Proud Single Mum to Eli
Reaction score
Really appreciates every1 askin bout Eli
but would like to not be asked
anymore.. not tryin to be awkward
but we 're already impatient to
meet him nd it' s not
helping. ..thanks .

I hope no1 thinks I'm bein a bitch..MW came over today to do a sweep but my cervix is completely closed (she did say it's softened though) I'm jus so gutted. Had pinned all my hopes on her bein able to do it and possibly havin a baby by tomow :-( Ugh feel so depressed nd disheartened. LAst thing I want is to be induced but have had to be booked in for one on the 9th incase second sweep doesn't work. Help ladies, I need some advice/hope :-(

oh hun so sorry sweep didnt work :( its really anoying when we dont get the news we are after.... but on the bright side it can start to ripen so fast and by next week you could have more luck... x chin up

I posted "To answer everyones questions, the answers are NO.... NOT YET..... and NOTHING!!"

Had a few humourous replys, but at least it stopped the numerous posts lol! x

Sorry to hear that - the 9th is still ages away though so plenty of time to go into labour naturally.

Have you tried EPO and bouncing on a gym ball? They may not send you into labour but the EPO could help make your cervix more favourable for a sweep and I think the gym ball is what's helped move my LO down as far as she is.

my sisters cervix was closed so her midwife couldnt do a sweep, she was gutted but the next night her waters went anyway. Dont loose hope this pregnancy stuff is so unpredictable.

I Had an attempted sweep at 40+4 with charlie and she couldnt do it for the same reason as you, he was born at 40+5, i had a sweep at 40 weeks with harry and then one again at 41 and he didnt come untill 41+3! i know it probably isnt what you want too hear but the baby will come when its ready try to relax and remember it wont stay in there forever i know it seems like a long time, when i was 10 days past my edd i felt like i had been pregnant forever now harry is coming up to his 1st birthday and im wondering where the time has gone! its only a small amount of time in comparison to how long you have already been pregnant for it WILL happen! Also if it hasnt happend by the 9th and you really really dont want to be induced then you dont Have to be, you can disscuss additional monitoring with your MW, i understand that people asking all the time can get you down but remember your growing a baby and these things take time, LO obviously isnt ready yet :) i hope things start to move along for you soon, in the mean time try and go for a big long walk that helpe me along both times xx

i know exactly how you feel, i'm so sick of people texting / posting on my fb saying "is he here yet?" or "when's he coming!?" How do i know?! They must think i can just be all "hmmmm... definitely will be here in 3 days, 2 hours and 4 mins." -___-

*sigh* :p

I'm booked in for my sweep next week, nervous on how it will go! Chin up :) Your LO will be here before you know it!

:hug: xx

ohh i am SO going to post this when the questions start coming in!!

Can you believe, at work today, a coworker actually said ", oh are you still pregnant?"... did she not see the belly?? geesh i have 5 whole weeks to go!

I liked this status huni!

I am going to change mine to 'Yes I'm very aware I'm small but my baby is definately due in 2 weeks...!!!'

Someone actually told me last week I might be having a dwarf baby :( Lovely! X

Good for you! It is so annoying having people ask all the time. don't they think you would say something if something was going on???

Good for you! It is so annoying having people ask all the time. don't they think you would say something if something was going on???

EXACTLY!! Everyone knows me knows how excited my OH and I are to meet our son, and that I'm practically addicted to Facebook....I'm on it at least 5 times a day and that as soon as there's "any news" they will know about it :growlmad::growlmad:

Don't be mean to your friends everyone! They mean well by asking its not to annoy you.

It must be so bad for you! I'm not even due for another 10 days, and today alone I've had 6 people ask me if hes been born yet, I hate to think how it must be for you! Hopefully they get the message! :hugs:

One of my guides asked me what day the baby was due? I told her...how long is a
piece of string?? Lol

Good on you for putting your feelings up on facebook! I hope your time comes soon :) x

I keep getting comments like 'you look like you are ready to give birth any minute!' and 'are you sure there's not twins in there' ...thanks, I feel so much better now...I know I'm probably being over sensitive and people probably only mean well but sometimes I wish they'd just keep their thoughts to themselves :-|

I hope your lil one decides to make an apperance sooner rather than later for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->