July 1st anyone else in July2013

Ooo I like both options, drhouse. I would find it hard to choose between the two. A friend of ours chose Rupert as a first name which I wasn't sure about at first but it's really grown on me.

Beachgal- I like all yours too. Emerson is unusual. I've not heard of that name before. Where does it come from?

Drhouse- I love both name options also!!
Emerson is an old English name - https://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Emerson
I actually have never met anyone with that name so it intrigues me!

We are thinking Stryker or Nash. Who knows what other names we will add to the list. Like Beachgal we are waiting for his arrival and then decide.

I really like Emerson, beachgal! But I know DH would never entertain it. He only likes very traditional boys names:(

Wow Julie, two more creative names. Niiiice!

We seem to have quite a few boys in the July baby group!

Shanoa I am wondering if you will be team blue once team yellow declares itself. We are all blue!???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other ideas for good names William X John G*****??????????????

It's fun getting to see all your name ideas- what great, strong names!

I wonder if its coincidence that so far we are all having boys or if there is some correlation between gender and mom's age...?

drhouse- I like the idea of adding in a 3rd name- that way you get to have your originality mixed in instead of it just being a given that he's named after his grandfathers. That being said, I don't have any good suggestions...We had the hardest time coming up with boys names. Girls names? no problem. If it was a girl, she would have been named Fiona Rose. Boys we narrowed down to Logan and Connor. We initially went with Logan but it just didn't quite feel right for this little guy. Connor ended up feeling so much more natural.

And his middle name...well, it will be Snake. OH has always wanted a son called Snake (after a character in a movie) but thought no woman in her right mind would ever agree. He was right about that! After thinking about it for a while though, I realized that my primary objection was worrying about what other people would think and I didn't want that influencing our name choice so I said ok to it as a middle name. It has made OH SO very happy.

I figure either a boy will think its cool to have Snake as his name or, if he doesn't like it, he won't have to share it with anyone.

It's fun getting to see all your name ideas- what great, strong names!

I wonder if its coincidence that so far we are all having boys or if there is some correlation between gender and mom's age...?

drhouse- I like the idea of adding in a 3rd name- that way you get to have your originality mixed in instead of it just being a given that he's named after his grandfathers. That being said, I don't have any good suggestions...We had the hardest time coming up with boys names. Girls names? no problem. If it was a girl, she would have been named Fiona Rose. Boys we narrowed down to Logan and Connor. We initially went with Logan but it just didn't quite feel right for this little guy. Connor ended up feeling so much more natural.

And his middle name...well, it will be Snake. OH has always wanted a son called Snake (after a character in a movie) but thought no woman in her right mind would ever agree. He was right about that! After thinking about it for a while though, I realized that my primary objection was worrying about what other people would think and I didn't want that influencing our name choice so I said ok to it as a middle name. It has made OH SO very happy.

I figure either a boy will think its cool to have Snake as his name or, if he doesn't like it, he won't have to share it with anyone.

Chinese gender charts go by the age of mother at conception, and the month concieved....I think you may be on to something....

The Chinese gender chart said I was having a girl. It actually made me sad. We have 3 already, I just kept telling myself it was wrong and it was. Yay!!!

Drhouse - my Mum is adamant its a girl. I have no 'feeling' either way. Strange. I thought I would.

We are considering William David John H.... as one name combination for a boy.

Myra- is that Snake Plissken from Escape for New York? That's one of DH's favourite movies. He is currently reciting huge chunks of the movie to me as I type this! Lol

Julie- Chinese gender chart is saying girl for me too. It almost makes me want to root for a boy just because a boy is now the 'underdog'. :)

(Myra - DH has now just put the Escape from NY DVD on! Hahaha what have we started!?)

Shanoa- hahaha- yes- that's the character and movie!! How funny he loves it too! I've yet to see the movie- I don't want to watch it and potentially end up disliking the character or movie...let me know what you think of it! ;)

Myra- you've planted a seed! As we are watching Snake, DH is now thinking about Schaffer as a middle name for a boy. Schaffer is Clint Eastwood's character's name in Where Eagle's Dare which is his favourite movie of all time.

William David Schaffer H... It's definitely different. :)

Myra- you've planted a seed! As we are watching Snake, DH is now thinking about Schaffer as a middle name for a boy. Schaffer is Clint Eastwood's character's name in Where Eagle's Dare which is his favourite movie of all time.

William David Schaffer H... It's definitely different. :)

OH loved that you two sat down to watch Escape- and your DHs idea for a middle name! My OH is a huge movie lover (he has over 300 on his hard drive) and when we were name searching, he was running through all the names in his favorite movies. Baby was conceived the night we watched Dark Knight Rises, so we were trying to come up with names from that movie but couldn't agree on one we both liked. Besides if we were to go with one of those, our son might feel awkward when telling him the story of how he got his name :winkwink:

The Dark Knight Rises is a great movie but I can see how you would struggle with names like Bain and Ra's al ghul!

Yes maybe that would be a funny story to tell. I've always thought it would be a bit awkward for Brooklyn Beckham with the whole world knowing he got his name because he was conceived in Brooklyn. :/

Haha I love the baby names based on conception night! I agree that telling the child when they are older might be a little awkward ;)
Well I have been written off work as of yesterday due to back pains/muscle spasms and anxiety. In one way I feel relief and in another sense I feel some anxiety with how work is going to feel and of course dealing with insurance is never fun :(
But as my doctor keeps reminding me, I'm now caring for two and this is the best thing for me and my baby boy.
My mom is flying out in a couple of weeks and will be driving me, my dog and car back across the country. Thank god for reclining seats... I'm looking forward to moving back home where I'll be around friends and family :)
How's everyone else doing?

Beachgal at least this will give you time to get organized for the move. How long is the trip? Do you already have a new doctor picked out for when you get there? You should take a lot of breaks in your drive or you will start to retain water. We went on a 2 hour trip and it caused more issues then the trip was worth. I am happy to hear your mom will be there on the long haul, it will make things safer.

It should take us 4-5 days of driving... So it's a big trip and definitely will take lots of breaks!
I had my 3hr glucose test today ... Yuck! I Have a feeling I have GD and should find out tomorrow hopefully.
My apt is almost empty with a few pieces of furniture being bought at the end of the month. It's crazy how much crap I collected!

Beach gal I have it. It sucks and it seems that us 35+ have a high rate of it. Up to 25% of us, insulin rates are up 300% since the HAPO study. Your bump is pretty big for dates. I'm crossing my fingers for you..... you may be right to worry though. I'm measuring 31 cm at 28 weeks and my BSLs are too high despite maximal metformin.

Beachgal I hope you do not have to go through GD. It sucks and is a pain in the butt. My insulin gets raised every Monday. Hopefully it will soon get into range. I already take 48 units in the morning, my syringe only holds 50. I really do not want any extra needle sticks. On the good side none of this has affected the little man.

Connor Snake C., born at 5:11pm today at 29 weeks and 3 days. He's already an overachiever....an incredible weight for his age: 3lbs 7oz!! We are so proud of and in love with him.

Amazingly and unexpectedly, he came out crying, meaning his lungs are doing well!

Here are a couple of his first pics- he hadn't been cleaned up yet. Hopefully we'll get some good shots of that tomorrow if we can take him out of his isolette (fingers crossed!!) The first is just after he was born and I got to hold him on my belly, also unexpected since we didn't think I'd get to hold him yet but because his lungs were working ok I got to for a few seconds :) You can see how tiny he is there. Excellent Apgars of 8 & 9!!!!

Right now he is breathing mostly on his how (with a CPAP device), and if that keeps up overnight, most likely he won't need a breathing tube. Still taking it hour by hour, day by day but the first few hours have gone very well. I'll come back tomorrow and update you on the labor and delivery- quite smooth (once they realized I was actually in labor!)

Attachments

• photo 1-2.jpg
    photo 1-2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
  • photo 2-5.jpg
    photo 2-5.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 6
Omg congratulations, Myra! What a little trooper! I'm so glad you got to hold your little man and great news his lungs are doing well.

I'm so happy for you all. Fingers crossed everything carries on as well as it has done so far! Looking forward to hearing more.x

Beachgal, sorry to hear you are suffering but great you're going to get some rest. It's good news that you are pretty much there with finalising the flat so you can focus on getting thru the trip home and then relaxing. All the best for your test results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->