June - Eggplants (revised) :)

anyone else doesnt have anything to look forward too? now that i know the sex and everything is okay i am just waiting for june to meet my little guy.
we picked the furniture, will have my shower on april 21, 3D scan on the 23. march, but somehow nothing special is going on, nothing new ... not like around week 17 where i felt movement, had morning sickness, concerned of weight and new things happening ... its bored now

I was getting bored with nothing to look forward to until I booked my 3D scan for the end of March. I'm REALLY looking forward to that, even more than my baby shower!

yeah, but i am also not looking forward to my scan :D it is one day before my daughters 2nd bday...and that makes me crazy sad. but i mean preganncy wise nothing is going to change until the baby comes ...

That's true, except how much bigger we're going to get!!

I was getting bored with nothing to look forward to until I booked my 3D scan for the end of March. I'm REALLY looking forward to that, even more than my baby shower!
Ah, i'm a tiny bit jealous :lol:

I was tempted to have a 3D scan at 28 - 29 weeks just to get another look at LO, but after discussing it with my DH it doesn't look like I am going to have one now. He said he doesn't like them as they make the baby look like a little alien :lol:

I'm not too fussed, it would have just been nice to get another peek at them :flower:

That's too bad!! Has he seen a 3D ultrasound from around 30 weeks? Because my OH really didn't even know what they looked like. Maybe your husband saw one from a lot earlier on in a pregnancy.

Yeah I've heard 3D ultrasounds look a little less alien looking at 30 weeks lol! I really want a 3D ultrasound, just don't want to pay for one! Although I have an u/s coming up on monday afternoon, cause my 21 week scan baby was moving so much they couldn't get a good look at the face...lol...baby is already a little stinker:) love it!

By the way.... I'm an eggplant!!! Woooo hoooo!

Congrats on becoming an eggplant!!!!!!!!! Soooooooo awesome!!!!! How are you doing?? I'm feeling HUGE these days and the weight is really starting to pile on now:( sigh!

Congrats on becoming an eggplant!!!!!!!!! Soooooooo awesome!!!!! How are you doing?? I'm feeling HUGE these days and the weight is really starting to pile on now:( sigh!

same here, since i started gaining ... 3 weeks ago i am piling on 5 lbs a week :D
it needs to stop, well at least a little less gain a week :D

Thank you! I'm doing ok, really tired lately though. My OH got switched to night shift so I haven't been going to bed as early as I used to and I still have to get up at 6 every morning for work :cry:
I've been piling on weight ever since the pregnancy test showed two little lines :haha: but I finally had to break down and buy maternity tops because my bump is getting bigger and bigger!

How are you doing?

Thank you! I'm doing ok, really tired lately though. My OH got switched to night shift so I haven't been going to bed as early as I used to and I still have to get up at 6 every morning for work :cry:
I've been piling on weight ever since the pregnancy test showed two little lines :haha: but I finally had to break down and buy maternity tops because my bump is getting bigger and bigger!

How are you doing?

Oh yes getting up that early is sooo tiring! I hope you are able to rest after work!!!
I'm feeling pretty crappy at the moment...I've had really low blood pressure and severe dizzy spells, but my husband is away and won't be home till tomorrow evening. So I'm going to see a doctor once he's back. :(

Hi girls. My bump has been getting bigger lately and I'm getting uncomfortable! My lower back hurts when I walk around, my belly always feels too full and tight, and I'm gassy and constipated. It's the worst! Last night I had a milkshake for dessert and my belly was so full and uncomfortable. It's making me worry about the next 15 weeks of continued growth. Ugh, my husband is already getting tired of hearing me complain. :( I know that you all are dealing with that plus additional health concerns (jenmcn I hope you can cope with your low blood pressure till your dh gets back, poor thing!) but i know you can understand the discomfort.

same here, since i started gaining ... 3 weeks ago i am piling on 5 lbs a week :D
it needs to stop, well at least a little less gain a week :D
Wow and I thought my 2lbs a week was high :blush:

I was 11 and a half stone before pregnancy, I got weighed yesterday and now I'm 14 stone 10.
I swim twice a week as well!
I don't get it >.<

I was 11 and a half stone before pregnancy, I got weighed yesterday and now I'm 14 stone 10.
I swim twice a week as well!
I don't get it >.<
Some people must just be more prone to putting on weight than others - I wouldn't worry too much about it if your midwife isn't concerned :flower:

I have only put on 12lbs (so just under a stone) compared to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I lost some weight in first tri and I do walk for 1.5 hours most days. I am anticipating having put on another lb or two when I weigh myself on Sunday (I only do it once a week) so that will take me up to a 1 stone gain by 24.5 weeks.

Looks like I just became an eggplant!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I booked a 3d ultrasound and invited my mom and dad to come along. My mom is thrilled but my dad goes " thats not something I would want to see" I get that he is older and a little modest so it might be weird for him but that hurt my feelings a little. He spent all day yesterday working on the babys room so I suppose thats his way of being supportive instead. I found out I am having a girl and we have so much girl stuff purchased, now I read these stories about the techniciams being wrong and I worry that if we find out its a boy I wil be sad and fellike we lost someone, does that make sence? We have named her and think of her as our daughter. I would love my baby even if it was a boy but I already feel like I " know" my daughter and would greve here loss. I hope they can confirm agian at my 3d scan.
Have a great day ladies.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I booked a 3d ultrasound and invited my mom and dad to come along. My mom is thrilled but my dad goes " thats not something I would want to see" I get that he is older and a little modest so it might be weird for him but that hurt my feelings a little. He spent all day yesterday working on the babys room so I suppose thats his way of being supportive instead. I found out I am having a girl and we have so much girl stuff purchased, now I read these stories about the techniciams being wrong and I worry that if we find out its a boy I wil be sad and fellike we lost someone, does that make sence? We have named her and think of her as our daughter. I would love my baby even if it was a boy but I already feel like I " know" my daughter and would greve here loss. I hope they can confirm agian at my 3d scan.
Have a great day ladies.

Sounds like my Dad! I had a 3d scan last week and afterwards I said to my Dad I had some pictures to show him. He got all ready and got his glasses on to look but when he realised what it was he pushed my hand away and said he didn't want to see that! He has refused to look at any scan pictures! He just said he is looking forward to the healthy baby's arrival and meeting her. He isn't comfortable with photos from inside the womb I don't think :haha:

Have a great day ladies.

I'm the same. I've got a 3d scan on 2 April and I'm terrified she'll end up being a boy now, even though I was convinced it was a boy through 1st tri and it took me a while to adjust. She's got girl's clothes, a girly pram and a girl's name so she needs to be a girl!

wow! Just noticed the fantastical spelling/ typos in my post earlier. In my defence it was 530 in the morning. :)

Yes some older men just aren't comfortable with seeing pictures of "the womb"...when you think about it, 30+years ago pregnancy was more hidden, more private...looser clothing etc. Now its a whole different view...we are more opt to show oof our bumps etc. Years ago, men would drop their wives off at the hospital to have the baby, but wouldn't choose to be in the room. Lol! Oh how times have changed!!

ohhh if i would be in labor and my husband would just drop me off i would let all my pain out on him :D at least we would already be in the hospital so they can treat him there right away :D

Yes some older men just aren't comfortable with seeing pictures of "the womb"...when you think about it, 30+years ago pregnancy was more hidden, more private...looser clothing etc. Now its a whole different view...we are more opt to show oof our bumps etc. Years ago, men would drop their wives off at the hospital to have the baby, but wouldn't choose to be in the room. Lol! Oh how times have changed!!

LOL My dh wants to leave me at the hospital :haha: I had to struggle to get him to stay with me during contractions, he can then leave the room for the delivery :dohh:

Finally had LO boot me just now! Have gone about 4 days without feeling anything so was a little concerned, but I am relieved now lol I can't believe I am wanting them to kick me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->