June - Eggplants (revised) :)

Ooooh exciting, most people are at or past V -day now!! I love counting down the little milestones... I guess after V-day we move onto countdown to 3rd tri??

I have not yet got anything for the baby room. I am being given cot, changing table etc and cant get it till my sister moves out and she is having a tonne of trouble finding a place to live. Frustrating but I cant say anything as dont want her to feel like I dont want her around. NOt the case at all.

Feeling sore today, im guessing round ligament pain, feels like the stitch on my left hand side, but a stabbing stitch. Comes and goes during the day. Also have boobs that are aching like mad today. The joys huh!! :)

Hope you ladies are all well and having a great week!

Oh yes the round ligament pain...grrr...not fun eh? A couple weeks ago I had something similar to what you are describing...a real stitch in my left side....sooo painful. Weird feeling. Do you find your boobs have gotten MORE sore in the 2nd tri? My boobs sure have! So the opposite from my last pregnancy!

My boobs have been pretty good up till now, they hurt a little bit in first tri, and havent hurt again till the past couple of days... now just ache all the time. Hoping it doesnt last! They have gotten massive though, I need to do another round of bra shopping!

Yay congrats on the v-day:) mine is tomorrow:) woo hoo! TJ's is a great place in BC to buy cribs strollers etc...but I don't think their in toronto! Or at least I haven't seen them there!
Maria86- I went to a place just north of toronto(I used to live there but relocated toBC) ...I will see if I can find the name of the place that I purchased a couple things at. They carry everything you can imagine, and generally its cheaper than most stores. Its a lot like TJ's. Its just past vaughan/concord area.

Thanks!! I live in Vaughan, so it would be close!! :thumbup:

Ok so the places that we went to purchase big tickets items for our son in 2009 was Dearborn it's on Doncaster, in thornhill (sorry I thought it was vaughan)....some of their stuff was still really expensive, but worth a trip to take a look! Also we went to Simpo in Newmarket(where we lived at the time) it was SUCH a great place! It's about a 20 min drive norht of vaughan, but they have items that aren't found in store anymore, reduced and clearance items that are all brand new. We bought our carseat there! Still paid a bit of money for it but worth it.
When it came to the crib we purchased THAT at babies'R'us...it was on sale...which they quite often offer! We bought our glider for the nursery at Costco...it was $100 cheaper than babies r us for the EXACT same glider.

Shop around...and you can also go to the Baby shows they offer special discounts sometimes! But you do have to pay to get in.

Thanks a lot!

We went to Dearborn and we were unpleasantly surprised. Everything was VERY expensive (cribs started at around $1000) and the service was very pushy. The moment we said that we are only looking, the ladies lost interest in us. Moreover, we were told to buy furniture IMMEDIATELY becuase it takes them 3(!!!!) months to get it.... :growlmad:

At Babies R Us we were given such nice treatment and their furniture takes max 4 weeks!

Yay congrats on the v-day:) mine is tomorrow:) woo hoo! TJ's is a great place in BC to buy cribs strollers etc...but I don't think their in toronto! Or at least I haven't seen them there!
Maria86- I went to a place just north of toronto(I used to live there but relocated toBC) ...I will see if I can find the name of the place that I purchased a couple things at. They carry everything you can imagine, and generally its cheaper than most stores. Its a lot like TJ's. Its just past vaughan/concord area.

Ok so the places that we went to purchase big tickets items for our son in 2009 was Dearborn it's on Doncaster, in thornhill (sorry I thought it was vaughan)....some of their stuff was still really expensive, but worth a trip to take a look! Also we went to Simpo in Newmarket(where we lived at the time) it was SUCH a great place! It's about a 20 min drive norht of vaughan, but they have items that aren't found in store anymore, reduced and clearance items that are all brand new. We bought our carseat there! Still paid a bit of money for it but worth it.
When it came to the crib we purchased THAT at babies'R'us...it was on sale...which they quite often offer! We bought our glider for the nursery at Costco...it was $100 cheaper than babies r us for the EXACT same glider.

Shop around...and you can also go to the Baby shows they offer special discounts sometimes! But you do have to pay to get in.

Thanks a lot!

We went to Dearborn and we were unpleasantly surprised. Everything was VERY expensive (cribs started at around $1000) and the service was very pushy. The moment we said that we are only looking, the ladies lost interest in us. Moreover, we were told to buy furniture IMMEDIATELY becuase it takes them 3(!!!!) months to get it.... :growlmad:

At Babies R Us we were given such nice treatment and their furniture takes max 4 weeks!

oh thats crazy!!!!! Yeah we got a pushy vibe from them too...but we did find a good deal on a couple things at the time...but yes alot of their stuff is ridiculously priced!! I would also check out Simpo...they were EXCELLENT AND the service was great...and there are some great deals there too! But again that was in 2009 so it may have changed but alot of people in York region DO go there, cause it's unique stuff for good prices.

My boobs have been pretty good up till now, they hurt a little bit in first tri, and havent hurt again till the past couple of days... now just ache all the time. Hoping it doesnt last! They have gotten massive though, I need to do another round of bra shopping!

LOL - well I'm with ya on that - I need to do some bra shopping...my boobs are massive too!! My last pregnancy after I gave birth they were a 38 DD! My husband wasn't complaining though :haha:

Thanks a lot!

oh thats crazy!!!!! Yeah we got a pushy vibe from them too...but we did find a good deal on a couple things at the time...but yes alot of their stuff is ridiculously priced!! I would also check out Simpo...they were EXCELLENT AND the service was great...and there are some great deals there too! But again that was in 2009 so it may have changed but alot of people in York region DO go there, cause it's unique stuff for good prices.

Thank you for the tip :thumbup: We will check them out on the weekend!

Got all the furniture delivered yesterday but we're trying to have the patience to clear the nursery completely before opening it up.

The pram came by surprise literally 30 seconds before so had fun putting that together! We couldn't work out how to unswivel the front wheels which resulted in OH taking one of the screws apart and braking the whole wheel but we somehow managed to get it all fixed and now it's working fine :haha:

AH bras,i seriously need some new ones,im sure my bra is the cause of myaching back. Why is it that women need bras and so they make them so friggin expensive, not fair. Off for my 25 week appointment in an hour. Ended up atthemindwives yesterday as i hadnt felt any movement for 2 days,all was ok thoughand the babys heart wastickingaway nicely andnow ive felt lots of movement.

Starting to feel like I am toting around a bowling ball. I feel front heavy! Stairs are also starting to be a challenge, I have to stop to rest halfway up!

oh i know that feeling when climbing the stairs. take it easy, make sure you dont go too fastand get dizzy.

Hey everyone!! Congrats on the V day milestone to those who have passed 24 weeks. I am counting down till mine on Thursday... not too long to go.

Did everyone have a good weekend?? I hope no one was affected by the tornados in the US!!!

I had an okay weekend. My OH got switched to night shift which started Sunday night, so that will take some getting used to :cry: I'm in MI so no tornados here. How was everyone else's weekend?

Don't cry! :hugs: My dh is a truck driver and is gone 24 hr at a time and you get used to have some nights alone! I play WoW on those nights and don't cook properly lol :) :hugs:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. It'll just take some getting used to, and establishing a new routine. I used to LOVE playing WOW!!

Just this moring i have started feeling baby higher up :) He loves to sit really low and the fact my placenta is fundal i havent really felt him a lot above the belly button. But this morning i started feeling him kicking and moving around.

For the ladies in the US - I got my crib and furniture (dresser, rocking chair, ect.) at Burlington Coat Factory surprisingly. I never realized how much baby things they have in their "baby depot" but their SO cheap. I bought all my stuff at the burlington coat factory outlet store, which is even cheaper than the regular store. I got my crib for around $150, and it's solid wood and converts to toddler bed/day bed/ect. The matching dresser I got for around $200 (it's also solid wood, no pressed wood), the glider chair I haven't gotten yet but their only a couple hundred dollars.

Hey everyone!! Congrats on the V day milestone to those who have passed 24 weeks. I am counting down till mine on Thursday... not too long to go.

Did everyone have a good weekend?? I hope no one was affected by the tornados in the US!!!

I had an okay weekend. My OH got switched to night shift which started Sunday night, so that will take some getting used to :cry: I'm in MI so no tornados here. How was everyone else's weekend?

Don't cry! :hugs: My dh is a truck driver and is gone 24 hr at a time and you get used to have some nights alone! I play WoW on those nights and don't cook properly lol :) :hugs:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one. It'll just take some getting used to, and establishing a new routine. I used to LOVE playing WOW!!

I'm glad that I could be of reassurance! It does take getting used to - for example this week I'm alone 3 nights straight... :nope: But I try to think that at least he is not gone for weeks at a time like most drivers :) And given the fact that we work together (I'm in the office) I always know (and make) his schedule :winkwink:

Did you stop playing WoW? Why?

Just this moring i have started feeling baby higher up :) He loves to sit really low and the fact my placenta is fundal i havent really felt him a lot above the belly button. But this morning i started feeling him kicking and moving around.

That's great! :thumbup: Mine is ALWAYS so low... I am starting to wonder if it's normal :shrug::shrug:

I'm 23 wks 6 days, V-Day tomorrow! So excited, as though its my Birthday :haha:

I was 24 weeks yesterday and since then baby has been kicking and moving lots! OH finally got to feel him move for the first time early this morning! He put his hand on my stomach and baby kicked once, OH looked at me and was about to ask me if that was me and then baby kicked three more times in a row. The look on his face was amazing, especially since he would get frustrated all the other times I wanted him to feel the baby move and he couldnt.

I can feel baby move right now, it feels like my stomach is constantly vibrating because he's all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->