July Moms to be.....

Went for the M&P Sola in denim. Got it from the Baby Shop on the N'Ards Road

This pregnancy is flying by for me - my first went soooo slow but this time round, I can't believe I'm almost 3rd tri already!

The birth weight for my first wasn't anything like mine or DH's! I was 8lb something and so was DH I think but my DD was only 6lb12oz - although she was the same length as me (and my brother who is now 6ft 5 and I'm only 5ft 5 lol)

We have our name picked out and are 98% certain on it - just gotta see her when she's born and make sure it suits her lol.

How much stuff has everyone bought? We have a lot of stuff we can reuse from the first but literally, all we've bought so far is one 3-piece set which consists of a bib, a long sleeve vest and a baby grow...... Need to get our arses in gear but keep thinking we've got loads of time but it's going too quick!

Oh my goodness ladies! I went to bed hoping I might get a few responses I wake up to so many replies! YAY!!

I'm due July 8th. However I do have a history of large babies and typically am c-sectioned 1-2 weeks early. However I am praying my heart out that my little girl stays small enough (under 10lbs) so I can try for a v-bac!

We have yet to start her nursery. But I hope to in the next two weeks. After having three boys I LOVE shopping for my baby girl :) She already has a nice little wardrobe :)

When are you ladies having your baby shower? Mine is set for May 5th. I will be 31 weeks.

Wow, I'm due on July 8th too! I'm also having my baby shower on May 5th! Small world!

Haha :) Ironic. Do you know what you are having or are you Team Yellow?

Team blue over here!

We've bought loads but its our first so we needed everything! Have had a few bits given to us.

We went for the icandy strawberry for our pram, it should arrive in about 3 weeks, cant wait! I know I will want to play with it!!

The main things we have got lft to get are a bouncy chair/rocker type chair for baby during the day and a papoose/baby carrier to carry baby when we dont want to use the pram. Has anyone got any good recommendations on either?

x

We had a Fisher-Price jungle bouncy chair with a mobile and also a vibration feature - my DD seemed happy in it, she slept in it lots with the vibration turned on and the bounce was quite easy to control too. Only thing is, you need a head rest for it - we used the insert from the car seat as the straps of the chair just went through the holes. We'll probably end up using the same chair again - just gotta double check the condition of it!

I can't recommend any slings/carriers unfortunately - having that trouble myself!

At the moment, I'm feeling soooo unprepared. We literally kept everything of DD1's incase we had another girl but I've not even start looking through it yet and we haven't bought a thing. Time is going so fast, I'm getting quite anxious she'll be here and we won't have anything for her! :dohh:

:wave: ladies!

I'm starting to watch baby care You Tube videos. Baby center.com as some good ones. I had no idea there were so many swaddling methods. Is anyone planning on swaddling?

I still need to buy a bouncer & some toys & books, but everything else is bought & in storage. The next step is to order the furniture & setup & decorate the nursery. I am kicking myself for not getting it done sooner because I feel tired & awkward & unmotivated now.

I hope you are all well.

Is anyone sleeping well?

We haven't bought much, mostly because I'm having 4 baby showers thrown for me (I've already had one), so we're waiting until after those to see what we have left to get. So far we just have clothes, the crib, mattress, dresser, changing table and a swing. The furniture is all still in their boxes in my living room because my OH is procrastinating getting the old furniture moved out of the nursery and getting it painted.

I'm sleeping fairly well, luckily. The biggest problem I seem to have is just falling asleep because that's when LO is most active so it takes me a while to kind of tune out his movements and fall asleep. Once I'm asleep though, I'm out all night (except for my 3am bathroom break of course)

I haven't bought anything! Think it's only just dawning on us that at the end of the pregnancy there should be a baby they will let us take home from the hospital. Serious shopping and tidying next weekend I think!

A moby style wrap (stretchy) is really good for newborns, I can't wait to get mine back out again :thumbup:

Otherwise pop over to the natural parenting section, those ladies know everything about every carrier xx

I'm sleeping sooooo badly - particularly last night. I blame DH. he got into bed and asked if the baby was kicking. I said no - it must be asleep. So he jiggled my tummy to wake it up and it worked!! I got a few big kicks that he felt, and then I'm convinced its sleep patterns were ruined for the rest of the night so it decided mummy shouldn't sleep either...

I'm in court this morning and I really can't be bothered...

The same thing happened to me Conina.. I have had to get up earlier than usual this am because the kicks are so strong now, its impossible to sleep through them

Oooh I really sympathise with you ladies that are struggling to sleep!

I have not really had any problems. Other than I am now getting up in the night again for a wee. But I put this down to being extra thirsty. The last 2 weeks I just can't drink enough!!

I now carry round a 500ml bottle of water everywhere I go!

N xx

Well, today was the EDD for our baby we lost in August of last year due to my horrible ectopic pregnancy. Tonight I will light a candle for our littlest angel who is certainly watching over us as we prepare to welcome our second baby into the world in less than three months.

Breakingdawn..this must be a very difficult day for you. What a lovely way of remembering your little one.

My thoughts are with you and your angel.

N xx

:hugs:
Well, today was the EDD for our baby we lost in August of last year due to my horrible ectopic pregnancy. Tonight I will light a candle for our littlest angel who is certainly watching over us as we prepare to welcome our second baby into the world in less than three months.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs: my thoughts are with you today xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"