Just joining in

Just wanted to jump in and wish you all the best. And a big ole Congratulations!! And about age, well, I was 45 when I got pregnant and 46 when I had my little girl. I had been told I couldn't have kids when I was younger, so this was quite the surprise. Actually, thought I was going thru pre menopause when I started getting pregnancy symptoms. Anyways, I will be 48 in three days and I'm chasing after an 18 month old and it's absolutely WONDERFUL! I always say she's the best thing that ever happened to this old woman LOL Congrats again!!

Congrats on your baby kiwi! She's beautiful!!
And you could be pregnant for me! I'm a grumpy one 😉

Thank you Scout! I love hearing good stories about us older moms. Makes me feel better 😃

Congrats on your baby kiwi! She's beautiful!!
And you could be pregnant for me! I'm a grumpy one 😉

Thank you so much hun! :rofl: I would glady experience it for you! If only that were possible :haha:.

Got my second beta level and it doubled to 300. So my OB is happy. But now I have an early ultrasound booked for next Tuesday to see if the pregnancy is implanted in the right spot. Another thing to worry about.
How is everybody else?

Hey everyone :) I have been MIA with a terrible migraine, and I can't really take anything for it so I've been (im)patiently waiting for it to go away on its own. It sucked!!!

Shary - Sorry the witch got you :(

Love4You - Good to hear your beta levels doubled :D

LuvAllMyH - I don't think it's anyone else's business what you do with your family or how big it is. It's YOUR family! Your 14 yr old is probably just grossed out that her parents are having sex :haha: My 14 yr old is very happy because she will no longer be an only child, and she LOVES babies, and I LOVE having a child old enough to be able to help!

So we did the surprise announcement to the in laws on Sunday. We picked his parents up from the airport and took them back to their place. We'd already dropped around there an hour before to leave the giant gift bag on their table. So my mother in law opened it and a helium balloon floated up to the ceiling with 'New Baby' on it, and dangling from it was a pacifier and a print out of that poem 'I do not have a face to see....' and they were THRILLED! His mum was like 'already!?' (since we only got married in July) I said 'I am 37! We don't mess around' lol They are very, very happy and looking forward to their first grandbaby together.

Aw, Caribbean! That is adorable!! I love to hear cute stories like that.
I have no patience and just blurt it out as soon as I find out (well to my immediate family)
Hubby is a wait and see kinda guy so he won't share until after the 12 week scan.

I told EVERYONE I knew when I was pregnant with my daughter, but this time around, I have been a bit more cautious. Also, I didn't find out until 5/6 weeks with her, and I got a BFP at 3.5 weeks this time, so WAY earlier! I am also out of the country, so my friends can't see me which makes it easier not to say anything. Two of my friends had miscarriages earlier in the year, one of them VERY bitter I got married (and she didn't) and that we were trying for a baby. So I am dreading telling her and getting the bitter resentment to try and spoil my happiness. She did it about my engagement ("wtf?! You've known him for FIVE minutes"), and my wedding ("well, at least ONE of us is getting married...") , so she's not getting this one too!
Once I get home (20th) I will have to start telling people, because I am so bloated people will realise I either got knocked up or gained a bunch of weight lol and my pride won't let them think that :blush:

I'm totally with you on the bloat! Granted this is my 5th baby but I look 4 months pregnant!! Trying to figure out what I can wear to disguise the belly during Xmas? I figure most will just think I gained weight!
And that sucks about your friend. Nothing like somebody trying to take away your joy. You may need to keep your space until she gets over it.

I normally have a belly anyway, as my daughter was 11lbs 4 and my body never bounced back, but as soon as I eat, I look 4 or 5 months pregnant and it's all up high so it isn't just post baby belly chub... very hard to hide! I have been wearing loose shirts that I am sure make me look fat but right now it's all I have lol

I love when people think they are covertly staring at your belly. I know they're trying to guess. I'm trying to figure out something cute and slimming for the holidays.

I love when people think they are covertly staring at your belly. I know they're trying to guess. I'm trying to figure out something cute and slimming for the holidays.

I noticed after I told my husband's co-worker, her husband kept trying to get glimpses of my belly. Let's face it I am a bit of a fatty anyway so I am sure he was thinking 'How can you tell?' :haha: I've just gone from pudgy to very pudgy!

You know it's bad when your scrub pants are suddenly too tight. And they're draw-string too!! I look 4-5 months pregnant right now. There better be a sticky baby in there for this much bloat!!

I've been in full maternity wear since 7w! I know its just crazy bloat, but trying to squeeze into regular clothes just made me look lumpy and fat. It also made my sickness worse!

Fortunately I wear scrubs to work. At home I'm living in yoga pants and jammies. My tummy is ridiculous. Bloat should not get that BIG!

Hahah I am glad I'm not alone. I feel ridiculous only being 6 weeks in and feeling like I almost have to waddle :haha: I definitely didn't feel like this the first time around!

I'm with you. I'm feeling a little self conscious with my size. And I still have nothing cute to wear to Christmas dinner.

I just bought us some silly Christmas shirts to wear for Christmas. Mine is the same size as my 6 foot 4, 250 lb husband :sad2: and will probably strain across my boobs after eating :haha:

That's adorable! I just bought a pair of maternity jeans and some stretchy shirts. Couldn't find anything really holiday fun to wear. And there's no way this bloaty bump will fool anybody. Guess the family will find out next week. I'll keep you posted as to their reactions.

I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday, where she did a urine test to confirm pregnancy, which came up with a very strong dark line within a few seconds. Even though I know I am pregnant, it's always reassuring to confirm you're not crazy lol..

I have my first ultrasound scan on the 5th of January, so just under 2 weeks away. I am really looking forward to that!

Right now, just relaxing and getting into the holiday mood. We are finally putting up our tree today, 2 days before Christmas :haha: but we only got home from overseas on the weekend so that's a good excuse!

I feel so bloated and 'pregnant'. I am getting little crampy pains behind my belly button which don't feel too nice but I know it's normal. My boobs are gigantic and still very sore. I have had no food aversions yet, nor much nausea since week 3. I felt a bit icky yesterday morning before the doctor's appointment, like I hadn't eaten for a whole day, even though I had breakfast a few hours beforehand. So maybe that's the start of morning sickness. Not too bad, so far.

Hope you're having a lovely Christmas, looking forward to hearing about your family's reactions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->