Just joining in

I am so not a cruise person either. Boats freak me out. However, I'd be glad to fly out to the Caribbean and meet the family instead. I'm so meant to live in the tropics. This snow and ice is for crazy people!
Congrats and welcome Caribbean! I have a big age gap too. Had my boys close in age (16, 13, 11) and then decided at 35 I wasnt done. Got my girl at age 36! The plus side is I have more helpers. And so what if I get crazy looks and comments. It's great. We decided to have another to give my baby Noelle a little playmate. Hoping so hard for another girl but I'm feeling boy.

My daughter is SO excited. She said "FINALLY!" :rofl:
I keep saying 'she' for our little 4 week old poppyseed, but I am not sure if that's because I only have a 'she'! I had a weird dream where my husband's two sons came to stay with us (teens) and we hadn't ever met them before so we were trying to get to know them. He doesn't have any kids! So maybe that's a sign... :blue:

Also, it's only a 2 hour 20 min flight from Florida... as opposed to 238321 days stuck on a boat. (if that is not accurate, then that's what it would feel like!) A lot more time to relax and get sand in your knickers if you fly down.

mumatmadhouse- that is definitely a unique situation! Good luck! I hope you're able to keep things under wraps for now!

Carribean- sounds lovely! I think my parents would also push for some sort of destination wedding for OH and I. They're not so old fashioned that they would be upset about a baby out of wedlock (despite being quite Catholic), but they just want a wedding! PS- they've already got to enjoy my first wedding when I was 22, so I don't see the need for another one!

Hi all, good to see a few of us in the same boat, lol. I think we are actually clsssed as geriatric mothers past a certain age! Can you believe that?!
I have a whole other problem with my antenatal care. I have yet to make a gp appointment as I am*quite worried about the midwife letting slip to my daughter accidently. We are going to end up under the same midwives! I really don't want the kids finding out yet due to the losses we've had. As for my daughter I think she may disown me! I really hope they don't get confused with 2 of us at the same address.
Hope everyone is doing well xx

You're right about the "old" part. My paperwork says "elderly multigravida". Lol. I think they need to change that term.

Can ur mw say anything to ur daughter? Here that would be a violation that they could get fined for. Hopefully she won't.

You're right about the "old" part. My paperwork says "elderly multigravida". Lol. I think they need to change that term.

OMG that made me laugh so hard. :rofl: I hope I don't see that on my paperwork! Elderly?!

Thank goodness I'm only noted as advanced maternal age. I'll take it. Though the midwives keep referring to me as an older mom. I guess they haven't heard that 30 something is the new 20 something. Sheesh.
Anybody go for their first appointment yet? I went in today and had blood taken with a repeat Saturday to make sure they double. I'll get the results Monday. So I get to wonder all weekend. Great.

I have everything crossed for you love4you xx

I have decided to make the gp app and give them my mobile number to call instead of the house phone and instructions that they are only to speak to me. That should keep it private, hopefully.

I am very very happy to report morning sickness this morning! Yay! i figure that if I can get up before the kids in the mornings then the sickness should have passed by the time they get up, lol. I am seriously seeing the funny side of all this. I feel like a special agent on a top secret mission, hahaha!

Good to hear everyone is doing well xx

I'm thoroughly amused at the whole situation as well muma. I wish I could be there when you make the announcement!
Love that you find the humor in it as well 😊
Well the doctor didn't call me back last night like they said with my first set of numbers. Today's mission is harassing phone calls til they follow through.
Appreciate the good wishes!

I won't be able to get an appointment until my 7th or 8th week as I am currently in the Caribbean and won't be back in Australia until the 20th Dec.. so I have to wait until after Christmas.. I might be able to sneak in an appt before then, but only if there is an available time.

Madhousemum - I would feel paranoid!! I am glad your morning sickness isn't too bad so you can cover it. I feel rotten most of the day at the moment so I don't even want to see anyone in case they suspect!

I'm definitely not telling any of the family until sometime in January. With this being my 5th, I'm going to start showing any day now. I have zero abdominal muscles left. I'll just let everybody think I'm still holding onto old baby weight. I don't want to be the topic of discussion at Christmas!
So got my first beta done. Level was 138 for 14 dpo. OB was happy but still a wait and see til after Saturdays draw.
Keep your fingers crossed!

I made sure my daughter was the very first person to know after my husband. She's part of this so I wanted her to feel like a part of it. I think she's worried my new husband (not her dad) will just create our own new family and leave her out of it, which is very far from the case but 14 yr old girls can be a liiiiittle hormonal at times :wacko:

I told my mum because she's my mum :D We are telling my in-laws on Sunday, for 2 reasons -
1. We won't see them again until February and I want them to know before others.
2. They are looking at booking a holiday in August next year, but my husband and his mother are the two partners in a law firm so they can't both be away at the same time, and I am wanting my husband to be in Australia with me, having our baby!

I told my 3 very old friends, because two of them have babies, one is TTC. All of them are amazing support and I know no matter what happens, they would be there for me so I trust them.

Oh I told my family and some co-workers as I'm a nurse and I can't lift patients anymore. But hubby's family will be obnoxious about it and I'm not hearing it during the holidays.
And yes, you definitely need your hubby in August 😉

I am sorry they will be obnoxious :( Is there a reason why? (sorry for prying)

They'll just make comments about already having 4 and our ages because they think they're funny when they're not. They're just a big dysfunctional family and they never think before they speak. I'm happy right now and I know they'll ruin it somehow with some unnecessary comment. Plus with the alcohol flowing they may say something in front of my kids.
Think I'll tell them on Facebook next year. When I had my daughter in 2013 they didn't even call or send a card or anything. So it's not like they really care. It's fine. They're his family, not mine.
Sorry for the rant.

No that's fine :) I am sorry they are like that... not much you can do to change them, I guess. They don't deserve to know at any special time if they don't give a crap.

My mother is so obsessed with my brother's 3 babies (all under 4) that she seems to forget she also has a 14 yr old grandchild. Mum said something about potty training with my niece and I said gross (because it was TMI that wasn't needed for the story) and she said "well if you want to have babies, you need to know things like this!" I looked over at my teenage child and we gave each other a look. Really? Yeah only been a mother for 14 years, I am sure my brother's wife who has been a mother for 3 years could sure teach me something. Gah! /rant lol

I just called her and told her that #5 grandchild is on its way. But the in laws have no grandchildren yet so we are doing a special present opening surprise with them tomorrow :)

Aw, I'm sure the in-laws will be beyond thrilled. New babies should always be something to celebrate!
My mother is happy because I'm happy and I think that's just how the rest of the world should react as well.
You should video the new grandparent reaction 😀
And I do think the older kids get left out. Everybody wants to hold/cuddle little ones and older siblings can get forgotten a bit. I know I'm guilty of that. I have to remind myself to try to take extra time for my older kids.

Yeah I watched all of the announcement surprise videos, which gave me the idea for the balloon floating up out of a box with a poem attached :)

Hi ladies! :hi:
I hope it's ok to chime in here. I'm 38 and expecting baby #8! Yes, it was planned & yes we own a tv :haha: We just really find so much joy in our big family. I will be 39 in April & I am 'advanced maternal' age too. At this point I'm sure no one is really surprised we are pregnant again. My oldest (14) is very unhappy. She has a hard time being the oldest of 7 now. It is extremely uncommon where we live to have a big family. Plus she thinks I'm too old. My dh is 54 & most definitely done after this one!
We told most of the family. I haven't made it fb official yet. I don't want to hear any criticism. I don't know why people think it's ok to judge each other's decisions, especially regarding having children.

Congratulations Mama! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months! :wohoo:

Congratulations on 8! Very exciting!! I too love the joy and chaos a big family brings. If we had more room and money than I'd prob have a 6th.
And totally agreed on the outside criticism. I know I don't ask for opinions nor do I ask for help raising them so I'm not sure why everybody is so free to be rude?
Just tell everybody you wanted an even number 😉

Wish I was pregnant again lol and my preemie is barely 2 months old. She is not even in the full term stage yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->