• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July 1st anyone else in July2013

Hi ladies,

is it normal that my first Dr. appt isnt until Dec 18th? They didnt even draw blood or anything? I think they said my first appt was a meet and greet with the OBGYN because I have never met her? Is this normal, when will my first scan be if this is just a meet and greet?

How many weeks will you be on the 18th? That must be putting you close to end of first tri, right?

I don't have a lot of experience with this so I don't have a good answer for you, but I feel like they should see you sooner. As I write that, though, I'm thinking about another July babies thread that I'm on and a number of women don't have scans scheduled until 10 weeks. The 1st doc I went to scheduled the first appt/scan for 6 weeks and did 2 rounds of bloodwork. The new doctor's office doesn't see anyone until 8 weeks; and then I have a scan, an appt with the nurse and then the doctor.

Sloan- just went back and re-read your post. I think i missed the first time that a scan isn't scheduled. I'd call them back and ask....maybe you could say that you were having some spotting and worried, so could they get you in sooner??

my first dd we didnt see anyone til about 10wks and they did blood pressure checks and general health, weight etc...I didn't have a scan with her til I was 17 and a half weeks.
I think unless anything is a concern they don't really see you...especially with public health...private health they check everything so I am told at every visit. I only know this cause a few friends have it and they told me they get scans at every visit...I was shocked.

I will be almost 10 weeks when I see the Dr and they do the first scan. I meet with the nurse on the 6th for my blood work and fill out paper work. With my other 4 I always received a scan on my first appt. I think different Dr offices do things differently. If I would of stayed with this Dr I was not going to get a scan on my first appt.

Sloan- I would call the doctor's office and just ask. You need to feel comfortable with the staff as well as the doctor. I worked for an OB/GYN (accounting) we talked more to the patients then the doctor. I learned so much more then just the financial side. I left my OB because of the staff, not truly because of the Dr herself. I even asked them if I would get a scan my first appointment because I did not want my DH to take off work to go if there was not going to be a scan.

I did get my levels from Wed's draw. They are 1104. They said that is right for 5-6 weeks.

Here is my scan photo...had troubles loading it so ended up taking a screen shot with my phone and loading it that way...so technology isn't my friend.

Attachments

• scan 16 nov 2012.jpg
    scan 16 nov 2012.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
Ok so i went into the Dr. today, it was just a class for information. There were 4 of us girls. we all got blood drawn and gave urine samples but nothing else. My next appt is Dec 18th and i will be about 10 weeks. I am not sure if they will go a scan or not but I hope so......

Hi all

We are due July 9! Very excited!!! Wonderful news!!!!! Congrats to you all!!!!! I'm hoping for a girl!!!! You guys?

Hi all

We are due July 9! Very excited!!! Wonderful news!!!!! Congrats to you all!!!!! I'm hoping for a girl!!!! You guys?

Congrats and welcome!!!!

As for gender, I'd be happy with either- I have a bunch of nephews, so more familiarity with raising boys but either way, I'm sure we have a lot of learning to do! My OH is leaning towards a girl. We both keep thinking of this baby as a she, but if old wives tales are to be believed, this would be a boy (craving all sorts of salty foods and my usual sweet tooth seems to have disappeared)

Have any of you started morning sickness yet? I thought it primarily comes from when your stomach is empty and that's why they say to eat small meals throughout the day. I seem to only feel sick after I eat...makes it hard to want to eat when 80% of the time I end up with an upset stomach...

:dohh:
Have any of you started morning sickness yet? I thought it primarily comes from when your stomach is empty and that's why they say to eat small meals throughout the day. I seem to only feel sick after I eat...makes it hard to want to eat when 80% of the time I end up with an upset stomach...

No vomits but def feeling the nausea. Every day for over a week now. I have some ginger bears - kind of like gummibears and some ginger beer which you can buy in Australia. It seems to help. I really am trying hard not to over eat cause I put on so much weight with my first pregnancy to stop myself being sick I just ate and ate.:dohh:

I have not had the experience yet of throwing up but the nausea has been a constant. This morning cooking sausage, I started to gag. The smell was awful to me. I been trying so hard to drink more water. It is funny how I would drink bottles of water a day and now I just don't have a taste for it. Has anyone felt bloated? At night is the worse for me. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We are hanging Christmas lights outside while the weather is not so cold.

Julie, I've been having the same issue around water. I just don't feel like drinking it much~ but I can't get all my liquids from juice...way too much sugar there! I keep getting headaches and I'm not sure if it's because I'm not drinking enough water or if its certain foods that I'm eating or if its just all these new hormones....

Julie, I've been having the same issue around water. I just don't feel like drinking it much~ but I can't get all my liquids from juice...way too much sugar there! I keep getting headaches and I'm not sure if it's because I'm not drinking enough water or if its certain foods that I'm eating or if its just all these new hormones....

I been drinking water, chai latte- instead of coffee, only have one cup of coffee per day now but never seem able to finish it as it doesn't taste the same as before pregnant.
Have at least 1 glass of juice a day- I can't drink too much or I get a UTI.
Been drinking a load of ginger beer for the morning sickness but it gives me gas...gas is slightly better than feeling sick.:dohh:

I am seeing the doctor today about the scan results :) 9.30am this morning.
:winkwink:

I hope your appointment goes well and that you have great scan results!!

I was supposed to have my 8 wk scan and appt with the new doc on Tuesday, but my OH has asked if I can try and reschedule for Wednesday this week or next week (the only days he can leave work early) since he really wants to be there...I figure if its important for him to be there, then I can be patient a bit longer, besides I really like that he wants to be with me for these....hopefully they have openings this last minute for Wednesday...

Hi

I've got lots
Of
SPit
Yuk! Well known in pregnancy and a real need for simple carbohydrate!

I'm nauseated and light headed in the afternoons.

No vomiting yet. Just bought sea bands for travel sickness which work well. Am off coffee too the milk tastes sour when it's fine :)

I stopped drinking coffee last week as well- it just started tasting bad to me

I hope your appointment goes well and that you have great scan results!!

I was supposed to have my 8 wk scan and appt with the new doc on Tuesday, but my OH has asked if I can try and reschedule for Wednesday this week or next week (the only days he can leave work early) since he really wants to be there...I figure if its important for him to be there, then I can be patient a bit longer, besides I really like that he wants to be with me for these....hopefully they have openings this last minute for Wednesday...

Ah nice that hubby want to take part. That is lovely. I hope you can arrange something so he can participate. My DH was sitting behind the ultrasound lady and she asked him to move back...I think she got frightened that he was so close. He just wanted to see the little tv screen lol:haha:
The Dr I saw today was lovely...she wants to see me every 4 weeks to check my bloodpressure and health etc of the baby. Haven't heard anything from the hospital yet even though they have had the fax since october!!!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->