July Jewels... 2018 buddies

Buffy I totally plan to maintain my gym routine (with a few adjustments I'm sure) and try to eat healthy. I usually keep a food diary which I've stopped in pregnancy as I know I'll be hungrier/eating more and I don't want to restrict too much, but I'm still trying to eat as I usually do, which is fairly well, and letting myself have some slack if I want a treat occasionally. I usually workout 5-6 days a week and I'll probably dial that back to 4-5 at most. That is, as long as I'm feeling good. My last pregnancy I felt so miserable from 5.5 weeks onwards that the idea of the gym was so far from my mind! I could barely drag my butt into work let alone to the gym. I hope to keep it up this time, but I find myself really anxious about doing anything wrong (which I know is crazy...I'm already active, nothing I do can cause anything to go wrong), but of course you worry.

Thanks Buffy. I definitely floss and brush every day but I would be due for a checkup about now so probably part of the issue. Thanks for your advice. I’ll get booked in :)

As for the Fitness...I currently go 5-6times a week but my energy levels have gone way down. Need to force myself to go to ensure I keep my fitness levels up. I have just started the 3rd week of an 8 week challenge and was doing really well, which is kind of a shame that I’ll need to ease up on that for the moment. I am overweight so thought this may help with TTC and it worked a treat.
What fitness routine do you have? I go to F45.
I hope your MS settles down for you too!!

Doctors appt tomorrow for me. Not overly sure what to expect as this is number one. So thankful that my neighbour is pregnant too. She is 10 days in front of me. Totally random but awesome at the same time :)

I used to be a gym rat and fell off completely. Replaced that habit with tacos, bbq, and pizza (dammit Texas!). My plan was to jump back into it this month, but now I have to ease my way back in. I have developed muscle soreness, so now I feel like I've just had a workout, without any of the benefit.:dohh:

I go to a regular gym. I go 7 days a week. I still plan to go 7 days, but if I feel really off, I won't force myself..or I'll do something like a walk so that I have at least done SOMETHING.

My rough plan has been cardio one day, and weights the next. Definitely changing things up a little..lighter weights, more reps most likely. As for cardio, I will just watch my heart rate, making sure it doesn't get too high.

My last 2 pregnancies, I really just used it as an excuse to eat horribly and be lazy! I really want to do it differently this time around.

Starryeyed - no problem! Hopefully that will sort out your bleeding gums for the rest of your pregnancy :)

Good for you! I want to find the balance of listening to my body and resting when I need to and still being active and maintaining my lifestyle. I’m growing a human, after all!

Begrudgingly went to the gym this arvo. The exhaustion is never ending at this stage and I feel like a sook! It was a weights class but eased right up on the heavy weights. Do I need to be careful of my heart rate getting too high? Sorry for the random question, I thought I read if it gets too high or you get too hot it can become a risk to the baby.

With my first pregnancy, I was pretty active right before I got pregnant and then was just too scared/lazy once I found out. I probably only worked out 3 times the entire pregnancy. And I never had ms, but I didn't have any appetite the entire first half, so I basically survived on Cheez-its and cereal (oh, and pop tarts).
This time around, I have been going to a gym 3 days a week, running and doing some weights. And eating way healthier. I actually just in the last month got back to my pre-pregnancy weight :)
My goal is to keep up my gym routine, but I will probably cut the running back to a brisk walk. And I want to eat better this whole pregnancy!

Quick Question: How soon can morning sickness happen? I am at my 6 week mark tomorrow, and I woke up today, had breakfast as usual, the same as I have everyday pretty much. Then an hour or so, ran to the toilet! ugh! Not fun.
Does this mean Onc ethos happen you are definite definite pregnant? Or I am still in the loop because my betas? I am getting a repeat one again today.

Hello all,
I forgot to post about my Monday occurrence. I went in for repeat labs and an ultrasound, because I was having right sided pain. My beta was up to 1974. And the ultrasound showed one sac measuring 5w1d with the start of a yolk sac. There also, was a bleed present. The pain was coming from a corpus luteal cyst on my ovary which is what supplies the pregnancy essentially very early on.
I have sore breasts, but just barely. My real symptom is the fatigue, yet middle of the night insomnia!!!!! Ahhhh

I keep feeling really nauseous but mainly in the evening just like all the other times! And i pretty much start closing my eyes as soon as i sit down lol. Once OH is home from his rig next week im going back to swimming even if I do feel shattered. It really helps my anxiety which is so crucial for me where i came off my meds a while ago! X

With my last pregnancy I had ms from about 6w onwards, so it can happen early on! I feel some nausea in the mornings until I eat and then I feel fine, and some on/off dizziness spells where I just feel kind of out of it.

But the fatigue...oh man I'm so tired. I've had an evening nap the last two nights and still gotten a full night's rest.

My second beta was 424, up from 137. My progesterone dropped a little, but they are not concerned since it can fluctuate. I had an annual exam already scheduled for 11/10, but they moved it back to 11/14.

Thanks TexMel - I’ll just reign it in slightly. Not that I could over exert myself right now :sleep::sleep:
My plan is to keep my routine too...but we’ll see how it goes in a few weeks :blush:

SKP - not overly sure but it sounds positive. Good luck with getting your Betas back x

Alli - jealous, I wish I could nap! By the time I get home and sort dinner it’s time for bed anyway. We’re in bed quite early because we get up at 4am each day.

Tori - that’s awesome news!

AFM - ive not had much MS just woke up one this week feeling like I should rush to the bathroom but that was it. And fingers crossed it stays that way! I’ve got my dr appt this arvo. Not too sure what to expect but hopefully all goes well and I can organise a dating scan

Starry - I am lucky, we don't have little ones at home and yesterday was an easy dinner night (DH went to workout and I threw in a frozen veggie lasagna and made a quick salad). I actually fell asleep after dinner (I was sleepy before but dinner was in the oven and I didn't want to burn it), about 7:45-8pm. Pregnancy takes a lot out of you! I got home around 5 (that's my usual home time) and we are usually in bed around 9:30-10. Tonight we are going to a spin class...hope I have the energy!

I am getting an early scan on the 7th :) Really hoping to see something.

My MS with my other two pregnancies kicked in around 6w, but I have been nauseous since my BFP this time.

I find getting to the gym in the morning is easier. By early afternoon, I am too tired, so I have been making it a priority to go first thing.

As for heart rate, it used to be "don't go above 140" but now I think it is that you should still be able to talk during your workout, and not exercise to exhaustion.

This morning was leg day for me. Now off to work! I don't actually work very often. I just do temp work every now & then. I really cannot be bothered!

SKP - good luck with your scan. You will still be very early, so don't be disheartened if you don't see what you want to see at that point. I always wait until I'm 7w+ to make sure.

Yeah, I’ll be happy to at lest see a sac. They told me it should be visible. It will give me reassurance that this is not a cruel joke again and be a chemical. My last chemical my number was 56 starting off, and it did double every time. Right up until 6 weeks, didn’t make it over 1000, and nothing was in the ultrasound.

Yeah, I’ll be happy to at lest see a sac. They told me it should be visible. It will give me reassurance that this is not a cruel joke again and be a chemical. My last chemical my number was 56 starting off, and it did double every time. Right up until 6 weeks, didn’t make it over 1000, and nothing was in the ultrasound.

That sucks! I'm sorry. I too have had that happen. Did you have pregnancy symptoms or anything with your chemical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->