June - Eggplants (revised) :)

I am confused, was I not papaya last week? Babybrain must be kicking in!

I think we stay papaya for a month now x

according to an app on my phone i am now an eggplant but still a papya on here.

yeah the ticker doesn't change but if you look here it does https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx?MsdVisit=1

your actually a papaya from 22weeks till 25weeks.
Im now an aubergine :)
Yikes! It's even longer than I thought then :lol:

That's a shame - I like seeing my fruit change each week :blush:

The "Changing Of The Fruit" was my Saturday morning thrill, now I have to find a new way to get my jollies.

Oh bummer- I thought we were only a papaya for 2 weeks:( oh well! Lol!! I always love the changes of fruit each week!!! But just think- we will each be at our v-days when we change fruit!!!:) woo hoooooo!!!

Btw- what is an aubergine? I don't think I've ever heard of that fruit?

I have no idea. I have never heard of that either! I can't wait to be one though :)

Btw- what is an aubergine? I don't think I've ever heard of that fruit?

Maybe you know it as an eggplant? Purple thing! I think that's just the British name. I don't have a ticker so reading this I have no idea if I'm supposed to be a papaya or aubergine or what! I think they're a similar size anyway though... :)

yeah the ticker doesn't change but if you look here it does https://pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/articles/how-big-is-baby.aspx?MsdVisit=1

I just looked at this, thanks for posting it! I wonder why they have a different one on there for every week but keep us waiting on the tickers for like 3 weeks :(

So, has anyone started on their nurserys yet? I've started buying a lot of things but still have to have OH move a bunch of boxes (from when we moved a few months ago) out of the room. plus I have to decide on some sort of a theme, which is a lot harder than I thought....

I think I'm going to wait until the baby is born before I do the nursery...don't know if that's a stupid idea though? Obviously we will buy a few things like a cot and put them in our room/the spare room ready, but I don't plan on decorating or making it look like a baby's bedroom until a much later date. One reason is I don't really have that much money as I haven't got a job (will probably buy things over time as we can afford it) and the other is that we rent our house so we're a bit limited on changes (e.g. decorating) that we can actually do. Plus we already have a double bed/storage space in the spare room and I haven't got anywhere else to put it so it'll just have to stay for now.

What things are other people doing in the nursery before the baby arrives and what things are you leaving till later?

I'm just hoping that people will be buying us cuddly toys and so on as gifts (not that I'm trying to be greedy but that just seems to be a popular gift to buy for new parents!) so the room won't look as sparse or un-baby-friendly once that's all in!

how much have you ladies gained ...

with DD i gained 70 lbs total, i started at 125 with her ended at 194 :D

now i started at 133 and i am 143 today ... gained 10 lbs in 4 weeks :D holy cow! i dont know how some ladies or sweet skinny pretty and pregnant, i am not :D

I think I'm going to wait until the baby is born before I do the nursery...don't know if that's a stupid idea though? Obviously we will buy a few things like a cot and put them in our room/the spare room ready, but I don't plan on decorating or making it look like a baby's bedroom until a much later date. One reason is I don't really have that much money as I haven't got a job (will probably buy things over time as we can afford it) and the other is that we rent our house so we're a bit limited on changes (e.g. decorating) that we can actually do. Plus we already have a double bed/storage space in the spare room and I haven't got anywhere else to put it so it'll just have to stay for now.

What things are other people doing in the nursery before the baby arrives and what things are you leaving till later?

I'm just hoping that people will be buying us cuddly toys and so on as gifts (not that I'm trying to be greedy but that just seems to be a popular gift to buy for new parents!) so the room won't look as sparse or un-baby-friendly once that's all in!

my daughter room was made perfect ...
this time we already bought the furniture (yeah not cheap to have a baby ... $2300 for a matress/crib/convertion kit/double dresser/hutch :-O)
i will buy some deco things, but we will move 2-3 months after the baby is born from FL to HI so i rather decorate there...

how much have you ladies gained ...

with DD i gained 70 lbs total, i started at 125 with her ended at 194 :D

now i started at 133 and i am 143 today ... gained 10 lbs in 4 weeks :D holy cow! i dont know how some ladies or sweet skinny pretty and pregnant, i am not :D

Wow - well I was along the same lines as you...I gained 56lbs with my 1st baby....and this one I have gained about 10lbs in total now as well. I'm hoping I don't get huge again LOL...but I still have 4 months to go :wacko: So that might be impossible to avoid lol!!

In 2 weeks I've gained 4lbs! Not sure how that happened! Makes me nervous!!!

It's so expensive isn't it! Luckily someone has given us a crib & moses basket so we'll just have to get new mattresses. Plus, our rented home has some furniture like a chest of drawers we don't use at the moment- but when we move no doubt we'll have that expense to look forward to! Fingers crossed I'll have finished college by then and have a job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->