July 2017 Rainbows (13 Rainbows-4 pink -1 blue- 2 yellow- 2 angels)

SIL congrats! I still have 3.5 weeks for my scan and to find out gender.

At my appt today I should get the date for my anatomy ultrasound. Can't wait to find out when I can see her again :cloud9: definitely feeling her move more.

We have changed our little girls middle name. We were going to name her after my grandma, who was Ruth. After talking about it we are giving her Bren for a middle name after her brother who passed away named Brennon. I'm so in love with naming her after her brother. We already announced it to our family and friends as Ruth, whoops! :haha: oh well. That's why I never want to announce names so early, but I guess they will get over it.

What a beautiful tribute Blessed, it's perfect. Who cares if you already announced a different middle name, it only is official once it's on the certificate :winkwink:

A friend of mine named her baby, then two weeks later they changed her name because they absolutely hated the name they picked! The new name suits baby so much better than the first.

Thank you dragonfly! DH pretty much said he doesn't care what anyone thinks and I agree haha. The only experience I know of someone changing after they announced it was a friend. They changed the name completely when they saw their daughter and I guess everyone was surprised but she said she just looked like this other name than the one they originally picked.

Blessed, I love the new name! I think it is very sweet :)

Hey ladies! I'm sorry I've been MIA. Just busy few weeks. I've updated the front page congrats bc and baseball mom!

So first Monday check in in several weeks! Wow. Sorry ladies.

How far along are you? Size of baby?
Will be 17 weeks tomorrow. Baby is the size of a pomegranate.

Appointments this week?
No. I had an appointment a couple of weeks ago for an early glucose test (my dad is diabetic which puts me at higher risk :wacko:). I never got a call back so I assume it was fine. Next appointment the 28th. Then anatomy scan March 10.

Symptoms? Any changes?
Round ligament pain. Sleeping horribly. My bladder can barely hold anything.

Have you done an official announcement?
No. Majority of our families don't even know. My MIL and parents know. One of my sisters and DHs younger siblings know. And that's it.

Where are you planning to birth (home, hospital, or center?)

Hospital birth for me. Hoping to get my shot at a VBAC with midwives.

Confuzion!! So happy to see you :) we were worried having not heard from you in awhile. So glad that everything is okay.

20+3, size of a small banana

Appointments this week?
None this week. Last week I had my anatomy scan and all was well except they couldn't see a view of her heart. I go back again March 8th for another ultrasound to check her heart out.

Symptoms? Any changes?
Growing bigger, peeing all the time, still exhausted.

We told my family at Thanksgiving. We just formally announced after our 20 week anatomy scan to everyone else.

Hoping for a hospital birth. DS1 I had an epidural and DS2 I had all natural. I'm not sure which way I preferred. They both had positives and negatives.

Confuzion it's great to hear from you! Glad that everything's okay and that you've been busy :)

18+1, size of a sweet potato

Appointments this week?
Wednesday I'm doing a check in with my midwife because I've been having a lot of pain. They don't feel like round ligament pain as it's constant. Next Tuesday we have our anatomy scan though :)

Symptoms? Any changes?
Sleep is a little better. I had a few days of intense nausea and emotions but it's mellowing at the moment.

Not yet, close family and friends know. We'll probably do an official announcement after our 20 week scan.

Hospital birth - with my pre-eclampsia history I don't want to do it anywhere else. I'll probably vote for the epidural again too, although I plan to let it wear off sooner during pushing than I did with DD.

Confuzion - glad to see you back!!

17w6d, size of a pomegranate

Appointments this week?
None this week

Symptoms? Any changes?
Acid reflux is out of control. Just talked to the nurse today on changing what I'm using and trying a different regiment..

No And we aren't going to.

Hospital

19 weeks today!!! Baby is the size of a crepe suzette. Every day, every week I'm just in disbelief that baby is still healthy and growing in there 😂

Appointments this week?
Nope, but I'm anatomy scan twins with dragonfly! Can't wait until next Tuesday. I'm itching so bad to see our Charlie again <3

Symptoms? Any changes?
I finally feel normal again!!! I had the most amazing lunch this weekend, and I haven't thrown up in over a week. I still feel a little off in the evenings, but barely really. Last Thursday was my first night in three months that I felt hungry without being sick &#128514;. Really hoping that chapter of this pregnancy is over! Not off the meds yet, but if I'm still good by next week. I will try to wean off. Oh also vivid dreaming was strong this past week. I had this one dream about zombie bear/orangutan hybrids. So strange!

Yes, we did a Facebook announcement. I think I shared it on here. I wanted to keep it simple, and absent of any cute baby things, ultrasounds, or bump photos. I figured that would be easiest on anyone who is currently struggling or going through a loss. A part of me wanted to wait until after the anatomy scan, but I'm seeing my whole extended family on my mom's side this weekend before then and wanted to avoid the strange looks, comments, and eventual in person announcement there. I don't want to overshadow grams' 90th bday, and I hate being the center of attention. My SIL is announcing there in person, so this way everyone knows about me and the surprise/attention will be on her! :haha: Also I could barely contain myself after our awesome screening results came back. This is my first, and after two failed pregnancies, I'm just bursting with joy that this baby seems so healthy &#128525;

No question here for me - hospital with an epidural.

SIL - I would love to hear your pros and cons on epidural vs natural. For me it seems like the risks/side effects of the epidural are so minimal, there's no reason to say no to it. My friends all recommend it. My bff even had an allergic reaction at the puncture point and she still says she'd do it again.

SIL - I would love to hear your pros and cons on epidural vs natural. For me it seems like the risks/side effects of the epidural are so minimal, there's no reason to say no to it. My friends all recommend it. My bff even had an allergic reaction at the puncture point and she still says she'd do it again.

With DS1, I had very intense back labor. I made it to 6 cm and then it felt unbearable. There was instant relief when I got it. I was able to relax and get some rest until I was fully dilated. I did not have any complications from it. However, the downside was my epidural ended up being so strong that I could not feel my contractions at all when it came time to push. The nurse had to tell me when I was having a contraction and when to push/stop. I was having such a hard time that they ended up giving me an episiotomy. I also did not like that you HAVE to labor on your back with one. I wanted to get up and walk around or change positions, but you aren't allowed. You also can't eat, and I had a long labor and was getting very hungry.

With DS2, I went into labor very quickly. I had actually planned to get an epidural again, but by the time I was in my room at the hospital and they checked me, I was at 9 cm and it was way too late. The pain was very very strong, but the nurses coached me through it. Pushing was actually the easy part. For some reason the pain almost disappeared and I could just focus on pushing. It was so nice to be able to feel what was going on, and this time I pushed out the baby in 3 minutes (first baby took over 2 hours of pushing since I couldn't feel). I did not need an episiotomy, and I was able to get up as needed/right away which was really nice. However, the pain in the last half hour or so before pushing was really really intense and terrifying.

There were definite pros and cons to both, and it's really hard to say what I'll do this time. To be honest, I don't think I'm going to make a plan one way or another and I'll see how I feel when I get there. That way there is no pressure either way :)

Great to hear from you confuzion!

17+3, about the size of a cream scone. Yummy!

Appointments this week?
Nothing now until March

Symptoms? Any changes?
I've come down with a viral sinus infection at the moment so I'm not sure what is due to that and what is pregnancy related. One thing that is definitely pregnancy related is my complete inability to get a good nights sleep. It sucks!

No, we've (I say 'we', I mean DD!!) just been telling people in person as we see them so all family knows, work know, and most of my friends know.

Home providing I'm signed off for it. If not I'd like it to be in the midwife unit again. I really want to stay out of delivery suite and I really don't want an epidural!

With DS1, I had very intense back labor. I made it to 6 cm and then it felt unbearable. There was instant relief when I got it. I was able to relax and get some rest until I was fully dilated. I did not have any complications from it. However, the downside was my epidural ended up being so strong that I could not feel my contractions at all when it came time to push. The nurse had to tell me when I was having a contraction and when to push/stop. I was having such a hard time that they ended up giving me an episiotomy. I also did not like that you HAVE to labor on your back with one. I wanted to get up and walk around or change positions, but you aren't allowed. You also can't eat, and I had a long labor and was getting very hungry.

With DS2, I went into labor very quickly. I had actually planned to get an epidural again, but by the time I was in my room at the hospital and they checked me, I was at 9 cm and it was way too late. The pain was very very strong, but the nurses coached me through it. Pushing was actually the easy part. For some reason the pain almost disappeared and I could just focus on pushing. It was so nice to be able to feel what was going on, and this time I pushed out the baby in 3 minutes (first baby took over 2 hours of pushing since I couldn't feel). I did not need an episiotomy, and I was able to get up as needed/right away which was really nice. However, the pain in the last half hour or so before pushing was really really intense and terrifying.

There were definite pros and cons to both, and it's really hard to say what I'll do this time. To be honest, I don't think I'm going to make a plan one way or another and I'll see how I feel when I get there. That way there is no pressure either way :)

I'm not sure about other parts of the world but I know around here they've started doing partial epidurals, so it works as pain relief but you can still move around with it and you don't have to labour on your back. My midwife tried talking me into one before I had DD but as it turned out I barely made it to the hospital in time, let alone in time for any pain relief.

15w4d the size of a navel orange

Appointments this week?
None this week. I go for my monthly check on the 27th and my anatomy scan on the 15th.

Symptoms? Any changes?

I hate to even say this for fear of jinxing myself but I feel good! I have a little more energy. I was able to actually clean my house this weekend. And no nausea to speak of.

Yes, we did an announcement on Facebook at 11w4d after our 12 week scan came back good. We also did the gender reveal with balloons and put that on Facebook too.

Hospital birth for me. With my DD, I had the epidural because of having to be induced to get things moving. With my DS, things moved so fast that I went from 5cm to 10cm in 15 minutes and the doctor was waiting outside the room to give me the epidural but it was time to push. Those 15 minutes were the worst pain ever and I actually thought I was going to have a breakdown it hurt so bad. I'm hoping for a happy medium between the 2 this time. I guess we will just see if I feel the need for an epidural or not.

Les I'm excited that we're ultrasound twins!! Can't wait until Tuesday :) Only 4 more sleeps!!

The thing I hated about the epidural was it was hard to know when to push, going off of what a nurse is telling me to do and not knowing what my body wanted. They give you a button to push for more drugs, so I let it start wearing off enough to where I could feel the contraction - it was still dulled and not painful but being able to feel it helped me finish pushing to get DD out. We were a moment away from being sent for a csection!

Had my 20 week scan and a fetal echo (due to gd) on Thursday. Got good news. Everything is looking great and we're having a little girl!

Well my 10 day streak broke with vomiting Wednesday night. Been good since then. Crossing my fingers for 20 days this time.

Congrats Can! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->