June 2013 Babies

My first feeling was that this baby would be around 8 lbs 2 ounces so I'll stick with that. Oh and 20 inches long.

Hi ladies, just wanted to share with you all, our precious little one, Finlay was born at 16:56hrs on the 3/7/13 weighing a whopping 10lb 15oz! He had to be born via emcs due to labour stalling and bubs not descending at 9cm (he was too big for me to birth naturally) he's in the special care baby unit at the moment due to him being a little shocked at birth as they had difficulty getting him out as his head was stuck in the birth canal. He didn't breath on his own for four minutes and also his blood sugars were low. Hopefully he should be in my room with me after lunch this afternoon (about 9 hours To go!) they bought him over to me last night and he breast fed so perfectly it was amazing!

https://i43.tinypic.com/34g8ym9.jpg

Whoa big boy! congrats!I want a chunky monkey! I'm worried that Daniel isn't gaining weight. We will see on Monday how much he weighs. Ok, libbysmum its your turn.

Oh Jadie, a massive congratulations Hun! Isn't he handsome! That is a big boy to try and birth naturally! He looks so content. Hoping he is in your room now and is being a good boy for his Mummy. Rest up sweets. I hope you heal quickly. Xx

He is in my room right now :) just where he belongs! Can't wait to get him home :)

I dont mean to offend anyone but I am seriously ready to throw my computer across the room due to all of my Facebook friends posting about their wonderful night. All my plans got cancelled including my backup plans and I am suffering from migraines. I get to the point that I almost yell at my daughter if she disobeys me. Anyone who knows me knows that I RARELY raise my voice at my children because I dont want to startle them. I dont believe raising my voice is the right way to teach them they are doing something wrong. Laundry and dishes are piling up and I cant convince myself to do any of it. End of my rant.

Am happy to announce baby Ethan Matthias was born on July 1st 2013. He shares his birthday with his daddy which is so nice. Who could ask for a better present right?
The first contraction until his arrival was about 7 and a half hours total. I was in the middle of icing DH's birthday cake when it started. Called DH to come from his work and he called my mother to take care of Libby. By the time we got admitted I was already in proper labour and 5cm dilated. Water broke around 8pm and Ethan with the help of an episiotomy came out at 10.12pm. I had surgery after cause my placenta was retained and wouldn't come out! Blood loss and two transfusions later I was feeling a bit better. Had been told my temperature was high so they have me on antibiotics and pain killers for a few more days.

Attachments

• ethan and mummy day 3.jpg
    ethan and mummy day 3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0
Congrats! Another big boy! I guess I was wrong about his weight lol .

Congrats Libby'smum :) he's gorgeous! You did well to birth him :)

Thank you ladies. Congrats too on your gorgeous boy! How are you doing with feeds and sleeps?
I had to change Ethan about 5 times yesterday as he kept vomiting or peeing or pooping on his clothes and me! I changed outfits at least 3 occasions! Poor little man had been nibbling my breasts instead of latching on properly and made a bloody mess of things. Then vomited as he had suckled down blood with the milk...gross! It was awful!
I had to send DH off to find some formula so my breasts get to rest and heal from the damage he did!

Daniel is having a rough week. He is only awake for about 2 hours total during the day and then he wants to be awake from midnight til 3 a.m. (he feeds 3x during that period) before he'll sleep for 4-5 hours. He poops a lot but sometimes it seems like he is having a hard time pooping.

Daniel has such a small mouth that he has a hard time latching on too. I have heard that Nipple Butter by the First Years helps tremendously with bleeding and cracked nipples.

It is hard work - I find bfeeding really draining. I keep having to remind myself that soon he will get into a better feeding routine and will latch on better and keep having to force myself to drink more water so I don't run out of my supply. How are you finding the other siblings with the new addition? Libby has been ok...a few tantrums because she wants to sit in his bouncer chair and I keep saying no she can't. She also wants to play cubby houses with the playmat we have for him. She loves looking at herself in the mirror that dangles down from the top. Finding it really difficult to get rest right now as DH has gone away for 3 days!

It is hard work - I find bfeeding really draining. I keep having to remind myself that soon he will get into a better feeding routine and will latch on better and keep having to force myself to drink more water so I don't run out of my supply. How are you finding the other siblings with the new addition? Libby has been ok...a few tantrums because she wants to sit in his bouncer chair and I keep saying no she can't. She also wants to play cubby houses with the playmat we have for him. She loves looking at herself in the mirror that dangles down from the top. Finding it really difficult to get rest right now as DH has gone away for 3 days!

Jerusha is really whiny right now because her molars are coming in so her teeth and her ears hurt. She gets Tylenol 2x a day for the pain. As far as Daniel I think she is doing great. She picks out his outfits and now even helping me change his diaper and put lotion on him. She also wants to hold him on her lap whenever he is happy and then she'll give him back when he starts to squirm or whine. I'm just trying to keep her involved with things for him and then still give her about 30 minutes (usually in 5 minute increments) of time that it is just her and mommy.

I said to Libby did she want me to put the baby to bed. She said no, her bed. She wants to sleep with him in her room already! Not going to happen for at least 3 months!

LOL! We took him to his 1 month appointment yesterday and i was afraid he wasn't gaining weight but its just the opposite. He has gained almost 2 lbs and 2 inches in a month! He is now 10 lbs 9 ounces and 21 1/4 inches.

Wow you have a hungry baby on your hands! Glad he is doing so well!
I havent taken Ethan yet to the GP or anything...been too busy settling in to life we had my brother and two of his kids come and visit us they were here for three days. It was fun for Libby to have some kids to play with and distract her attention.
She has found it hard that she isn't getting the cuddles she wants etc. I feel torn between her and Ethan about 90 percent of the time and too tired to care the other 10 percent lol

I understand the torn feeling. We are at my moms for a week and Jerusha just wants mommy to do everything with her. Sometimes she wont even let my mom talk to her or read her a book.

Sounds familiar Julie...She sounds a lot like Libby. She has been screaming this horrible high pitched scream for no reason at all but just to get my attention...uh it is exhausting!
Took Ethan to his first doctor appointment. Was happy to find he had gained about 700 grams since Saturday! DH goes back to work tomorrow! I am so afraid that I will be here alone with the two little people...I hope I will manage! I may try calling my mother but I have a feeling she is working a bit more this week as they have been short staffed where she works. I am running out of food in the fridge so need to go grocery shopping at some point tomorrow or the next day. Tonight we are heating up a frozen pizza. Yum!

I hope the first few days of being alone go well for you. We have been trying to keep Jerusha active and busy during the day but it hasnt stopped her from getting all crabby and sassy with us. I had to spank her 2x today and was very close to a spanking at least 3 other times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->