June - Eggplants (revised) :)

So, has anyone started on their nurserys yet? I've started buying a lot of things but still have to have OH move a bunch of boxes (from when we moved a few months ago) out of the room. plus I have to decide on some sort of a theme, which is a lot harder than I thought....

We already have all our baby furniture etc from our first born, so we will be using all of that, but excited to be buying our new double stroller. It will be arriving in just over a week! yay!!:happydance: I have a stroller addiction - this I will admit;)

how much have you ladies gained ...

Wow - well I was along the same lines as you...I gained 56lbs with my 1st baby....and this one I have gained about 10lbs in total now as well. I'm hoping I don't get huge again LOL...but I still have 4 months to go :wacko: So that might be impossible to avoid lol!!

So far I've gained about 13-14lbs. I was quite slim before (about 110lbs) and my midwife said that it would be a good thing if I gained a bit whilst I'm pregnant, but I have no idea how much she meant. I haven't really changed my eating (exercising waaaaay less though) and the weight seems to be going on...so hopefully I'm gaining the right amount...every thread I read seems to have such vast differences in how much people gain and when- it's so confusing knowing how much is good.

Wow - well I was along the same lines as you...I gained 56lbs with my 1st baby....and this one I have gained about 10lbs in total now as well. I'm hoping I don't get huge again LOL...but I still have 4 months to go :wacko: So that might be impossible to avoid lol!!

So far I've gained about 13-14lbs. I was quite slim before (about 110lbs) and my midwife said that it would be a good thing if I gained a bit whilst I'm pregnant, but I have no idea how much she meant. I haven't really changed my eating (exercising waaaaay less though) and the weight seems to be going on...so hopefully I'm gaining the right amount...every thread I read seems to have such vast differences in how much people gain and when- it's so confusing knowing how much is good.

yes usually if you are on the slim side - its required that you gain a little more. Instead of the average 25-35lbs, your asked to gain 35-45lbs. Sounds like you are doing great :)

I think I'm going to wait until the baby is born before I do the nursery...don't know if that's a stupid idea though? Obviously we will buy a few things like a cot and put them in our room/the spare room ready, but I don't plan on decorating or making it look like a baby's bedroom until a much later date. One reason is I don't really have that much money as I haven't got a job (will probably buy things over time as we can afford it) and the other is that we rent our house so we're a bit limited on changes (e.g. decorating) that we can actually do. Plus we already have a double bed/storage space in the spare room and I haven't got anywhere else to put it so it'll just have to stay for now.

What things are other people doing in the nursery before the baby arrives and what things are you leaving till later?

I'm just hoping that people will be buying us cuddly toys and so on as gifts (not that I'm trying to be greedy but that just seems to be a popular gift to buy for new parents!) so the room won't look as sparse or un-baby-friendly once that's all in!

I'm trying to get everything done before baby arrives. Like you, I rent, so I won't bother painting or anything but I do plan on hanging up pictures, ect. We can't afford to buy everything at once, so I'm just buying things one at a time (except cloths) until I have everything. Plus I'm sure I'll get a lot of stuff at my baby shower, but that's not for awhile yet.

I was also only 110 when I started out, which my doc said was underweight (my metabolism was always really fast) and told me to gain 30 to 40 pounds during pregnancy. Apparently I took that to heart because I already gained around 23 pounds (and counting... :haha:)

I wish I was underweight when I started (well not really but I wish I was lighter than I was) I am trying to not gain too much weight and so far have only gained about 3.5kgs (I think 7.5 pounds ish).

I have yet to start putting the baby room together, am being given the cot, changing table etc, but am also renting. Planning on going out this weekend and getting some more baby appropriate curtains and maybe some wall stickers to put on the wardrobe or something. Cant wait to have it set up and feel more like a baby will be living there.

How is everyone doing? Must be some hitting 23 weeks today, only 2 more days for me yay!

i am doing good...feeling a lot better, but i am congested and sick ... so that sucks, engery is not back at all, i dont think it will be since i am getting big now. i have an uncontrollable hunger today... which i dont like :D been eating all day :D

Sounds like everyone is doing well...mom and ttc..sorry to hear you are sick...its the worst while pregnant!!! I hope you feel better soon!! Well we must all be reaching our 23 week point? I am 23 weeks tomorrow:) woo hoo!!! I thought it would be fun to post our 23 week bump pics!! So here is mine...can't wait to see all your lovely bumps:)

Attachments

• Kelowna-20120227-00417.jpg
    Kelowna-20120227-00417.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
any of you have braxton hicks yet? i had them all weekend ... didnt miss them at all :D

i will make a pic later...

how are you girls planing on laboring??

i will get induced a week early, my husband is in the navy, so no family anywhere near, and i want my mom here... mil will fly in and i think SIL, my dad and siblings will come as soon as i have the baby ...

will all stay 2-3 days and leave again, also i want somebody from my family watching our DD, however if i come early nothing i can do :D

last time i got induced, epidural and had her 12 hrs later, i never had real pain or felt bad contractions, would love it that way again ... oh and i want an episiotomy again, they stitched me up closer then i was :D but we also waited 12 weeks before having sex... i was disgusted by the fact that my husband seen her being born and everything... (women...)
my dd was 6.13 lbs and 17.5 inches, i am so scared of having a huge baby this time ...

any of you have braxton hicks yet? i had them all weekend ... didnt miss them at all :D

Yes I've been getting bh since about 16 weeks...not painful..just sometimes slightly uncomfortable...I get them quite often if I'm dehydrated.

i will get induced a week early, my husband is in the navy, so no family anywhere near, and i want my mom here... mil will fly in and i think SIL, my dad and siblings will come as soon as i have the baby ...

will all stay 2-3 days and leave again, also i want somebody from my family watching our DD, however if i come early nothing i can do

last time i got induced, epidural and had her 12 hrs later, i never had real pain or felt bad contractions, would love it that way again ... oh and i want an episiotomy again, they stitched me up closer then i was but we also waited 12 weeks before having sex... i was disgusted by the fact that my husband seen her being born and everything... (women...)
my dd was 6.13 lbs and 17.5 inches, i am so scared of having a huge baby this time ...

@ Jen

i read you got a double stroller? what kind

will all stay 2-3 days and leave again, also i want somebody from my family watching our DD, however if i come early nothing i can do

last time i got induced, epidural and had her 12 hrs later, i never had real pain or felt bad contractions, would love it that way again ... oh and i want an episiotomy again, they stitched me up closer then i was but we also waited 12 weeks before having sex... i was disgusted by the fact that my husband seen her being born and everything... (women...)

@ Jen

i read you got a double stroller? what kind

As for the delivery...I'm not really sure...but due to my liver condition in my last pregnancy, I doubt the doctors will allow me to go full term. I hope to go slightly early...esp being pregnant in the summer lol!!

With regards to the stroller- I bought a phil & teds double. It has a seat that attaches in the back, you can also clip in a carseat, or lay a newborn down, and attach the additional seat to the front. We live in a small town in the mountains, so the stroller is good for all-terrain. We bought it used, the new ones were just too expenisve brand new for us.

oh wow, good look hope you wont have problems this time!

yeah i hope to go a little early, and honestly i think i will, i have 2 active dogs, a 2 yr old and my husbnad will be gone all of end march/ whole april and may ... plus 100 degrees with no family to help :D yeah it will get busy hope to go right at 37 weeks :D:D but healthy and big enough of course

i have seen those but was afraif the bottom child will be unhappy not seeing anything or squished?

i will get a schwinn turismo double jogger, i run a lot (used to) and just cant beat that price

oh wow, good look hope you wont have problems this time!

yeah i hope to go a little early, and honestly i think i will, i have 2 active dogs, a 2 yr old and my husbnad will be gone all of end march/ whole april and may ... plus 100 degrees with no family to help :D yeah it will get busy hope to go right at 37 weeks :D:D but healthy and big enough of course

i have seen those but was afraif the bottom child will be unhappy not seeing anything or squished?

i will get a schwinn turismo double jogger, i run a lot (used to) and just cant beat that price

Oh wow! You will be busy!!! That's gonna be hard without help for a couple months! My husband is going away for over a week starting a couple days...and I keep thinking how to handle things on my own here with my 2.5 year old! So I can't imagine doing that for so long. Do you have close friends near by to help at all?

As for the stroller thing-yes that was a question we had about the stroller, and we have a few friends that really love it, so we figured why not. I looked into other double strollers, and was worried that my son would outgrow it so quickly, and then I would be stuck with a stroller, that was a double. I like the fact that the phil&teds can convert back to single..so that was the major deciding factor. As my son will be 3yrs old by the time baby arrives lol!

I did once (I think). My bump got really hard for a little bit and it was really uncomfortable to move around. This is my first pregnancy, so I'm not to sure...

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what they're supposed to feel like, but I THINK I've been feeling them. I get uncomfortable cramps that last probably 20-30 seconds and then goes away. So not sure.

I have been wondering about them also, have no idea what they would feel like and was thinking if I had had any I would know??

I'm hoping my body will just do what it needs to do. I dont really want to force anything as i have no need to at this point. But i guess we will see! :) Sometimes i have these freak outs of "omg what will labour be!!?? Can i do this!!!???" and sometimes im totally ok and feel good about labour and birth!

What do braxton hicks feel like? Sometimes i get this tight pressure in where i would feel period cramps...is that something?

Also where are your placentas? Mine is along the top! I hope that means i wont feel baby kick me so hard in the ribs :)

My monkey at 23 weeks! He was so happy today! They put it in 3D and he was smiling and wiggling away. Everytime i talked he would make this big happy face, it was amazing!

Attachments

• 23 weeks (4).jpg
    23 weeks (4).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 5
I'm hoping my body will just do what it needs to do. I dont really want to force anything as i have no need to at this point. But i guess we will see! :) Sometimes i have these freak outs of "omg what will labour be!!?? Can i do this!!!???" and sometimes im totally ok and feel good about labour and birth!

What do braxton hicks feel like? Sometimes i get this tight pressure in where i would feel period cramps...is that something?

Also where are your placentas? Mine is along the top! I hope that means i wont feel baby kick me so hard in the ribs :)

My monkey at 23 weeks! He was so happy today! They put it in 3D and he was smiling and wiggling away. Everytime i talked he would make this big happy face, it was amazing!

Great pic! So clear! Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->