July 2013- TTC'ers.....5 BFP's :-)

Oh and just incase you didn't know, after your peak day ignore when it asks for sticks, it's a total waste as you automatically get a second peak, then a high then back to low regardless of what lines on sticks show :)

Good to know. I wasted a few last month :dohh:

If your on highs now you probably will!! You'll have to persuade him that you could have a bfp while on honeymoon (on in honeymoon period if your not going away :) ) we did that first time, I ovulated a week before wedding, although didn't get pg till cycle after. Hope he changes his mind when he knows there's a egg on offer. X

If your on highs now you probably will!! You'll have to persuade him that you could have a bfp while on honeymoon (on in honeymoon period if your not going away :) ) we did that first time, I ovulated a week before wedding, although didn't get pg till cycle after. Hope he changes his mind when he knows there's a egg on offer. X

Me too. I am trying so hard to explain to him we will miss the egg if I O before the wedding which I believe I will and that you have to catch the egg to get pg. So far no luck on convincing him. he still wants to use condoms :cry:

Whhhhhat!! He's crazy lol. Go on a sex ban ha ha. X

Haha, a sex ban! That's harsh:haha:

Haha! It would be on my poor hubby! Since we've started TTC again he's been so excited bless him!

Not used to trying for any more than 1 cycle as both times I fell pregnant (1 was a 2nd tri loss) we conceived in the 1st cycle. So its all a bit new to me.

I'm thinking about using an ovulation kit but how do they work? :blush:

Haha, a sex ban! That's harsh:haha:

Haha! It would be on my poor hubby! Since we've started TTC again he's been so excited bless him!

Not used to trying for any more than 1 cycle as both times I fell pregnant (1 was a 2nd tri loss) we conceived in the 1st cycle. So its all a bit new to me.

I'm thinking about using an ovulation kit but how do they work? :blush:

SO says he's excited to start ttc but who knows. I am hoping i'll get a bunch of highs then O wedding day but if i go by the last two charts it was CD 14 or 15 & i'm on CD 9 so guess i'll miss O this month cause of my SO. :cry:
He doesn't realize that the chances of getting pregnant if you miss O are very slim. You have to catch the egg. I hope i conceive quickly. Ovulation kits are good i liked dollar tree & walmart 88 cent ones. the second line has to be the same color or darker as the first line to be positive :)

I'm not too sure how OPKs work, but I've convinced DH to let me pick some up and start using them this weekend. Looking forward to trying them out!

SO says he's excited to start ttc but who knows. I am hoping i'll get a bunch of highs then O wedding day but if i go by the last two charts it was CD 14 or 15 & i'm on CD 9 so guess i'll miss O this month cause of my SO. :cry:
He doesn't realize that the chances of getting pregnant if you miss O are very slim. You have to catch the egg. I hope i conceive quickly. Ovulation kits are good i liked dollar tree & walmart 88 cent ones. the second line has to be the same color or darker as the first line to be positive :)

Thanks for the tip :) Does it have to be first morning urine like hpt's or any time of day? And do you take more than one test through the day? Eek, I know nothing of these!:shy:

Have you explained the ovulation and fertile times to SO? Maybe if he knew the science of the process he would be more understanding...

They actually say that afternoon is better for OPKs. :) I think you can take more than one per day, especially if you do one in the morning, but I've never needed to.

And you don't do them the entire cycle. Before I had a handle on about when I ovulate, I did one a day starting on CD10 at (about-ish) the same time in the afternoon and keep doing that until I got a positive. Now that I know, I end up doing them only about 4 days a cycle. Which, if you use internet cheapies, makes it really cheap to do. ;)

Lol.... My body & brain are too connected. I've been worried about catching the egg this month since I O about CD12/13 and hubby is leaving for work on CD13. And.... Looks like AF is showing up a day early for me. Isn't that sweet? :haha:

I'm not too sure how OPKs work, but I've convinced DH to let me pick some up and start using them this weekend. Looking forward to trying them out!

Thanks for the tip :) Does it have to be first morning urine like hpt's or any time of day? And do you take more than one test through the day? Eek, I know nothing of these!:shy:

Have you explained the ovulation and fertile times to SO? Maybe if he knew the science of the process he would be more understanding...

What bibliophile said. I have never needed more than one either but some people test twice a day. I have tried to. It still seems like he doesnt get it though. Do you know how I could say it to him to make him understand?

Does he not get it? Or is he just not in as much of a hurry as we are and just really wants to "be married" for whatever reason first? It kinda sounds like he wants everything official first. Hubby was like that for a while.... But at that point, we weren't really planning on getting married, so he just kinda had to get over it. And turns out, we did get married first. Lol.

My opk's are positive on a morning but are darker in afternoon. a couple of cycles I had positives for a week so had no idea what was going on so last and this cycle I got my cbfm out again, much easier.

What bibliophile said. I have never needed more than one either but some people test twice a day. I have tried to. It still seems like he doesnt get it though. Do you know how I could say it to him to make him understand?

Does he not get it? Or is he just not in as much of a hurry as we are and just really wants to "be married" for whatever reason first? It kinda sounds like he wants everything official first. Hubby was like that for a while.... But at that point, we weren't really planning on getting married, so he just kinda had to get over it. And turns out, we did get married first. Lol.

Thanks ladies! I hope that just doing it once a day will do it for me. Do you have to do them up until ovulation or could I start doing them once I get some cm?

Biblio brings up a good thought, could your SO maybe be wanting to be married and official first? DH told me once we were married that he had felt a feeling of guilt starting to ttc before the wedding, he couldn't express why because he knows he wants to have children and now that we're married we're trying like crazy but up until the official "I do" he was concerned. :shrug:

Maybe a little bit of both lol He says "you can still get pregnant after Ovulation" so that makes me think he doesn't fully understand it. We planned a long time ago to start trying the day we got married but i figured maybe he would try now since it was planned for July anyways & i am going to O early. I have some ewcm tonight.

Thanks ladies! I hope that just doing it once a day will do it for me. Do you have to do them up until ovulation or could I start doing them once I get some cm?

Biblio brings up a good thought, could your SO maybe be wanting to be married and official first? DH told me once we were married that he had felt a feeling of guilt starting to ttc before the wedding, he couldn't express why because he knows he wants to have children and now that we're married we're trying like crazy but up until the official "I do" he was concerned. :shrug:

To be honest i just kinda guessed when to use them due to pain & i guess it was lucky guesses. lol It could be. Just makes me sad :cry: 12 days isn't long it just sucks that i'm gonna O soon.

My opk's are positive on a morning but are darker in afternoon. a couple of cycles I had positives for a week so had no idea what was going on so last and this cycle I got my cbfm out again, much easier.

I don't understand my monitor much yet but i do love it. much easier than opks :)

I guess it depends on when you get cm... I really don't get a whole lot until it's after ovulation, honestly, so that would NOT work for me. Lol. I'd do it from day 10 or so until you get a positive, at least until you get an idea of when you O. It's possible that you might miss the surge if the cm isn't giving you enough warning.

Found another stash of OPKs today... Lol. Apparently they got stuck in about 4 different places when we moved a few months ago.

Hi, im new here and TTC this month and every month until #2 is on his way. I'm a SAHM with my daughter and also ex-military as my husband is still in, and I'm at DPO 1 today good luck ladies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->