June 2013 Babies

Oh Army I totally hear you...it bothers me when I have to raise my voice or give Libby a smack as 90% she is doing things just for the attention. She has taken to climbing on her change table herself and switching on the lights. It's so dangerous and she will pick the moment I latch Ethan on for a feed or whatever to do stuff like that. It bothers me that I can't just stand up and go get her cause her room is at the other end of the house and I can hear her climbing so I just yell down the hall "I am counting to 3 and you need to get down and come to mummy" stuff like that and hope to God she listens.

Yeah, Jerusha has learned to stand on the arm of the couch to turn the lights on and off in the living room. Luckily I'm almost always in that room unless she's asleep but she doesn't like to listen when I ask or tell her to get down before she falls.

Such little stunt women we have on our hands! Just hate living with my heart in my throat when she does crazy stuff like that. I was always such a shy and reserved child so I blame DH for her wild risk taking side.
Had Ethan at the hospital getting his ultrasound. He cried but the sonographer couldn't see anything weird in his tummy so that was a relief.
I got to go get my blood tested sometime...very hard to get the two kids etc out the house and get anything done I am finding. I just spent 100 dollars on toddler nappies ($27) and newborn nappies ($16) and two bottles ($17), 2 packs of sanitary pads for myself ($10) and new teets and a couple juice popper and some cookies and a packet of ziplock bags this morning. Amazing how it adds up! Two kids is def more expensive than one.

These stories are making me glad I've only got the one little man to run around after at the moment! :)

We dont mean to frighten you Jadie...there are good times too.
I had an Emergency this weekend and ended up in the ER...thankfully now I am home from hospital. All is not well. I have a suspected uterus infection? They say endometeritis - I really don't know how they diagnose it but I was having severe back pain and tummy pain I even vomited Saturday night I could barely move I was wincing over in pain so we called an ambulance and been in the ER all Saturday night then transferred up to the ward Sunday morning. Cause I am bfeeding they could not give me too much pain wise so was just mostly on panadol and antibiotics. It really sucked. I hated the Iv cause they had it right in my arm where it bends so was very frustrating getting Ethan on and off the nipple. I am now back home but still in a fair bit of pain. Will go to the Dr Monday and get a 2nd opinion I reckon.

Sorry about your ER visit Libbysmum but glad you are back home. I hope DH is helping out while you heal.

On a happier note, here are some pictures from when Daniel was 5 weeks (a week ago):

Attachments

• IMG_6077.jpg
    IMG_6077.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6084.jpg
    IMG_6084.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1
That is beautiful I love his little overalls! Precious little man! I wen to Dr today and took DH as he said he was sick apparently he has a contagious throat infection...I hope he doesn't pass it on to me or Ethan! The Dr gave him antibiotics and me a script for some mortillium for my milk supply as the antibiotics seem to be slowing my supply down I am barely getting a few drops when I express! So frustrating. Poor Ethan has been constantly wanting my nipples. And great news...I weighed myself at the Drs office and am already back to my pre-pregnancy weight! Hooray!! It made my day!

Ouch on the throat infection. I hope those meds help with your supply. Blcok feeding lowered my supply enough so that tere wuld be nothing to pump after he eats. Somehow he is having diarrhea though for the past 3 days. Poor guy.

oh poor baby! Mine has had a couple of explosive poops...not fun eh...I been put up to a higher dose of pain killers...they make Ethan real sleepy. I really hope that I wont have to take them long! Went to hospital again last night cause of the pain and they gave me an ultrasound today. They didnt see any left over product everything looked clear but they want to be sure and give me a transvaginal one...I was hesitant as I still have stitches down there and didnt want to poke anything up there yet!

Hi girls! I haven't been on here for AGES! Congratulations Libbysmum!! Big bubba boy! Welcome to the world. Jack has been keeping me very busy. Tbh, I struggled a fair bit in the first few weeks, my emotions are only now really starting to settle down. Once I passed the 8wk mark. Hard to believe he is now 9 wks old! Time is just flying by!! A quick question for you girls.... Has anyone gone back on contraception? I started on the mini pill 4days ago and today I had bleeding. So I've decided that I don't want to go on that now as now I've read up on it, it's a pretty common side effect for the first 3months. I was going to get the implanon but I think that is pretty much made up of the same stuff as the mini pill. I'm now thinking of Mirena or an IUD. Has anyone had experience with these or knows much abiut them? I know that I am now done having children. 4 pregnancies and 2 beautiful children is enough for ths 37 year old so I would prefer contraceptive that is longer term but am not overly keen on bleeding more than necessary. Xx

I just realised that I haven't really posted any pics of my little guy. Here is a pic. Most of my pictures are on my phone and I'm on my iPad at the moment. This pic of the family will have to do. :winkwink:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
Aww Bubsta...Totally hard work with two kiddo's. I havent had much time to use the computer at all. That family photo is so sweet! I think he looks a lot like you! Our Ethan is doing well...he is still looking a bit squishy not sure if he will keep his dark hair or not. Libby did not. She went blond so I guess we will wait and see.
I am feeling a bit more "normal" the past few days. Maybe my hormones settling down. I have a physio appt tomorrow afternoon and my mum is going to come babysit so I am going to try real hard to express a bottle of milk for her to give to him so I don't have to go to the tin of formula.
Contraception? I really haven't thought that through yet. Abstaining for now til my Dr check up in two weeks time! I doubt very much that DH will want to get a Vacectomy so we will probably use condoms and hope we don't have any leaks lol...I really don't want to think about pregnancy for a while!

Vent: My DH strongly dislikes my parents and they dont like him either. i'm in constant tug of war mode. I hate it! I want everyone to be happy but that wont happen

I'm very lucky that DD is such a good girl. I am so glad that she is 5 years old. It must be so hard when there are two under 3 years. DD is such a big help and just adores Jack.

Breastfeeding. Argh. Such a frustrating thing this time around. With DD we had a couple of issues but were resolved in the first Week or two. This time, I've had nothing but problems. From one nipple that refused to heal... Five weeks later sent off a swab and there was an infection. Had to take antibiotics.... Soon as I did, my supply diminished. Had to have meds to increase supply. Felt like I was constantly expressing (which isn't easy with a baby that doesn't Like to sleep) So unhappy baby and unhappy mummy. Now after having quite a few ebm bottles, Jack doesnt like the boob that had the infection (even though the infection has gone now), so is constantly pulling off it. Crying. He also wants to be fed every 2.5 hours. Just really unpleasant compared to DD. Jack is a really chucky baby, and also thinks that sleeping is over rated. Normally average of 3hours between feeds at night (if we are lucky) and 20min naps during the day.. So 9wks of this, I'm really in need of some sleep and some easy feeding. I tried Jack on formula for the first time yesterday (just the one bottle) and he slept for like 3hours during the day which is soo unusual. So nice! So I think we are going to try just one FF at night to see if he sleeps better. I've heard good reports that this can work. Wish me luck. I really didnt want to go formula this early, but for my sanity I think it's necessary.

Do you really think Jack looks like me Libbysmum? Thanks! I just can't see it. I think especially because he has such brown eyes and mine are blue. I see hubby in both our kids. Good luck with your physio. Your lucky that your mum can come and babysit.
Oh, btw, I wouldn't have even thought about contraception (not overly interested in DTD at the moment, lol) but my OB asked me about it at my 6wk check up. I'll keep dropping hints about a vasectomy with DH but I can't see him doing it. (He has a genuine fear of being knocked out for any operation).

Oh Armymama, sorry you have to go through that. It would be hard. I can relate to some degree. My father and brother really really dislike each other. I'm always caught in the middle there too. Not much fun. :hugs:

Sorry it's so long!! I hope your babies :baby: are being good for their mummies. :hugs: xx

Your Jack sounds like Ethan...we have given him ff but he tends to gulp down and then vomit back up. At least with EBM it's from you not some factory. I agree pumping takes SOOOO much time! I pumped off about 100ml for my mum to feed him on our wedding anniversary so I could go out without the kids and have a glass of wine with Hubby. We went out again last night to a birthday party but I was only able to get about 80mls of EBM so he was topped up with formula the greedy monkey!
It was nice to get out...felt good but I always half feel guilty leaving the kids. Apparently Libby moaned and cried most of the night while we were gone. She is finding it all a bit hard to adapt.
I am sorry to hear of your family problems Army! I really hate being the peacemaker. Totally feel your frustration. I am a bit fed up with DH's family. We are always the ones that phone or write letters or go about doing the communication and they don't ever phone us in return...It drives me nuts. They never visit us we always are the ones to go to them. They don't have kids so I am sure they don't realize what a huge effort it is for us.

Hi everyone....its been awhile since I've been on.

Hope everyone is okay???

Bubsta, I've gone back on the normal pill as Im eff now so can't help much there.

Life is pretty good atm. Jaxon has been sleeping between 10-12 hours at night without waking now so its lovely....so Im feeling rested and happy. Being a ftm has been a shock to the system and its only been recently that I have adjusted and got used too it all and really really enjoying being a mum now....

Anyways he is about to wake for a feed, really hope everyone is well xx

Bubsta....just read about Jacks sleeping....sorry its rough for you....I feel bad now saying how long Jaxon sleeps :-(

My DH thinks he can come home from work and sit on his chair and play candy crush while I do everything. He said I don't understand he works so hard and wants to relax...I do understand how hard he works but I also give him his space and he can do things like go to the gym and play squash etc with his buddies and I don't ask him to do much when he is home...just watch the kids while I make dinner or shower and maybe run a bath for Libby once in a while. That's pretty much it. I don't expect him to do the dishes or laundry or any of that stuff just spend a few minutes with the kids so I can get food on the table or clean myself up after a day of being pooped on or vomited on by small children. Does anyone elses other halfs complain they get no time to relax? He said he is frustrated because I was feeding the baby so much and I had asked to get me some water when he had just sat down...I apologised and said I was sorry he was feeling so frustrated but seriously...he is their dad and I am not the only parent on duty or am I?

Libbysmum, you arent alone. What you described was basically my life before this deployment. He says it will all be more equal once he is back. He will be more active with the kids and helping me. He says we will do more things as a family outside of the house too. I hope he holds up to that promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->