat bump, beachgirl!

I'm 26 weeks and have had a 3 kilo growth spurt in the past 2 weeks. I feel enormous!

Beautiful bump, beachgal!

How is everyone doing this week?

I am SO excited to say we've made it to the one week mark without giving birth!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Still trying to keep the "one day at a time" mentality while hoping this means a long hospital stay!! We had an ultrasound Thursday and Connor is looking great- passed all his tests with a 10/10 score! My fluid levels, as to be expected, are low but as of Thursday were in the "mild" range (versus the next levels of moderate and then severe). I had my last round of antibiotics yesterday, so now we just need to be on alert for an infection developing. If that happens, I would be induced immediately. If it doesn't happen AND no complications develop AND my body doesn't go into labor, we can get as far as 34 weeks when they would then induce. Fingers crossed!!

Excited too that we'll be hitting 29 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! The way last weekend went, we certainly didn't expect to get to this point with baby still incubating away. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Great news Myra!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo... Every week counts. The 29 week data is pretty good... between 27 and 29 weeks it gets much better for baby.. .so you have done super well to keep your legs crossed!

And baby has had the steroids which is really great news.

I hope you aren't too bored!!!

There is always BNB!!!

Yay Myra and Connor!! Glad to hear he is staying inside, warm and cozy for a little longer :)
I have narrowed names down to a top 3. Blake, Emerson and Riley. I think I'm going to wait until birth to make a final decision. I'm finding it so hard to decide! Has everyone else decided on names?

Excellent news, Myra! Congrats. Every day counts so it's brilliant you have made week 29. :) I'm so happy for you, hubby and Connor. It sounds like you are receiving some excellent care which must be very reassuring.

We didn't find out gender so have a short list of about 10 names for boys & 10 for girls. (But we have 3 favorites for girls - Evelyn, Lillian & Zara, and 1 for boy - Samuel) We will wait til the birth to decide as well, beachgal.

Wow the names are fabbo girls.

We are thinking William John and surname G.

I want to spice it up a bit e.g William Rupert John G**** or William Leo John G**** but DH is a bit worried about it being too fussy. I did google his name and after the first 84 posts for others called the same name I now have him thinking about it! What do you girls think. It has to be William for his dad and John for mine.. but a twister in there would be good!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->