July Jewels 2019! ^^

Yes both kids are excited to find out, my son wants a boy and my daughter wants a girl lol.

Your announcement sounds so fun! I hope you'll share pictures. I've just recently learned to play D&D for work (I do programming for teens) and it's quite enjoyable.

We also did a game-themed announcement for our families only ours was Super Mario Smash Bros., which is our five-year-old's favorite game.

And congratulations on your upcoming elopement! Have you started planning yet?

I'll post a pic when it's all together! I made a special character sheet for the baby and we'll be using three sets of dice (the baby's dice are smaller than ours). I'm pretty excited about it.

What did you do with yours with the Smash Bros? I play that game as well. Good choice!

And thank you! We're just doing a courthouse wedding. We don't want to put much money into a wedding since we're saving for a house and for the baby. I'm still excited about it. :)

Yes both kids are excited to find out, my son wants a boy and my daughter wants a girl lol.

Well you can’t please everyone haha! My daughter isn’t even entertaining the idea of it being a boy lol. She’s telling everyone her sister is on her way. I’ve tried explaining it might be a boy but she just says nooooo, it’s a girl! my son is too young to even know anything is happening x

Well you can’t please everyone haha! My daughter isn’t even entertaining the idea of it being a boy lol. She’s telling everyone her sister is on her way. I’ve tried explaining it might be a boy but she just says nooooo, it’s a girl! my son is too young to even know anything is happening x

My MIL is in the same head space as your daughter :laugh2: Maybe not quite as vocal, but she definitely keeps referring to the baby as "she" or "baby girl" as if she believes she can will it into the universe. Her side of the family super favors girls over boys and she's always said that if we have two boys first we have to try for a third to get a girl (I guess it DID work for her...) because "every woman should have a daughter."

However, she also knows that we did IVF for this baby and that we are 100% done after this child is born, regardless of sex (we've never had a preference to begin with). So I think she's just decided that she's having a granddaughter until any evidence arrives to contradict her.

I'll post a pic when it's all together! I made a special character sheet for the baby and we'll be using three sets of dice (the baby's dice are smaller than ours). I'm pretty excited about it.

What did you do with yours with the Smash Bros? I play that game as well. Good choice!

And thank you! We're just doing a courthouse wedding. We don't want to put much money into a wedding since we're saving for a house and for the baby. I'm still excited about it. :)

I don't have a picture handy but I essentially made a custom "choose your character" screen.

Player One had these two options: Only Child (Toon Link) or Big Brother (Link), and Player Two had these two options: Little Brother (Megaman) or Little Sister (Peach). In the Player boxes at the bottom, Big Brother was selected for Player One, and Player Two still had the question mark.

It was a card and the inside read, "A new game begins July 2019" along with a photo of the 12 week ultrasound.

We tried to keep it simple and clear but both our moms needed to see the inside of the card before they understood what the front meant. My BIL and SIL, however, both understood as soon as they saw Player 2 on the front.

Small and simple weddings are the best! Our official wedding was tiny with just our immediate families in attendance at our officiant's house. My BIL and SIL were our witnesses, and afterwards my husband and I went out for a pancake breakfast before getting on a plane for our vacation. We did have a bigger celebration later on that month but didn't enjoy it any more than our official wedding.

My favorite wedding was my best friend's. She got married in the same officiant's house that I did, only immediate family present, my husband and I were the witnesses, and after we all went out for dinner at a gorgeous restaurant on the beach. It was so relaxed and fun and it's always been one of my favorite memories.

I hope you enjoy your small wedding just as much as I enjoyed mine and my friend's. The day is all about you and your partner committing to building a life together and absolutely none of the usual wedding stuff is necessary. O:)

My MIL is in the same head space as your daughter :laugh2: Maybe not quite as vocal, but she definitely keeps referring to the baby as "she" or "baby girl" as if she believes she can will it into the universe. Her side of the family super favors girls over boys and she's always said that if we have two boys first we have to try for a third to get a girl (I guess it DID work for her...) because "every woman should have a daughter."

However, she also knows that we did IVF for this baby and that we are 100% done after this child is born, regardless of sex (we've never had a preference to begin with). So I think she's just decided that she's having a granddaughter until any evidence arrives to contradict her.

Yeh I think that’s what my daughter is joking haha! If she says it’s a girl enough then she will make it happen. She told me she loves her brother very much but she doesn’t need another one lol. I would love to have a girl for her because my family is full of boys and so far she is the only girl. She tries to get her cousins to play with her dolls and barbies with her but they have no interest. Of course what will be will be and we will love it regardless but it would definitely be nice to finally give her a little girl to play with!

So is it a boy you have at the minute? X

Yeh I think that’s what my daughter is joking haha! If she says it’s a girl enough then she will make it happen. She told me she loves her brother very much but she doesn’t need another one lol. I would love to have a girl for her because my family is full of boys and so far she is the only girl. She tries to get her cousins to play with her dolls and barbies with her but they have no interest. Of course what will be will be and we will love it regardless but it would definitely be nice to finally give her a little girl to play with!

So is it a boy you have at the minute? X

Ok, the bit I bolded is soooooooo cute! That's exactly how my son's best friend felt when he learned that his new baby sib was another boy. He was like, "Well, I like E but do we really need another one of him?!" When his mom told me about L's reaction, she also said that she pretty much had the exact same thought (internally, of course) :laugh2:

Yeah, our first is a boy. He's the only grandchild for both our families at the moment so he's very doted on but I definitely have moments of concern for him if this baby turns out to be a girl (or if my BIL or SIL have girls down the road). Thankfully, the rest of our family members are a little more chill on the whole sex preference thing so he shouldn't be completely forgotten.

Thanks for the welcome all!

Chesire Ducky: We haven't told my daughter yet. She just turned 2 in Dec so not sure she will even understand. We will probably tell her closer to April/May - maybe lol.

We are still so hesitant with this pregnancy. Don't want to jump the gun only to be disappointed. Slowly feeling better tho. Had an appointment today - scan looked good - we saw arms and legs kicking around! Hb 169. So everything looks great. I'm feeling ok. Still basically "hungover" all the time - but with my first pregnancy that disappeared at 11-12 wks, so hopeful I will start feeling a little more normal soon! :)

Love seeing everyones scans and hearing how everyone is doing!

alliec: That announcement sounds adorable! Thank you for the well wishes on our little wedding. I'm pretty excited even if it's just going to be a little thing. I have a BB-8 dress from Star Wars that I'm going to wear.

kiki: Understandable. Glad you got to see the baby moving and heard the heartbeat!

AFM - We had an appointment today, first one with the ob (before we were seeing the NP). She walked in with a doppler but surprised us by doing an ultrasound! As soon as we got the baby up on the screen they flipped over and showed us their butt. :cloud9: We all laughed while she brought up the heartbeat. Things look good and on track!

Because of that, and hitting the second trimester, we went ahead and announced on social media today. We also bought the bassinet over the weekend for a good price. One of my neighbors was selling theirs since their kid is now a year and a half and no longer need it. We went with the Halo and I'm happy with the purchase. I also started the baby registry!

Hope everyone is doing well! Being a first-time mom I'm really thankful for boards like this where we can chat and share experiences. Thankful for you ladies. :hugs2:

Cheshire- I love the sound of your dress! Glad your OB appointment went so well and your got to see your little one again. How exciting! What did your announcement end up looking like? Can you post a pic?

AFM- Things feel like they are going fast and also slow. But, I’ve started to notice Bubs moving around in there at times, which is so cool! Yesterday there was a bulge down by my pelvis where I was sure Bubs was hanging out. S/he likes to hang out down low for some reason (but that’s where I find Bubs on the Doppler all the time). DH put his ear on top of the bulge, he said to see if he could hear Bubs moving around. Whatever he was doing, it just looked so sweet. Anyway, Bubs was like nope, and it felt like a little ball rolling across my pelvis until I got a little kick and then Bubs moved up into my belly area. It was amazing. I felt a couple of little kicks later that night too, but only when I was sitting in a certain position, nothing consistent. But it’s just so cool. I can’t wait until it is more consistent.

Anyone else feeling baby?

We decided to do our early gender ultrasound this afternoon. The ultrasound place does them starting at 13 wks and I am 13 wks today so I decided to give it a shot. The tech was able to find the gender right away and showed us from several angles, plus the potty shot. We are having...........a baby girl♡♡ We are so excited!!!!
20190116_195507.jpg 2

Kiki, welcome, and hope you are starting to get some of your energy back. 12-13 weeks was when the fog lifted somewhat for me, although I still have days where I want to go back to bed by noon.

Ducky, cute dress plan! Definitely post a pic or two if you are comfy with sharing. And how awesome that you guys got a surprise ultrasound! Sounds like there's a little jokester on board :fool:

DBZ, that's lot of movement! I'm just over 16 weeks but I've not felt anything that I can 100% say is baby movement, which was my experience with my first pregnancy too. Even later on, my son would do, like, one slow roll a couple times a day and that was it. Ended up being an indicator of his personality as he is pretty much a sloth in clothes.

Crazy, congratulations on your girl! Are you the first in this group to find out? I can't recall anyone else announcing the sex yet.

~

In an effort to try and organize/clean our main storage closet, we ended up setting up our cosleeper and unpacking two bins of baby clothes and cloth diapers. Everything needs a good airing out and washing after being in storage, and being able to see what we have is helping us figure out what kinds of changes we need to make to fit everyone comfortably. We set up our son's baby swing as well but took it down immediately as it takes up quite a bit of space. We'll probably look into getting something with a smaller footprint.

I also unpacked my maternity clothes and have been enjoying the comfort of some of the pieces. I'm still nowhere near big enough for a lot of it (anything that's designed to accentuate/accommodate a proper bump) but the drapey tunics have been lovely. I also went out and bought some underbelly joggers which have been so nice to wear.

Kiki, welcome, and hope you are starting to get some of your energy back. 12-13 weeks was when the fog lifted somewhat for me, although I still have days where I want to go back to bed by noon.

Ducky, cute dress plan! Definitely post a pic or two if you are comfy with sharing. And how awesome that you guys got a surprise ultrasound! Sounds like there's a little jokester on board :fool:

DBZ, that's lot of movement! I'm just over 16 weeks but I've not felt anything that I can 100% say is baby movement, which was my experience with my first pregnancy too. Even later on, my son would do, like, one slow roll a couple times a day and that was it. Ended up being an indicator of his personality as he is pretty much a sloth in clothes.

Crazy, congratulations on your girl! Are you the first in this group to find out? I can't recall anyone else announcing the sex yet.

~

In an effort to try and organize/clean our main storage closet, we ended up setting up our cosleeper and unpacking two bins of baby clothes and cloth diapers. Everything needs a good airing out and washing after being in storage, and being able to see what we have is helping us figure out what kinds of changes we need to make to fit everyone comfortably. We set up our son's baby swing as well but took it down immediately as it takes up quite a bit of space. We'll probably look into getting something with a smaller footprint.

I also unpacked my maternity clothes and have been enjoying the comfort of some of the pieces. I'm still nowhere near big enough for a lot of it (anything that's designed to accentuate/accommodate a proper bump) but the drapey tunics have been lovely. I also went out and bought some underbelly joggers which have been so nice to wear.

I think so I dont remember if anyone else has announced a gender yet. I am still a little nervous because the ultrasound was so early. I just hope Indont gwt told something different at my 20 week scan!

allie- Oh man. I hope that all this movement isn't a sign of things to come. I've been hoping for a chill baby. lol. That's nice that you have stuff to pull out for the next baby. And maternity clothes! I never knew what I was missing.

I had to go buy some maternity jeans. I was struggling to wear regular jeans, even with the button extenders because it was so uncomfortable. I told DH that I felt dread trying to put on jeans, so I got a couple of pair of maternity jeans and they have changed my life. SO comfy.

Crazy - That's so cool that you could find out the gender on the U/S so early! I hope it's right! Are you doing a gender reveal?

allie- Oh man. I hope that all this movement isn't a sign of things to come. I've been hoping for a chill baby. lol. That's nice that you have stuff to pull out for the next baby. And maternity clothes! I never knew what I was missing.

I had to go buy some maternity jeans. I was struggling to wear regular jeans, even with the button extenders because it was so uncomfortable. I told DH that I felt dread trying to put on jeans, so I got a couple of pair of maternity jeans and they have changed my life. SO comfy.

Crazy - That's so cool that you could find out the gender on the U/S so early! I hope it's right! Are you doing a gender reveal?

We are not doing a gender party or anything, my kids and my mom came to the ultrasound with us and then I stopped by my sisters house and my brothers house that evening to tell them. I like watching gender reveals, just not a fan of putting one together myself lol

DBZ, isn't it amazing how much more human you feel when you are wearing comfortable clothes? I've been a much more pleasant person since switching over some of my clothes. My stomach popped somewhat around 15 weeks - not enough to be noticeable when I'm dressed but enough that some of my clothing just didn't fit right anymore. The feeling of anything hugging my stomach was driving me up the wall.

Crazy, I feel like that was a pretty clear, full-on view in your ultrasound! But I can definitely understand keeping your fingers crossed until the 20 week ultrasound.

~

We had some friends over on the weekend and one of them discretely asked me if I was pregnant. Because of bloat, I always seem to be showing more in the evenings so I chalked it up to that but it turns out that my son told her sons a couple weeks ago when we were at her house for another friend's baby shower!

We thought it was so hilarious that he told a couple teenage boys while they were playing Hot Wheels and video games, but didn't make a peep to the adults when we were all together playing baby shower games and talking about babies. :roll:

Cheshire- I love the sound of your dress! Glad your OB appointment went so well and your got to see your little one again. How exciting! What did your announcement end up looking like? Can you post a pic?

AFM- Things feel like they are going fast and also slow. But, I’ve started to notice Bubs moving around in there at times, which is so cool! Yesterday there was a bulge down by my pelvis where I was sure Bubs was hanging out. S/he likes to hang out down low for some reason (but that’s where I find Bubs on the Doppler all the time). DH put his ear on top of the bulge, he said to see if he could hear Bubs moving around. Whatever he was doing, it just looked so sweet. Anyway, Bubs was like nope, and it felt like a little ball rolling across my pelvis until I got a little kick and then Bubs moved up into my belly area. It was amazing. I felt a couple of little kicks later that night too, but only when I was sitting in a certain position, nothing consistent. But it’s just so cool. I can’t wait until it is more consistent.

Anyone else feeling baby?

That sounds very sweet! I have an anterior placenta so movements won't be felt for a while for me, but I remember feeling my son this early!

How are you ladies doing?

Nothing much to report right now. I have my next appointment on Friday with my OB, but I am impatiently waiting for my scan on the 13th. I can’t wait to see Bubs again.

My nausea had calmed down some, I am thankful I can finally eat some food! I felt my little one move a couple days ago, I can't wait to feel her move more often. My next midwife appt is next Wednesday, I will be doing an early GD test. I am not looking forward to that, the sugary drink always makes me feel gross. I am hoping they will schedule my 20 week ultrasound at this appt. I am excited to see my little one again.

Hoping everyone is doing well!

Crazy4baby: is there a reason you are having to do the GD test so early?

DBZ: Is the 13th your anatomy scan?

AFM: I finally feel normal! It's so great! Lol. I can drink coffee and eat again, and have energy! With DD I felt good at about 11.5 weeks. This one took til 14.5 weeks. I'm able to find babies HB with the Doppler pretty easy now so that's also reassuring. I lost 7 lbs in the first trimester so now that I feel good - I'm sure that will come right back! Haha. Still no real bump - just the lovely bloat. 16 wk appt is coming up in less than 2 weeks. Will hopefully be uneventful! We still haven't told anyone but daycare and 2 close friends. We've decided we will tell after our 16 wk appt. It's been so fun to just keep this to ourselves! Our families will be SHOCKED! They knew we've been trying - with our losses and all - and but no one would expect that we would be this far along already. Their reactions will be priceless!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"