July & August 2021 Due Date Babies!

@CharlieKeys
So glad they managed to sort it out.
So glad she has gained weight.
I'm sure u will be both aloud home soon.

I totally forgot to come to here and update!!

@CharlieKeys congratulations glad her weight is increasing!

so we welcomed our baby girl 23:20 on 15/8/21 at 37+3 weighing 8lbs!!!

I was booked for induction on 15tg anyway after being in 3 times with reduced movements and contractions every 10 mins for weeks. Had lost my show the Wednesday before and my mucus plug. The Saturday night I said to oh my back was nigglt as but I presumed it was excitement and contractions as oer.
Sunday morning we head in for our time. They put me on the monitor and very quickly picked up the pains every 10 as always has. It also picked up my baby’s heart rate being tachycardia. Then a huge pain came and she dipped and took a good minute or so to recover. they were so busy with a waiting list of a few days. They said to me that I couldn’t go home with the balloon I’d be admitted due to the big dip but if I was too far gone for balloon they would be sending me home and call me in when it’s my turn to have my waters broken. Of course I got a bit upset as it was medical why I was being induced (precious precious term baby, the above issues and blood incompability abo it’s called which means 38 weeks was the maximum safely baby could be in the womb).

Anyway the doctor then took a look and I as already 2cm so midwife at triage did a sweep and they took me to labour ward. They said I was going to the bay to be observed however I got to the ward and was put into a room and told I was there anyway. Got my anti biotics for group b strep. Another big pain around 5ish and big dip in heart rate. They then put the heart rate monitor for the head on and this ruptured my waters but they were bulging anyway. I was 3cm then so it seems every time a huge pain was coming I was dilating another cm.

Had gas and air from 4-8 where I then asked for an epidural. Got that in at 8 I asked for it at 7 but they were in theatre. The epidural only worked for my left side so I was still on gas and air for the right. at 10:30 they felt I was contracting every 1-2 mins but I hadn’t moved from 3/4cm. I told the midwife the last birth when I had my epidural my son was born very quickly like within 2 hours after. He just went from 2-10cm like dropped.

Anyway they decided they would put me on the picton drip. Midwife left to get that and then heart rate dipped down to 68. She came back a doctor came in they were like right baby will not cope with the drip let’s get prepped for section. doctor then went il just check you quickly and went okay no section you’re good to push. 10 mins of pushing and our baby girl was here. Second degree tear (previous episiotomy scar) but other than that a good birth. She was born with her cord very tightly around her neck hence the Brady’s. She likely wouldn’t have survived much longer In The womb as they feel it explains the reduced movement over the last week or so beforehand.

So overall active labour to birth 5 hours 40 mins. Only intervention was the heart rate to the head which causes waters to go. They were so surprised saying that it’s very rare someone goes for induction and already labouring.

we got home Saturday as she needed treatment and care for the abo including severe jaundice but seems to be coming out of it a lot quicker than her brother interesting she was in the womb a bit longer so clearly did her some good!

Congratulations @Bittersweet :) sounds like it was the right thing to have have that induction when you did!

Lily had her tongue tie released yesterday and already seeing an improvement in feeding. She only put on 5g in 2 days (yesterday) so hopefully now she starts putting weight on and my nipples are no longer in agony and she is getting a good amount of milk. We did have a bit of a scare where it bled, then after a while bled again and then again …. But I think the last two times I had put her up over my shoulder and knocked her chin. So the midwife and paed consultant was happy for us to go home from the clinic. Had no bleeding since so was definitely my fault.

Congratulations @Bittersweet :) sounds like it was the right thing to have have that induction when you did!

Lily had her tongue tie released yesterday and already seeing an improvement in feeding. She only put on 5g in 2 days (yesterday) so hopefully now she starts putting weight on and my nipples are no longer in agony and she is getting a good amount of milk. We did have a bit of a scare where it bled, then after a while bled again and then again …. But I think the last two times I had put her up over my shoulder and knocked her chin. So the midwife and paed consultant was happy for us to go home from the clinic. Had no bleeding since so was definitely my fault.
Yeah it was except ended up not being an induction as went myself with the exception on the heart rate monitor piercing my waters :).
Glad you’re seeing improvement in feeding

Sorry I knew you went yourself - tiredness kicked in there! She also knew she had to come out and she definitely didn’t want that section lol!

Sorry I knew you went yourself - tiredness kicked in there! She also knew she had to come out and she definitely didn’t want that section lol!
Haha no worries! Yeah thankful she just knew to come to save herself with the cord etc and hears x section and was like noooo

So only a few days of August left now and definitely think DH was wrong in thinking Baby wud be here end of August.
No signs of labour.

I do have my induction date now tho.
I'm being induced in 8 days time on Saturday 4th September.
Very excited but also nervous.
We're going off to the beach for the day tomorrow and it's about 2 hours away from home. Sometimes slightly more depending on traffic.
Hopefully nothing happens.
Never gone into spontaneous labour on my own b4 39 weeks b4 so hopefully will be ok.

Has everyone had there babies in this group now or is there still anyone left?

So only a few days of August left now and definitely think DH was wrong in thinking Baby wud be here end of August.
No signs of labour.

I do have my induction date now tho.
I'm being induced in 8 days time on Saturday 4th September.
Very excited but also nervous.
We're going off to the beach for the day tomorrow and it's about 2 hours away from home. Sometimes slightly more depending on traffic.
Hopefully nothing happens.
Never gone into spontaneous labour on my own b4 39 weeks b4 so hopefully will be ok.

Has everyone had there babies in this group now or is there still anyone left?
Only 2 days from now, so excited for you <3.

Will read & reply more later ladies <3.

Only 2 days from now, so excited for you <3.

Will read & reply more later ladies <3.

Thank you hon. It's tomorrow I go in so just need to get today out the way.
Have to be up at 8am because that's the earliest they can call to go in. It just all depends on how busy they are. I cud be left waiting all day or possibly the next day if its too busy but praying they won't be too busy and I get a nice early morning call to go in.
Getting nervous now but also excited.
We had a growth scan on Wed and he's so say 7lb 1oz but I think he will be alot bigger my bump looks huge.

How are u doing hon

Hi ladies
Forget to update here.
I know I wasn't due in July or Aug but joined because new I wud be having baby end of Aug early September.
Well anyway my induction was delayed a day and night because the hospital was and still is so busy.
And induction didn't quite go as planned and the pain was terrible. I need to do my birth story but still a bit traumatised by it.

Baby Harley-Oliver was born on Sunday night 5/9/2021 at 10:18pm weighing 7lb 3oz.
He is now 4 days old and weighs 6lb 6oz.
We are still in hospital and it's absolutely rammed up here. So many ladies having babies.
It's crazy.
Hoping we can go home tomorrow Friday. Harley has to have 5 days of observation because of my immunesuppresent medication and tomorrow will be day 5 so hopefully home.
All his observations have been great so far but there a bit worried he's lost s bit to much weight.
I'm not breast feeding because I'm not able to because of my meds.
They said he just may not be a very hungry baby and I'm hoping that's all it is. Just got to hope and pray he doesn't lose anymore.
He's so teeny tiny.
Scared I'm gonna break him.
My milk has come in and my boobs are so sore but hopefully they will dry out quickly. It makes me sad I can't breast feed.
Hope ure all OK and babies are doing well. 20210906_075440.jpg

So they will weigh him again tonight and providing he hasn't lost any more weight then we both get to go home tomorrow.

Here he is today.
20210909_081836.jpg

4 days old. 6lbs 6oz.
Can't stop looking at him. Feeling so blessed <3

Congratulations everyone who have had their babies!! This thread was never really an active one but I'll use it to look back on in the future for sure.

The last time I posted here Max was 3 weeks old, he's now 13 weeks :shock: And the crazy thing is, no matter how much I tell myself I can start getting my life back now, I keep thinking about another future pregnancy (it doesn't help one of my friends is in labour right at this very moment!). Except if it ever happened I'd prefer to wait at least 5-6 years so Max will be in school full-time.
And here's a complimentary photo of my little bug!

20210914_123654.jpg

Hi ladies
Well a hetic few months moved home an hour away on the 20th of june unplanned move it was awful to be honest.. I was 37 weeks..
After a bleed and a stay in hospital i was being watched more carefully and we figured out little one had also stopped growing so I was taken in for induction at 5pm on the 26th of June.. It was very fast and traumatic broke my waters and she decided to come there and then heart rate dropped and I had 3 pushes to get her out.. Born at 4:08am at 5lb 9..
Baby isla she is now just 3 month old and 11lb 7...i hope you are all well

IMG_20210628_072147.jpg IMG_20210924_185141.jpg

Ahhh so cute love seeing them get a bit older.
My little guy is a month old now and 8lbs.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

@Emsabub
Hehe so exciting u may try again for another baby.

We are also going to try for one more. I'm 42 in Dec so time not on my side but thinking of trying sometime next year. Probably the end of the year tho when I turn 43. Hopefully it won't be to late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"