Just joining in

Love4you

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I'm 38 and newly pregnant with number 5. I'm still in shock!! I'm feeling a little anxious being an older mom. Hoping to find some ladies to share the journey with. 😊

Nice to meet you love4you!
I am also 38 and almost 6 weeks pregnant with number 6. Nice to know I am not the only mad one here, lol. How old are your children?

My kids are 16, 13, 11, and 1. At 35 I had a midlife crisis and decided I needed more babies. And now I'm starting all over again. People think I'm crazy!
I see we have a few about the same age.
I'm feeling a bit anxious about being an older mom. Google is not my friend!

Lol, I get the "are you crazy?" looks too!

We had intended to stop at 3 until I hit my 30's and decided I wanted more.
We also homeschool our 3 youngest. Our almost 17yr old is in college. It's a bit of a madhouse here but we love it ;)

I am desperately trying to stay away from Google, lol. Oh, and I am due to become a grandparent in march! Needless to say we are keeping this quiet for as long as possible xx

Oh my goodness! Grandma and mama!! That's fantastic!!

Things aren't going that great right now, have cramps and spotting. Feeling sad,

I'm 37 and 34 wks with my 5th. When I get looks or the " wows" I just mention my neighbor who is in her early 40's and pg with her 11th. Makes 5 look like nothing, lol.

LOL if you get crazy looks I wonder if I will also.

This will be my first at 38! almost 39 or possibly 39 when this one is born!

I am so very excited and nervous for this pregnancy :wacko:

I'm 38 and newly pregnant with our first too! To be honest, it's only been recently that I've felt old enough to be a mother :lol:

I had my boys when I was in my early twenties and my daughter at 36. I'm definitely better prepared financial and more mature. Think I had more energy in my twenties though 😉
Love that there are so many of us!
When does everybody have their first appointment and scans booked?
I just switched to a new OB group and I have my meeting with the nurse on 12/18. Hope I get my ultrasound soon after. My last OB gave ultrasounds at 8 weeks. Peace of mind.

I have two appointments booked for 17 Dec- one with my GP, who will probably just tell me to take folic acid and calculate my EDD which I already know, but it will also get me into the midwife system. I like my GP too so it'll be nice to tell her! She did everything she could for me on the NHS. I also have a private early scan booked that evening with the FS I saw.

I'm jealous of your early scan! You'll have to keep us posted 😊
I'm having regrets about switching OBs. I'm not good with change and the not knowing is making me a little crazy! I loved my old group but they're 35 min away and this group is 15 min away. It's not a big deal when you're only going once a month but I had gestational diabetes with my last and was there 3-4 times a week for 3 months. It was a lot to juggle especially having other kids at home.

Even though I like my GP, I'm going to switch practices because we've moved recently too, and there's another one that looks good that's just a 4 min walk from our house. Hopefully I'll get a good GP there too! I'd probably have waited for the scan but I'm flying to the US for Christmas so wanted a bit of reassurance before then.

Wow that is close! I'd be switching too. It is hard when you're comfortable where you are. But time is precious.
Hopefully that early scan will give you peace of mind to enjoy your vacation.
I live in the US. Hope you're going someplace warm. I'm in Connecticut (near Boston and New York City) and I'm freezing already!!!

Brrrr! I am American (actually a dual citizen now), so I'm going to visit my parents in North Carolina. Usually it's fairly warm there, but they do get the occasional cold days too, even snow occasionally! I lived in NJ when I was little though so remember what winter is like up there!

Fezzle you're always welcome to fly a little further south instead ;) lol

I am popping my head in over here! Saying hello and introducing myself. I am 37 (38 in January) and this will be my second, after 15 years. I am surprised it only took us a few cycles! We didn't do anything special for the first couple of cycles but my husband started on FertilAid and the Motility vitamins just in October, and we also used pre-seed this month, and I charted and temped. Apparently that works quite well!

Hi Carribean! I am tempted from all your photos on the other thread! Because my grandma passed away in Jan., the family has inherited a good bit of money, my parents are really keen on us all going on a cruise- them, me and OH and my brother and his girlfriend. My brother and I are so not cruise people so we've been resisting it for ages, so I think I've finally found a way out of it! lol

I am so not a cruise person either. Boats freak me out. However, I'd be glad to fly out to the Caribbean and meet the family instead. I'm so meant to live in the tropics. This snow and ice is for crazy people!
Congrats and welcome Caribbean! I have a big age gap too. Had my boys close in age (16, 13, 11) and then decided at 35 I wasnt done. Got my girl at age 36! The plus side is I have more helpers. And so what if I get crazy looks and comments. It's great. We decided to have another to give my baby Noelle a little playmate. Hoping so hard for another girl but I'm feeling boy.

Hi all, good to see a few of us in the same boat, lol. I think we are actually clsssed as geriatric mothers past a certain age! Can you believe that?!
I have a whole other problem with my antenatal care. I have yet to make a gp appointment as I am*quite worried about the midwife letting slip to my daughter accidently. We are going to end up under the same midwives! I really don't want the kids finding out yet due to the losses we've had. As for my daughter I think she may disown me! I really hope they don't get confused with 2 of us at the same address.
Hope everyone is doing well xx

I could see how that would make things awkward. I actually ran into my mother in law at my OB appt when I was pregnant with my 2nd son. It was still a secret and we made awkward small talk in the waiting room. Then the nurse brought her chart into my exam room. I always wondered if they brought mine into hers as well.
Is there a different midwife group you can join?
If not then just make really certain that they understand that everybody needs to keep quiet.
I have a quick appt with the OB tomorrow morning. Have to get my Rhogam shot because of the spotting. Too early for any scans so I'll just wait and hope for the best.

Hi Carribean! I am tempted from all your photos on the other thread! Because my grandma passed away in Jan., the family has inherited a good bit of money, my parents are really keen on us all going on a cruise- them, me and OH and my brother and his girlfriend. My brother and I are so not cruise people so we've been resisting it for ages, so I think I've finally found a way out of it! lol

Just picture us, Fezzle!! We could be relaxing on deckchairs under an umbrella.. having someone bring us virgin pina coladas.... having someone else rub oil on our fat bellies :haha: Well I will be doing that either way! (not the oil bit... weird lol) so now you can just be there too and wave to your parent's cruise ship as it sails by. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->