July Moms to be.....

Flip, I hope I havent mucked things up. I did write to my HR department upon their request to confirm my EDD and I have posted my MAT B1 today, fingers crossed all will be ok!

My midwife gave me my Mat B1 at my 25 week appointment and work had already asked me for it a few times by then. Its true that its so they can send it off to register your pregnancy and sort your SMP.

I am sure you ladies will all be ok. I am surpirsed your midwives havent done this as if you are UK and have the same purple NHS maternity file I have it tells the midwife what she is meant to do at each meeting so mine goes through the list to make sure shes done everything.

Hope everyone is feeling well? xxx

My midwife/hospital forgot to do my triple tests!!!!!!!!

They said it was up to me to ask for them, but how on earth am I supposed to know who is to take them or when they are being taken etc. When I asked the midwife about them at my most recent appointment, she said I should have got them done at my 12 week scan and said "did you not ask for them". Eh, no, how on earth would I know to ask for them.

My MW took blood at 8 weeks and gave me an appointment for the hospital, which I attended. No one asked if I wanted the tests, or if I had decided I didnt want them, nothing. The MW finally conceded that yes, I should have been at least offered them and apologised. She asked if I was annoyed about it - well there's not much point being annoyed about it, what is done is done, but it would have been nice if they had followed procedure - so I guess having to chase up a MAT B1 form is trivial in comparison.

I had my MATB1 form at my 24 week app - they can't give it to you until 22 weeks I think? I remember my work asking for mine before I was even allowed it!

I don't have purple mat notes, mine are green!

Hi joey, yes I remember you saying now. How frustrating for you, surely the midwife should be prompting you as you obviously don't know to ask with your first. I must admit my care has been pretty good so far.

I also don't have purple or green maternity notes. I have a file (yellow) with my notes put in it - but there's no checklist for the midwife or anything, just blank sections for her to write on.

Possibly, having looked closer at all the measurements his legs are apparently 1mm shorter now than they were 10 days ago!! That clearly can't be correct so there must be quite some room for error.

I've got another scan at 36 weeks so really hoping he's all in proportion by then. Really wish I hadnt looked at the measurements, would prefer not to know & worry, probably unnecceserily!

Ive not been given the test. In the UK I believe it's only needed if there's a history of GD or diabetes in the family or bmi was over a certain value when first weighed, not sure what that was though.

Was wondering as well if anyone has had a growth scan yet. I had 1 today & babies head measures at the top if the scale, at my 4d scan last Sat it was average. Seems a huge growth spurt in about 10 days?!

That does seem a huge growth for 10 days. Is there any chance they could have got it wrong at your 4d scan?
My first growth scan is May 1st

Hi ladies.

Just seen some discussion with regards to MATB1 forms and thought I may get an answer as some ladies are going through the process of dealing with work with regards to maternity.

I wont qualify for SMP as i dont pay NI and don't earn much. I know ill qualify for Maternity Allowance though.. anyone else in same boat?

I handed my MATB1 form into work and notification of intended leaving date when I was 24 weeks pregnant. I am leaving at 30 + 4. When i handed it in the HR woman told me i would not receive my smp1 form needed to apply for Maternity Allowance until I had left. Ive spoken to Maternity allowance and they've told me its a very short form and theres no reason why your employer can't do it far sooner, and it would be better if they did. Otherwise i risk my claim taking upto 8 weeks and having no income during that time.

Any ladies out there who dont qualify for smp? how long did it take till you got your smp1 form?

Thanks xx

Had a big 28 week appointment yesterday!

Glucose test + ultrasound to check the location of my placenta that was low lying in week 28. My placenta moved WAY up! Hooray! I also got the results from my glucose test today and I passed!!! Double hooray!!! Yesterday my doctor also scheduled my c-section so we now know when baby Alice will be here, unless something changes.

July 5th 8:00am!!!

Great news Breakingdawn! I had a 28 week to check my placenta too. Mine was a total previa at 20 weeks. As of 28 weeks it had moved but still covering. My dr. is hopeful. I will most likely have to have a c-section anyway but was really praying for a vbac. Glad yours has moved!!

VBAC isn't really an option for me regardless, too many high risk issues... but at least we know our exact due date now! :)

VBAC isn't really an option for me regardless, too many high risk issues... but at least we know our exact due date now! :)

Can I ask what the high risk issues are? My dr. is willing to let me try for a vbac but three things have to happen. First she has to stay small,under 10 lbs. My sons have all been big boys 9 lbs 3 oz, 10 lbs 12 oz, 10 lbs 6 oz. Then my placenta would have to move out of the way and I would have to go into labor on my own. They probably wouldn't induce me due to two previous c-sections. I am probably wishful thinking that I will have a vbac but it would be great! :)

I had an emergency c section with #1 due to labor complications (something I NEVER want to go through again).. I had a SECOND abdominal surgery over the same scar (for an ectopic pregnancy in September). So, I've had 2 cuts over the same incision and the last one was very recent. He says my risk for rupture is higher than most. I do not want to run the risk of another emergency c section because it was horrible. So, we are just going to play it on the safe side.. which I am more comfortable with anyway.

can't wait til baby is here, 65 days to go! that delivery room is going to be so exciting, my hubby finally gets his son after having 4 girls!!

can't wait til baby is here, 65 days to go! that delivery room is going to be so exciting, my hubby finally gets his son after having 4 girls!!

I'm down to 69 or close to that. My ticker will tell the truth :winkwink: that's if I go to due date. I might have to have a csection which would probably be a week maybe two sooner. Yikes! We are finally having a girl after 3 boys :happydance: congrats on the boy!!

Hi ladies =) Hope you all are doing well. My hubby and I just got our 3d pics yesterday of our little man and wanted to share them here since this is my only outlet to share and this forum has been really supportive. (His little sister is preggo too and if I post anything on facebook she says something negative)

Attachments

• BABY_22.jpg
    BABY_22.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi ladies =) Hope you all are doing well. My hubby and I just got our 3d pics yesterday of our little man and wanted to share them here since this is my only outlet to share and this forum has been really supportive. (His little sister is preggo too and if I post anything on facebook she says something negative)

how cute! how many weeks is this? (never mind, got my answer. :)) how much did they say LO weighs?

What a cutie! Do you think he looks like you or your hubby?

Well, the countdown is on for our c-section date. Had our baby shower last weekend, went awesome! We have almost everything we need and almost everything organized. Should be done by the beginning of June! 58 more days to go!

how cute! how many weeks is this? (never mind, got my answer. :)) how much did they say LO weighs?

They didn't tell me and I didn't think to even ask lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->