June 2013 Babies

Oh Olivelove, he is just beautiful! Congratulations! That was a quick delivery. Thanks for updating! Xxx

I'm 39 weeks today ladies and off to midwife app in 3 hours. They haven't yet examined me so I'm hoping they will this week. If conditions are suitable ill ask for a stretch and sweep! Hopefully we can get things moving. Bubs was measuring 1-3 weeks ahead at 37weeks and guesstimate weight of 8lb then. That was 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping for an all natural birth so i don't want him being huge in case his shoulders get stuck. I was 9lb 2oz when I was born and my shoulders got stuck, my mum and I have very similar frames. Eek! Will update later...

Oh so sorry forgot to say congrats to all those whose little ones have arrived already!

Hi Jadie, lovely to hear from you. Good luck at your appointment. sounds like your son will be a good size. Make sure you let us know how you go! When I had a scan at 38wks, my OB guessed bubs would be between 3.5-4kg (scan weight at that appointment was already showing 3920grams). My son was born 3 days later and weighed 3.84kg (8.81 pounds) so he was pretty spot on. Would have been interesting to see how much he would have weighed full term. Will be interesting to see how much your LO weighs now. Xx

Had my Dr appointment yesterday...bit of a drama getting to the hospital...first place I parked the security man told me nicely to move my car or get it towed...thanks buddy for that!
Then lost my parking ticket down the side of the car seat...couldn't find the keys to lock the bloody car...ugh and was already running late for the appointment.
Thankfully my blood pressure was good...really surprised me as the morning was so stressful. Baby had a heart beat of 150bpm...was still measuring a week behind but the Dr was not worried. Dr said it isn't a small baby but it isn't a big baby just average size probably and she reckons it will be an 8-12 hour maximum labor. All fine to go ahead for the VBAC....hooray!
Jadie all the best for your appointment!
cONGRATS oLIVE!! pRECIOUS!

Sorry I havent updated a lot. All is good here. Daniel has a blocked tear duct but its not infected so just keeping it clean and applying breastmilk to it 2x a day. If its not resolved in a week then we'll talk to his dr about it at the 1 month appointment.

Here are some of his latest photos:

Attachments

• IMG_4898.jpg
    IMG_4898.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4906.jpg
    IMG_4906.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4913.jpg
    IMG_4913.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1
Omgosh cuteness...love his camy gear! Daniel sure has a head of hair! I can't wait to meet my little Ethan! Right now I could give away my 23 mth old she is driving me crazy! pulled down every toy off the shelf and scattered debris all over the house!

I actually have a lot more camo. I will post some pictures from the makeshift photo sesson tomorrow.

Cant wait to give birth! This is taking forever!
Last night we had a friends housewarming and I ate too much or drank too much soda and suffered for it all night with heartburn and vomiting :(
Pretty rough! DH is still suffering with his man cold so is acting like an invalid...seriously frustrating! DD still has a cold but has been fairly good other than tantrums. Keeping up the fluids, giving her panadol and lots of cuddles.

I gave midwife the us report with his measurements on and he didn't say anything! She asked me if I'd been itchy as my belly has horrendous stretchies on. I said yes, she asked anywhere else and I said yeah pretty much all over but I have awful skin, I always have dermatitis or allergies or rashes (can't even wear my white gold wedding ring :( ) but they are testing for obstetric cholestasis. I've been panicking myself. Haven't told hubby how much I'm worrying. I don't want him to worry too. Should get results tomorrow.
I must say I'm not impressed with my care at all. It may seem I'm nitpicking but they ran around gettin a dr to request cholestatic bloods to check and they didn't explain it to me once! I only knew because of my medical training! Which I find pretty rude they expect me to know or if they didn't know I work in healthcare then they just didn't care to explain. I asked them what to do when I think labour is starting, or waters break etc. she just said ring us and we'll guide you from there. Like? How is that preparing me for labour? I give up. I hope my labour experience isn't ruined by these midwives. Not that it matters but they are all on the older side, I wouldn't mind if they were good. I wouldn't recommend my hospital for antenatal care. We'll see what the birth is like.

Daniel is a cutie Army. The camo gear is very cute.
Sounds like your family is suffering a bit at the moment Libbysmum. I hope you are all feeling better soon. Xx not long now and you will meet Ethan! How exciting! Try and rest up (if Libby will let you).
I'm sorry your not having a good experience with your MWs Jadie. It's hard when your a FTM and you feel the way you do. I can kinda understand. There are 5 years between my DD & DS. I would have liked more info from my OB with the pregnancy/birth, but because I'd had a child before, I think he assumed that I knew everything. I would have loved him to go through more things... I'd forgotten some stuff. Just make sure if you do have any questions, that you do just call the hospital(or OB) I rang the hospital when I thought I could be in labour but wasnt sure, (was early labour and then had bleeding). They were great on the phone and told me to come in just to be checked (I thought I'd be coming home)... Ended up having the bub. Don't hold back on calling with any questions. that is what they are there for. X

Thanks, I keep giving her juice and keeping up her fluids...she seems to be ok apart from the congestion. DH on the other hand is such a cry baby when it comes to being sick! I haven't slept well at all the past couple of nights. I really hope tonight I can get a better nights rest!
All the best with the hospital and midwifes there Jadie!
I really wish they wouldn't assume you know it all. That bothers me too!

Well by the way she is acting and pointing to her ear all the time, Jerusha has an ear infecton again. Gave her some tylenol and will put her ear drops in once she is asleep tonight. She was crying on and off for an hour and then would cry whenever Daniel cried. She didnt want to eat, play, or read her books which is all she mostly wants to do on a normal day. This next week is going to be stressful for me.

uh no Army that is sad to hear...poor darling girl! Hope she feels better soon! I was running about "cleaning" house today hoping to bring on some contractions but no such luck.

Thanks ladies. Just needed to vent! Bloods came back all clear! Next appointment is on due date on Saturday!

So in an effort to help Daniel with gas I'm cutting dairy out of my diet tomorrow. I'll drink Lactaid and be able to eat greek yogurt but cheese and ice cream will be out. He has gotten horrible baby acne all over his face and hate it but I know it'll be gone in 4-6 weeks. I havent been able to pump any in the past 5 days because he has basically been eating so much that dont even get engorged anymore. Do you know if they have a 3 week growth spurt? I always thought it was 5 weeks but maybe my memory is foggy.

Took Jerusha to immediate care. No ear infection just teething so she gets infant tylenol 2x a day to help her sleep.

Still no baby here...It is DH's birthday today. Am making him a german chocolate cake
DD is busy destroying the house.
Teething can be just as painful poor little J...hope she feels better soon! All the best with Daniel and his gas. Hope it sorts out soon. My niece had bad Colic it was horrible the most she would sleep is an hour at any time night or day! She finally grew out of it around 9mths but boy was it difficult for them as first time parents!

Thanks. Cant wait for your little boy to be here. Have a name picked out yet? I am sensing a Friday baby being born around 8:15 p.m. your time. How much did Libby weigh when she was born?

Yeah, she is really whiny. Giving me a headache. She whines with the saddest voice ever that makes me want to cry sometimes.

I don't think he has colic. He just doesn't like to sleep unless I am holding him. He sometimes sleeps 5 hours straight at night. He will take 2 hour naps during the day occasionally but usually only 45 minutes.

Libby was almost 9 pounds...Am hoping this one is smaller and easier to birth. Am having a few contractions about 9 mins apart...hopefully not BH's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->