July Moms to be.....

No one has mentioned this test to me, i have my midwife appointment tomorrow & she told me she will be taking bloods could this be it?
I am getting my bloods checked weekly but i thought for GD you had to fast before?
xx

There are usually no signs for GD. If there are any symptoms, it's increased hunger, fatigue and increased thirst. All signs of pregnancy.

I took my test last week, and I believe I passed because the office hasn't called me. They told me no news is good news.

Good luck to the ladies that still have to take it! Be sure to bring food with for after they draw your blood...I got really shaky from all the sugar.

Not for the one hour test. You drink a glucose solution and one hour later get your blood drawn. If you fail it (you're not processing the glucose in an adequate fashion) you have to then go in for a 3 hour fasting glucose test. Mine is in 40 minutes. I ate a sausage egg and cheese biscuit with a sweet tea for breakfast (7:30am) and a salad with ranch dressing for lunch (11:00am). I haven't had anything but water since then. I hope I don't fail!!

Not for the one hour test. You drink a glucose solution and one hour later get your blood drawn. If you fail it (you're not processing the glucose in an adequate fashion) you have to then go in for a 3 hour fasting glucose test. Mine is in 40 minutes. I ate a sausage egg and cheese biscuit with a sweet tea for breakfast (7:30am) and a salad with ranch dressing for lunch (11:00am). I haven't had anything but water since then. I hope I don't fail!!

Oh right, thankyou. Is there a certain week it has to be done in? Kind of worried i haven't had it mentioned to me :dohh:

Edit: Forgot to say good luck!

Hey ladies,
I've been given the heads up that this is the thread for me!
I'll be following it from now on!

Due 20th July and I currently feel like I'm in limbo land at the minute. I've had a really stressful pregnancy so far, but things have calmed down recently so I just feel like I'm waiting to get to 30 weeks when hopefully I'll start seeing more docs and midwives again...and find out little one is doing ok!

I'm officially due the 20th too.....though I will be induced 2 weeks early because of the GD

I have GD, too. I just found out on Monday. I have another appointment on Friday to discuss a game-plan.

Will they automatically induce you 2 weeks early if you have GD?

Good luck!

Hey ladies, I had my GTT today, but failed as i was ill before the 2 hours were up :( so got to go back for it again next week! For those of you in UK - I had to fast from 10pm last night and then had blood drawn, drank the drink and then had to wait for 2 hours to have the blood drawn again for the result (but unfortunately i was sick and feint ten mins before the end!) I had to have it due to diabetes in my family(not everyone has it here). Good luck those of you who have to have it xx

Beth, in the US they usually test everyone between 24-28 weeks.

I don't think they test everyone in the UK unless there is a known risk factor.

I didn't have the test last time and I've not had it mentioned this time either so as Indigo77 said, I don't think it's routine for everyone here :thumbup:

ah ok, thanks girls :) ill just ask my midwife tomorrow at my appointment to be on the safe side :) x

Ive not been given the test. In the UK I believe it's only needed if there's a history of GD or diabetes in the family or bmi was over a certain value when first weighed, not sure what that was though.

Was wondering as well if anyone has had a growth scan yet. I had 1 today & babies head measures at the top if the scale, at my 4d scan last Sat it was average. Seems a huge growth spurt in about 10 days?!

I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check my previa. I was told at 19 weeks that I had a complete previa. At 23 weeks it was still complete. Hoping that it has moved some. Excited to see my baby girl!!

Ive not been given the test. In the UK I believe it's only needed if there's a history of GD or diabetes in the family or bmi was over a certain value when first weighed, not sure what that was though.

Was wondering as well if anyone has had a growth scan yet. I had 1 today & babies head measures at the top if the scale, at my 4d scan last Sat it was average. Seems a huge growth spurt in about 10 days?!

That does seem a huge growth for 10 days. Is there any chance they could have got it wrong at your 4d scan?
My first growth scan is May 1st

My dr mentioned GD at the very beginning, as my dad has diabetes, but hasn't mentioned it since. I'll maybe say to him the next time I'm in.

Have any UK ladies been given their MatB form (or whatever it's called) for work yet? My work were looking for it but my dr said I wouldn't get it til the next time I'm in, when I'll be 29 weeks. (Work are fine with this - they're fairly laid back about everything tbh)

Conina

I haven't been given my MAT/B yet. I completely forgot to ask about it at my 28 wk appt. I have another appt on 30th April so going to try to remember then.

I would have thought they would have just handed it over. Maybe they forgot...no idea!!

N xx

I had to ring up my midwife and ask for it. The last time I seen her was at 24 weeks I think and I forgot to ask for it, but I am just worried as my contract says it is to be submitted by 25 weeks. I think I will be ok as my boss said all will be fine, but I just wanted to have it and hand it in, as I am not seeing my midwife again until 10 May.

My midwife just left it at the reception area for collection, she didnt need to see me.

Careful with the MAT form ladies - at my place you have to ask midwife for it (its just a tiny form with her signature, surgery's stamp and edd on it). I got it in just in time (must be given to employer no less than 15 weeks before edd) otherwise it can mess up your maternity pay. HTH.

I got my MATB1 form at 21weeks when I was at the midwife - I had to ask her for it as she completly forgot! But yeah its supposed to be handed in prior to 15 weeks before the week your EDD is in or it can delay your mat pay. Its not so much about your employer needing it but they need to send it on to make sure SMP kicks in etc :thumbsup: In my work I couldnt officialy request mat leave until I had handed in the MATB1 form as well as giving at least 28 days notice.

I got my letter back from work confirming my mat leave starts 1st July 2012 - and I have leave booked from the 14th June so I only have 8 weeks left of work :happydance: And only about 26 shifts!

Hello! I'm late finding this thread -- Tiddler is another Friday 13th due date, which I think is very lucky for me!! My first two both came on their due dates, but youngest DD was due July but arrived 6 weeks early in June. Hope this one stays put until at least 37 weeks. :wacko:

For me the 1st Tri dragged but 2nd Tri flew past. We have everything we need already in place, I just want the next few months to pass quickly so we can get on with our baby.

I bought the Amby baby hammock and it was delivered this week -- I love it!! Anybody else going with a hammock instead of a crib/cot?

My work are fine - I've officially told them my due date, and they've done the official reply all subject to them getting my MATB form.

Invivo - my DH was a Friday 13th baby so I think they're great :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->