• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July 1st anyone else in July2013

:) I am so tired. If I go into Labor feeling this tired I don't know how I will find the strength to push!

If my experience is anything to go on...once you get to labor, enough adrenaline is coursing through you to find the energy to push. I was in labor for 11 hours (though we didn't realize for the first 9! I was just under observation for the zillionth time and they fully expected contractions to stop and for me to go back to my hospital room. OH made the doc come back and check to see if I was dialited...immediately after got the epidural, threw up and 2 hours and then 3 rounds of active pushing later our little guy was born...granted he was tiny but you all will do great!!!

Speaking of Connor- he passed the 8lb mark yesterday!

Hi gals!!!

Just got home and went straight for my comfy pj pants. It took 5 hours for two Dr appts and get home. This was last growth ultrasound with the diabetic Dr. LO is weighing in at 8 lbs 8oz. The Dr said he should be a good 9 lbs by next Fri. He is head down. I am not sure if this changes the c-section next week. I will know Tuesday when I see my OB. I am ready and hope my cold is passing. I don't want to deliver sick.
Hope everyone is progressing!!!

8 pounds is awesome, Myra. Go Connor Snake!

Hope you feel loads better over the weekend, Julie, so you're in top form for Tuesday. Your little man sound like he's in great shape! :)

Our long weekend away turned day-trips-only turned into a hospital day followed by a pj day today! We've done a few chores about the house and watched 2 episodes of Game of Thrones, a Narnia movie and some rubbish television. Not exactly what I had envisaged but pretty relaxing all the same.

We will do the last bit of shopping for the little one tomorrow and little else. I am enjoying this slower pace. I think my brain is finally slowing down to match my waddly body!

DH wants to see Superman so we arranged for my mother to babysit and hope that bump stays put during the movie.
Yay Connor- 8pounds! A great achievement! That is pretty much the size of a normal newbie now eh? I can't imagine how impatient you guys must be feeling not having him home yet! I am sure you are getting to know that hospital like the back of your hand by now.
I got to go...DD just shut herself in the kitchen cupboard and is saying "mommy I stuck!" It's kind of cute and hilarious I almost want to leave her there...lol

Haha aww your post about Libby made me giggle. Bless her.

Did you make it through Superman?

Yes, but I ate a burger which had a bit too much spice and am now dealing with the heartburn. Superman was great DH loved it!

Ugh heartburn is horrendous. A friend told me to put a bit of boiling water into a mug, stir in some fennel & honey (or sugar) then top up with milk. Put it all in to the microwave to warm up.

I haven't tried it yet (thankfully BB seems to have dropped a bit recently) but quite a few people have recommended this or similar for heartburn.

Glad you made it thru Man of Steel. DH loved it more than I did. It's definitely one for the boys but pretty good for girls too. I'm not sure if it's weird or not how similar the new Superman looks to the original guy - Christopher Reeve.

I was up every hour through the night. I just want to sleep but it won't happen. I know all of you can relate. It is only 9am and I need a nap. DH is working until 3 and then we are going to the grocery store. I will be exhausted after that. I am swelled up this morning and my feet are tight. I need to go sometime this week for a pedi, so looking forward to that. I was going to do my yardsale tomorrow but it seems like too much work.

DH and I was talking last night about giving birth. At this point I feel so lazy and tired. I just don't want to go through 10 to 14 hours of labor. It takes me forever. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain but now I don't want to feel it. I can't seem to decide. I hope my Dr makes the decision for me. I am okay with having a cesarean. I guess I will know Tuesday what we are doing.

We have a holiday Thursday, 4th of July. DH will be home and I plan to just relax and get my mind focused on Fri and meeting our son.

Have a nice weekend, maybe someone will go into labor.

Enjoy your weekend ladies. I hope everyone gets the rest they need! It's our holiday here on Monday...Ideally I'd like to not have BB on a holiday but we'll see what he has in mind. He still seems pretty comfy in there. :)

It is DH's birthday tomorrow and I feel kind of badly as I haven't mustered up the energy to make him his fav german chocolate cake. It's so time consuming. I found a packet mix for the cake batter so that shouldn't take too long but the frosting is a bit messy...not looking forward to it at all. I am secretly hoping to go into labour just to avoid baking LOL
Julie...how long labour did you have with your previous kids?
I was told at my last appointment they estimate I will not go longer than 8-12 hours this time all going to plan. That sounds heaps nicer than the 29 hours I had with Libby...I felt so jipped I went through all the pain and labouring and then had the emergency c section...was so hopeful for the endorphin's to kick in but nada.
This baby better cooperate!

One more day til your due date Libbysmum- exciting!! Hope you get out of baking that cake ;)

I'm with Myra - c'mon baby - cake can wait ;)
The last two nights I've had dreams about Bb. Last night being the most vivid. First dream was that my water broke, so I woke up and jumped out of bed (well you know what "jumped out of bed" means to a 9 month pregnant woman, haha) and just had to rush to the bathroom to pee. Lol no water breaking, boooo.
Next dream was Bb was just born and I was leaving the hospital. I have a party to go to (haha yeah right, first day out of the hospital and I'm going to a party with Bb?). Anyways, I went to a quiet room to breast feed and was trying to make sure I was doing it right and somehow milk squirted everywhere haha oh man. I also referred to Bb as a girl by accident and had to remind myself during the dream that it was a boy!
I have to say the love I felt looking at Bb in my dream was unreal. I felt like the world had stopped for a moment and it was just me and him. Oh, and I left the party right away bc I wanted to go home and be with just him!
Such a vivid dream!

That is some pretty wild dreams beachgal. I had a few wild ones lately too not all baby related. Just stupid things the subconscious is a weird place.
Got the laundry on, packet cake cooling on wire rack. Still no baby! DH was disappointed he had to go to work today.

Myra... How is Connor? Do you have a new date for going home?

DH and I cleaned from top to bottom. I am exhausted and my feet are swelled. When I walk it feels like jell-o wiggling on top of them, so much fluid.

Dove I hope you and Lucas are home.

We are having a cook out with family Thursday for the holiday, DH will do most of the cooking. I thought of you Emily today at the store. I have chocolate cake mix and needed icing. I bought the pecan coconut for German Chocolate Cake. Beats making homemade, open can and spread. Homemade probably tastes better thou.

Let's have babies this week ladies!!!!!

one of the hazzards of owning an American husband and living in Australia we don't have cans of pre-made icing. At least not a huge selection. I think we have vanilla and chocolate but that is all. Certain products you just can't access in the shop you would have to send away for it special delivery. He really wants Cheesits (sp) but we can't buy them over here.
Been having a few contractions since making the blinkin cake! That would be right...all that effort and I will end up not even getting a taste if I am in hospital later today...lol I am sure DH will love it.

Your cake looked yummy. I have some cheez-it's in the cabinet. The kids love them. If you ever want a box with some goodies, let me know. I have a good friend in Oshawa, Canada who I am always picking up cereal and hamburger helper and sending it. When she comes to visit she stocks up on minute maid pink lemonade.
Nothing exciting today. I have an appt with the family Dr today. Just updating my info and setting up LO and DH for appts.
Last night my hubby was making fun of my feet, saying they didn't look like feet. He said when I go get my pedi tomorrow they will be arguing in the back who has to touch them. I said they all are oriental and they will be talking about me in front of me and I won't know. LOL.

Lol Julie, I've had that happen (prepregnancy) where I'm certain the pedicure ladies were talking about me!
Today is Canada day so everything is closed. I think I'm going to a friends house for a bit and then visit my uncle. But I've been pretty lazy and tired this morning and just woke up from a nap.
Crazy to think this baby will be here in less than 2 weeks time at the most! I have my appt tomorrow so I wonder if the Dr will do a sweep. Or if my cervix has changed at all since last week!
Libbysmum- I had a dream last night that you had your baby!

Happy Canada Day, Beachgal!

I hope your babies come soon, ladies, but I am crossing my legs for another week and a bit. Totally selfishly I want to finish work and have a bit of a break first!

Well tonight I had a bath and wasn't feeling great. Afterwards I ended up throwing up and loose bm's. I'm laying in bed now feeling nauseous still and some cramping. Don't know if this is the start of something or something I ate today that isn't agreeing with me. Either way, I hate feeling sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->