June mommies

so heres my story, I am due june 5th had my appointment today at 29 weeks the hospital never sent dr my scan results from my rescan on the 21st of feb at 25 weeks, I had blood work last week nothing was said about that either today they were more concerned with the swelling, nurse said blood pressure was high so now I have to go back to dr. in a week for a check up. I have a feeling he is gonna take me off work. he asked if i could get more rest, but i am in retail and work 44 hrs a week, my work tried to tell me that i have no vacation accrued and they are only paying me 10 hr for last week, my manager is trying to fight that, so my other 2 weeks apparently are not available to me, I told the dr this and reminded him that i have 2 children at home so very doubtful to get rest and put my feet up, I am worried about going next monday that it is gonna be worse, baby is definetly not ready to come and i really cant be put on bed rest. sorry about the length had to vent some where. I was hoping to work till 36 weeks but have a feeling im not even gonna make it to 32 weeks. Heres to hoping that my blood pressure can go back down and not get worse
thanks ladies for reading even if no reply i needed that

Hey hon. No advice but sending hugs, I feel your pain. I've been on bed rest since 16 weeks with high bp, last night it was up to 198/125, think they're giving me steroids next week as well as a growth scan but it's likely our (very) little one will be coming before 32 weeks too.

Hey hon. No advice but sending hugs, I feel your pain. I've been on bed rest since 16 weeks with high bp, last night it was up to 198/125, think they're giving me steroids next week as well as a growth scan but it's likely our (very) little one will be coming before 32 weeks too.

hey sorry to hear, :hugs: to u too i am hoping to make it to at least 34 weeks if possible i am thinking i wont go full term for sure dont think bp will go down[/QUOTE]

Hi Mommy12, can I ask what your BP was?
I hope that you get good news at your next appt, keep us updated :flower:

Dinah,other than bed rest can I ask what appts you are scheduled for and are they continuing with scans?

The reason I ask is with my last pregnancy I had HBP, the highest was only 140/90, I was seen once a week to take bloods,BP and check urine, I went full term.
This time my BP has been fine at 130/80 but due to borderline BP last time, I am having growth scans every 4 weeks and being checked 3 times a week by my midwife? Does this seem a bit excessive to you? Xx

hey ladies, I also have bad groin pain but midwife wont entertain the idea of SPD. it does hurt to get up out of bed, to roll over on my side, to walk and to sleep too. It made swimming impossible well I have not been able to swim or exercise since second trimester the pain is pretty bad. Any ideas on what to do?
I have tried heat therapy and using different safe creams outside the affected area but that does not last...

I know how you feel....:flower:

:hugs: yes its hard going isn't it? I know people say its more difficult after the birth to walk around and so on but after such a hard pregnancy I think a little pain will be a major relief compared to this.

so heres my story, I am due june 5th had my appointment today at 29 weeks the hospital never sent dr my scan results from my rescan on the 21st of feb at 25 weeks, I had blood work last week nothing was said about that either today they were more concerned with the swelling, nurse said blood pressure was high so now I have to go back to dr. in a week for a check up. I have a feeling he is gonna take me off work. he asked if i could get more rest, but i am in retail and work 44 hrs a week, my work tried to tell me that i have no vacation accrued and they are only paying me 10 hr for last week, my manager is trying to fight that, so my other 2 weeks apparently are not available to me, I told the dr this and reminded him that i have 2 children at home so very doubtful to get rest and put my feet up, I am worried about going next monday that it is gonna be worse, baby is definetly not ready to come and i really cant be put on bed rest. sorry about the length had to vent some where. I was hoping to work till 36 weeks but have a feeling im not even gonna make it to 32 weeks. Heres to hoping that my blood pressure can go back down and not get worse

hey sorry to hear, :hugs: to u too i am hoping to make it to at least 34 weeks if possible i am thinking i wont go full term for sure dont think bp will go down

Dinah,other than bed rest can I ask what appts you are scheduled for and are they continuing with scans?

The reason I ask is with my last pregnancy I had HBP, the highest was only 140/90, I was seen once a week to take bloods,BP and check urine, I went full term.
This time my BP has been fine at 130/80 but due to borderline BP last time, I am having growth scans every 4 weeks and being checked 3 times a week by my midwife? Does this seem a bit excessive to you? Xx[/QUOTE]

I have consultant and growth scans every 4 weeks, midwife check once a week. I also end up at the hospital day assesment on average once a week, and 5/6 times they then admit me to the ward, where I stay 1-3 nights and see a few doctors while I'm there. On the ward again now, medication has been upped again so bp is now running at aboout 150/105, still a bit high for my liking. Had first steroids today. Three times a week does seem a lot when your bp is fine, but pre-e can come on very suddenly I guess?

hey sorry to hear, :hugs: to u too i am hoping to make it to at least 34 weeks if possible i am thinking i wont go full term for sure dont think bp will go down

This time my BP has been fine at 130/80 but due to borderline BP last time, I am having growth scans every 4 weeks and being checked 3 times a week by my midwife? Does this seem a bit excessive to you? Xx

I have consultant and growth scans every 4 weeks, midwife check once a week. I also end up at the hospital day assesment on average once a week, and 5/6 times they then admit me to the ward, where I stay 1-3 nights and see a few doctors while I'm there. On the ward again now, medication has been upped again so bp is now running at aboout 150/105, still a bit high for my liking. Had first steroids today. Three times a week does seem a lot when your bp is fine, but pre-e can come on very suddenly I guess?[/QUOTE]

i am not totally sure, I didnt ask dont want to realy know it will only scare me i think. the nurse just said it was high and the dr he wants to see me in a week so i am going monday evening i will let u guys know how i make out i will find out numbers

I'm just peeking in on the third trimester, a tad scared to fully move over... Hope you all don't mind me peeking in.

I am due June 28th with a boy. Super excited! I am a 12 hr rotating shift worker at a nuclear plant. We have an outage that starts in two weeks and lasts until May 6th. Hoping it helps to keep the time moving!

I'm just peeking in on the third trimester, a tad scared to fully move over... Hope you all don't mind me peeking in.

I am due June 28th with a boy. Super excited! I am a 12 hr rotating shift worker at a nuclear plant. We have an outage that starts in two weeks and lasts until May 6th. Hoping it helps to keep the time moving!

Hi Stevielyn, I'm due June 27th with a girl and I've been doing the same the past few days! Making the transition easier to keep popping over and reading threads. We'll be fully fledged over here in 3rd and old timers before we know it! Xx

Hi ladies, hope you're all having a happy Friday! :flower: I'm off work all next week, going on a wee trip up the Highlands and to Skye, woohoo!

I know there's a lot of people with high blood pressure issues, is there anyone with low? I'm monitoring mine at home every day because I've had high bp spikes once or twice pre-pregnancy. It's generally been very stable, between 115-125 over 70. But the last four days, it's been dropping steadily and last reading was 105 over 60. At this point there aren't enough measurements for me to be confident it's a real trend and not just natural fluctuation - I'm going to keep monitoring till I have at least 10 days worth of measurements confirming the trend, then get in touch with the midwife. Of course if it starts dropping a lot, or if I get symptoms of low blood pressure like dizziness or fainting, I will get checked out right away, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this?

Sorry not me Bumpycat. Low bp can be just as dangerous so I probably wouldn't wait as long as 10 days. My sisters have low bps and are prone to fainting. I have no idea what causes that though.

So far (touch wood) my bp has been okay, but my mum had pre-eclampsia in two of her pregnancies. She was fine until 30wks and that's when things went wrong. From 30 wks I've been encouraged to go and get my bp checked weekly. My mum also became dangerously anaemic around this time so I need to be watchful of that too.

Sorry not me Bumpycat. Low bp can be just as dangerous so I probably wouldn't wait as long as 10 days. My sisters have low bps and are prone to fainting. I have no idea what causes that though.

So far (touch wood) my bp has been okay, but my mum had pre-eclampsia in two of her pregnancies. She was fine until 30wks and that's when things went wrong. From 30 wks I've been encouraged to go and get my bp checked weekly. My mum also became dangerously anaemic around this time so I need to be watchful of that too.

It's not super low ... 105 is still fairly normal I think. But you are right, 10 days might be too long. If it keeps going down or stays low over the weekend I will get checked on Monday. Thanks! :flower:

Hey guys I'm due 19th June with a little girl, I hope everything's okay with everyone :flower: x

I'm due June 29th (so technically I have one more week to pop in here) but I am sharing my reading between 2nd and 3rd trimester because I don't really quite fit in either haha! anyways SO excited to be so far along! :) can't wait till June comes and we all get our turns to hold our babies!

i'm due June 28th so technically i'm not supposed to be over here until 6 days but couldn't help myself! :haha:
it feels so weird how fast the time's gone!

Well I'm still in the second trimester but have a scheduled c-section on June 28 :) so I kind of fit with you ladies in how much time we have left!!! I too am splitting my time reading between both 2nd and 3r tri.

Getting close ladies lol i just keep thinking that as soom as april comes i can say my baby MIGHT be here next month :wacko: with any luck! Im tired of being pregnant now and i just wanna get my hands on my little man and munch his chubby cheeks and smell his hair :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->