June...here we come!!!

I bought one dress that could be worn as a maternity dress for like 90% off from Kmart when it was closing in December. I had just gotten my BFP (before going in for the first ultrasound) and so excited and hopeful, yet cautious at the time. I didn't want to go overboard. That, and the baby heart rate monitor were the only two things I bought. They are all hard to look at now and I have to hide them.

My RE's not exactly sure if progesterone supplement will really help sustain a pregnancy or not. When he put me on progesterone after my BFP last time he said it was probably too late since we'd like to do this at 3 DPO. But now he's having me take it from 3DPO to 14DPO for three cycles to see if I get a BFP. If not, I will go back and we'll come up with a different plan.

Honestly I don't think I have low progesterone and he's NEVER tested me for it either. So it must doesn't hurt.

Yea, it definitely doesn't hurt... My RE said something similar to yours though... she said P won't maintain a pregnancy unless low P is what's preventing pregnancy or causing m/c to begin with. If it isn't causing these things, then adding it to a normal P level won't change the outcome. Unless of course the patient just needs to lengthen their LP. But I see a lot of REs giving it without testing, so I'm sure they have their reasons.

Look at savvy though! She had pretty short LPs, and she's now prego and didnt get her P supps until a couple of days after getting her BFP! And her hcg way more than doubled! Way to go Savvy!!

Got a + opk! Don't even need the smiley face on this one! And this is after only and hour and a half holding it. But I feel awful. Horrible headache crampy and sleepy. And funny sorry too to make you all laugh. So like I said I'm not feeling well so after I tested I left the opk sitting on the cup with my sample still in it (Just in case I needed to test again) and went and laid down for a minute. Well dh went in and said hey, your ovulating now get your piss off the counter. Lmao I died laughing!
View attachment 772099

LOL Michelle! This a big pos OPK! Have a good BD tonight :thumbup:

My husband still can't read the tests.

I do not have low P either. But seems my office has everyone take it.

Got a + opk! Don't even need the smiley face on this one! And this is after only and hour and a half holding it. But I feel awful. Horrible headache crampy and sleepy. And funny sorry too to make you all laugh. So like I said I'm not feeling well so after I tested I left the opk sitting on the cup with my sample still in it (Just in case I needed to test again) and went and laid down for a minute. Well dh went in and said hey, your ovulating now get your piss off the counter. Lmao I died laughing!
View attachment 772099

yay for your + My DH is so use to test sticks lying around and my cup hanging out on the counter. The only bad thing is if we have company and i'm waiting to O and I forgot to put it all in the box and under the sink. Oh well.

FBG, I don't want to get too much into religion/God but I firmly believe everything happens for a reason, we might not ever understand, but there is definitely a reason. I am glad you are going in for a blood test to check your levels, it will help give you more information. At first after my m/c I didn't want to test early again and then I changed my mind, I figured if I kept m/c early that my doctor would need to know that information. Honestly though, you need to do what you feel is right for your situation. We know you can get pregnant, now you just need a sticky bfp.

Suzy, I don't think extra P ever hurt anyone, but of course I am not a doctor. If you are concerned I would definitely ask about the P labs for 7dpo, at least it would give you peace of mind. My RE told me she likes to see between 10-15 on a natural cycle, mine was 7 in March so she didn't see the need to test again since it proves I was low.

Michelle, yay!! Look at that blazing positive opk! I hope you feel better later too. So funny, I accidentally left my sample cup on the floor of our bathroom, my hubby went to take a shower and was yelling how it stunk so bad and I need to throw my pee out. Whoops!

Erin, thanks! After the nurse confirmed my beta was 34, she immediately sent the progesterone over to my pharmacy. I took it for the first time on 10dpo. I am pretty sure I must have implanted really early this month since my LP was averaging 9 days. Thinking maybe our rough boat ride helped shake the egg down quicker (lol!)

Beaglemom, glad you were able to get a lot accomplished in the garage! My husband has our entire garage to himself, the only thing of mine in there is some gardening tools. I wanted to park in the garage in the winter, it wasn't allowed but it got me an automatic car starter on my new lease...better than nothing!

For anyone new to the thread, I'm 33 and my DH and I got married almost a month ago. We had been TTC for the last 5 years. We started off not too serious, I tried temping and OPKs for a few months and no luck. We just went about or lives for a while thinking maybe it would just happen. Well after a long time it didn't happen so in October of last year we decided to see an OB about our troubles. You can see in my signature what we've tried the last few months and our break for my surgery where I was diagnosed with stage II endometriosis. My tubes, uterus and ovaries were pretty much one big ball of yuck and stuck together.

So now we are on to Femara and right now I am in the TWW. This month I started temping vaginally and my temps are bugging me a bit. The last 2 days they dipped a little, nothing major though. Just need to stay occupied and keep my mind off the wait.

Savvy that is so funny! It had only been there a few minutes too. Lol just the way he said it was hilarious.

Beaglemom cleaning out our garage is on my to do list. Been putting it off because I'm dreading it. Such a big job. So I bet you feel real accomplished! I know I would.

Savvy that is so funny! It had only been there a few minutes too. Lol just the way he said it was hilarious.

Mine unfortunately had been sitting there for most of the day so I know it smelled horrible. I try to be a lot more careful now! :blush:

Another failure last night. I am so upset. I think we have missed our chance for this cycle. I really think O was last night. I am so angry and upset. I am trying to not lash out but it is so hard. I also have to go back to work today.

Another failure last night. I am so upset. I think we have missed our chance for this cycle. I really think O was last night. I am so angry and upset. I am trying to not lash out but it is so hard. I also have to go back to work today.

Sorry about that Beaglemom. Maybe you can try and get a BD in tonight just in case?

Sorry about that Beaglemom. Maybe you can try and get a BD in tonight just in case?

Thanks. I think I am finally starting to feel a bit better. I have a horrible temper (red head). So when I am angry, I just want to fly off the handle. My husband is a pleaser not a fighter. So logically I realize it is unfair to lash out. But emotionally I am drained & exhausted & I feel like he is not taking on his fair share of all of this. But I am finally getting to a better place. He knows I am upset, so no reason to yell at him just to make me feel better at the moment.

I am feeling a bit uncomfortable today. I will be headed to the rest room soon. My first potty break since waking up. Hopefully I will see more cm. The way I feel is like a pressure. It feels more towards my ovaries. It could be constipated pressure, but I don't think it is in the right area. So I think tonight would be a good opportunity to try again.

I will be calling my husband soon to let him know I think we have another shot.

We'll guys, TMI I know sorry but!! When going to the toilet today it had an absolute abundance of CM so I'd say the cough medicine is def doing the trick :) so I guess even tho we b'd last night I think we will be doing it tonight too ;-) x x x

Hope everyone else is doing well x x x

IUI was today and it was the most painful one I have had. All of my others I felt nothing but my RE was out of the office so the nurse did it. Which I was unaware she was going to be the one doing it. Also dh count was only 4million:( thinking of backin up IUI tonight with a bd session if dh isn't too tired. So all in all a less than perfect experience. But hopefully we caught the one egg I had.

IUI was today and it was the most painful one I have had. All of my others I felt nothing but my RE was out of the office so the nurse did it. Which I was unaware she was going to be the one doing it. Also dh count was only 4million:( thinking of backin up IUI tonight with a bd session if dh isn't too tired. So all in all a less than perfect experience. But hopefully we caught the one egg I had.

Good luck lots of :dust: coming your way x x

Last IUI I had was not with the doctor. I am not sure if it was a nurse or PA or whatever, but it was also the most painful I had. I thought maybe it was because that was the first one with the trigger & injections. That was also the only one I ever had spotting with. Was the 4 million past count? I think you said that is all the info they give you...post count. Which reminds me...when I went that is all they gave me. Before we did our sample & brought it in. But the RE does the sample & washing there. So the nurse gave me our number & then a few days later I called to talk to the collector (can't remember what they are officially called) & he gave me the actual count before washing.

I hope this was all enough for you. I know how frustrating all this is...

I am still feeling very uncomfortable & I have more cm. This is the first month on femara alone, so maybe that is why I feel this way. It is similar to my first month on clomid. I hope it is making a super strong egg. I told my husband we still have a shot. We went to lunch together & I did not say anything negative. Just told him I have more signs today & we should give it another shot. Maybe it was releasing yesterday & traveling today ??? I don't know...all the timing still confuses me. But something is def still going on in there. We are not out of the game yet!!!

Last IUI I had was not with the doctor. I am not sure if it was a nurse or PA or whatever, but it was also the most painful I had. I thought maybe it was because that was the first one with the trigger & injections. That was also the only one I ever had spotting with. Was the 4 million past count? I think you said that is all the info they give you...post count. Which reminds me...when I went that is all they gave me. Before we did our sample & brought it in. But the RE does the sample & washing there. So the nurse gave me our number & then a few days later I called to talk to the collector (can't remember what they are officially called) & he gave me the actual count before washing.

I hope this was all enough for you. I know how frustrating all this is...

I am still feeling very uncomfortable & I have more cm. This is the first month on femara alone, so maybe that is why I feel this way. It is similar to my first month on clomid. I hope it is making a super strong egg. I told my husband we still have a shot. We went to lunch together & I did not say anything negative. Just told him I have more signs today & we should give it another shot. Maybe it was releasing yesterday & traveling today ??? I don't know...all the timing still confuses me. But something is def still going on in there. We are not out of the game yet!!!

It just made me realize how great my RE really is! I had some doubts about him with all of our other failed IUIs but today laying there I realized he does know what the hell he is doing! lol I get Dhs numbers before and post. If I am remembering correctly it was the same pre and post. But we had to use a buffer to make sure it kept. Because he left at about 5:30am this morning and appointment wasn't until 7am. So thinking it had something to do with that also. She said that they only require 1million and he had 4 so we are good. But I was thinking the number should be that x5. And DH doesn't think he as any real issues since they say he is ok. But I know better. It should be above 20million. He is taking fertilaid and countboost but guess we aren't seeing any results with that. It doesn't help that he works in a steel mill where it gets really hot and he has to wear a protective suit. I think that heat effects the count too. Plus all those chemicals in there.

Don't count yourself out yet. Give it a go and lay there for a long while. I tell dh when I am just laying there that I am marinating LOL

Good luck Michelle!! Let the TWW begin!! :)

Beaglemom - it sounds like you might not have o'ed yet so if you can get the BD in tonight you still have a chance!

Thanks guys.

Michelle, your husbands count is definitely low. And I do not say this to be discouraging. My husband is right there with him. But we were lucky last time to get a really good post count. We had 9 million which is the highest it has been with all the IUIs...& the precount was only 11 million. So he may not have as many boys, but they are strong...lol. So I had high hopes...but another negative. I really hope this one works. My husband had 1 million, 4 million, 4 million, then 9 million post count. But my first 3 were very badly timed.

If you have not seen the video floridasian mentioned, you should. It makes you feel more hopeful about IUI. The sperm race? Can't remember. But basically with a normal count, way less than a million even make it to the cervix. And with IUI we are putting the best boys there past the main obstacles. And another thing, why does our body attach sperm? I thought we were made to reproduce. Sometimes I wish I had an xray to see what is happening after we have sex. Then I would know if they are making to the egg & what is happening. But I guess we are not advanced enough.

Any other ladies out there just using femara alone & can tell me how O felt? I am pretty sure it is the femara making me feel this way. But it is just a slight discomfort. I hope it does not get more intense tonight.

beaglemom, my girlfriend used femara alone (never triggered or had IUI), and she said her O was always very uncomfortable. She was on the same dose as us. She said it was uncomfortable to walk sometimes. But I have the discomfort with the Femara and the trigger together. After both my IUIs for me, it was pretty bad. Btw, so happy you probably have this extra day and didn't miss it!! I'm sure DH won't let you down tonight knowing you guys got an extra chance! :)

Michelle, so sorry for the painful IUI! So far, my IUIs have only been done by my RE, and they were painless. For me, the discomfort comes after the fact, when I think my O must be occurring. Don't worry about just one egg! My RE said they only ever look for one or two anyway, because it only takes one egg to get prego. It's probably a good strong one. :) GL!

Bluebear, how nice that the cough syrup seems to be working! It helped me too. I was on clomid at the time though, and I had actual hostile cm. The cough syrup only gave me a tiny bit of stretchy CM, but it def got rid of the hostile stuff for sure, which i was excited about. Since I've been on Femara though, no hostile CM at all. i'm so glad it worked so well for you!

Hi to everyone else!! Hope you're all having a great day!

AFM, I went in today for my P test. This time they tested it at 5dpo (my chart says 4dpo, but there was that whole 2-eggs-2-different-days thing). They did it earlier than the standard 7dpo because I'm supposed to start the Lupron this week, and they have to make sure my P is good. My number was 38.7! Just to give you an idea... last cycle, at 7dpo, my number was 21, and they said that was good. This time at only 5dpo, its already 38.7. So that must be what happens when there are two follies releasing P...? That's the only thing I can think of. Anyway, I start the Lupron tomorrow. The nurse said they will do the hcg quant at 10dpo, so that's even better than the other nurse said. I know they think I'm crazy paranoid since they've told me time and again Lupron doesnt affect implantation or anything at all... but they're being very sweet about my craziness. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->