Kash Robert Patrick has arrived <3

Hi Mel! Thanks for the update! :) Awww, I hope Kash's diaper rash goes away soon. Oh, a blocked milk duct sounds really painful! Ouch.

How was the baby shower? That's really cute that he has a potential little girlfriend. It's nice to know a whole new social life opens up; it sounds pretty fun.

I bet it will be really nice to have your mom and cousin in town. How's Gord's new job lately? It sounds like you are a super busy mommy. It's really great to hear from you, though. I think of you guys all the time and love the updates!!! How is everything going with the cats? Are you going to post some more pics of Kash? I love the ones on Facebook.

Miss you! :hugs:

oh yes, the duct is painful!

The baby shower was ok. I am awkward at those things, but it was good. Kash slept the whole time, thank god. He has been super fussy since we got home though. He sleeps for a bit, and then that's about it. He wants to be held. I am not so sure I am going to get any sleep tonight.

I have to supplement with formula as I think my milk is slowing down, and he has issues with drinking it. I am going to try a different one and see if that helps. I am going back to the doctor and asking for the prescription to increase my milk flow and talk to him about the formula issues. He did fine with the ready made stuff though, so it might be a matter of buying more of that (I am using powdered right now).

Gord's job is good. He doesn't really get along with his coworker now, which is a shame as they were originally friends before this. So he comes home and vents each night. Although he is busy working every day, so it's good. He has to leave for work before 4 am tomorrow morning (as the winter roads are melting and turning to slush), so he has been in bed for a bit now.

The cats are good. I definitely don't think there is an allergy there at all. My one cat (Milo) is quite interested in Kash. He is always going up to him and sniffing, licking, and trying to play with him.

I have to run....he is fussing again :(

wow hes absolutely stunning hun,congratulations xx

Hi Mel! I'm glad your duct is better & hope you can increase your supply. Pumping should help to increase it a bit ... A beer sounds heavenly right now, but I don have much longer.

I think I am going to try another beer. Pumping just doesn't seem to work to increase it for me, unless I pump every hour I am sure, and well that's not going to happen.

I am trying to get information on baptizing the little guy. Unfortunately I am going to be out of Town when they host the required seminar sessions here, and so now I am trying to find out if I can do them while I am in Red Deer. Hopefully the church's don't give me any issues about it, otherwise we have to wait until October to baptize him, and we want it done this summer.

I have the prescription to increase my milk, so we will see if it works. The doctor said if it doesn't, then this is it.

So is it completely normal to fight with your spouse almost on a daily basis after having a baby????? I am seriously going to lose my mind soon because it's a constant battle. He wants this for the baby and that for the baby and blah blah blah! The only reason I haven't completely switched to formula is because of him. He wants it to be breast milk (even though I don't have much and it causes me pain, and I have to pump it all). The newest one was that I wasn't allowed to take my birth control pill anymore (which is the only one safe for breastfeeding), so I had to garbage them all. Seriously, I am getting so frustrated that I'm not enjoying it when he is home at all anymore. I have my 6 week check up on the 4th, and I think I need to ask for antidepressants!

Sorry it's been so rough... it is pretty normal. Maybe you could get the copper IUD as a compromise? There are no chemicals in it... I was having a lot of complications with my BC before we started trying for this baby, so that is the route I am going to take.

Parenting is hard especially if you haven't talked about your expectations from one another and how you want to deal with anything that may come up. DH and I have had many of those conversations and even use a lot of our date nights to discuss things that we may not agree on. It is very important to keep a united front in front of the children, every now and then they'll try to get away with asking the other parent if they do not like the answer they got from the first. Most of the time we agree with the answer, but every now and then we don't and that is when we have to talk about the why and why not... but always we back each other in front of the kids. Don't be afraid to ask for an anti depressant. The sudden lack of all those hormones you've gotten used to is bound to play with your emotions. I was on them for about 6 month after both of mine... Just try to remember that communication is key and if you want him to compromise, you are going to have to give a little in return. Try to find the middle ground that both of you can live with.

:hug:

We've also had our differences on what to do with the baby. DH is super over protective and it makes me mad because sometimes he acts as though I dont know what to do!!!! I hated when he was home and loved when he would go to work, and honestly I still do!:winkwink: We had to have a talk because it was driving me insane and he would kinda get mad if I didnt do things his way. He is slowly getting over it and I credit it to communication and prayer. Dont worry it gets easier but you must talk about it!:hugs:

I talked to him about the fighting and how it is driving me crazy. He was like I can't believe you think that all we do is fight, and I said it's because we do. I told him about wanting to ask for anti depressants (which I completely forgot about yesterday), and he doesn't think I need them. I told him I did because I am going crazy with all the bickering. It's just one thing after another.

So for the prescription isn't really helping my milk. We will see. I talked to the doctor yesterday too about birth control. He said really you could take whatever birth control you want, but he wasn't brave enough to do it. So I said I would try pumping for 6 more weeks and go from there. But we talked about that breastfeeding pill, and he said I have a very high chance of getting pregnant again off of that even because my period is back already. He said to use a condom, and I told him that I am choosing no sex at all. So I told Gord (again tonight when he asked for sex) that he has a decision to make because I refuse to have sex again until I am on my regular birth control pill again. He doesn't care if I get pregnant again right away, but I do.

Kash started smiling today!!! It totally made my day. Mom was upstairs showering and getting ready and I told her he gave me 2 huge smiles. Then I had him on his play mat, and he was talking and smiling away, so she came down to check it out, and he was giving her smiles too. She was like those are definitely smiles. She flew home today, so it was so nice that she was here to see that. My cousin flew back home yesterday, so she missed it.

I am driving out on April 25th, but I think I am going to drive half way on the 24th. I have to be in Red Deer for the 26th for sure as my truck is booked in for a repair. So I need to make sure I am there, and I don't want to get there too late. Since it is normally a 10 hour drive, I am thinking it's going to be a lot longer with the baby. I am driving by myself as well, so that makes it worse.

He is waking now, so I better run....he's going to be some hungry as he hasn't eaten in almost 4 hours now, and he isn't going to have patience waiting for me to get off of here, lol!

:hug: I have been feeling crappy too! I think if I don't feel better (emo) by my 2 week pp visit, I am going to ask for something...

I think the hardest thing, is admitting we need something! I've had to do it before, and I remember when I took that very first pill, all of a sudden I felt at peace. The nurse was like that was a sign that you did need it. I have an appointment with my old doctor while in Red Deer, so I am going to talk to him about it then.

Just discovered this thread now!!! I'll have to go catch up now :haha:

Wow, you are going to drive 10 hrs alone!? Thats a long time with a baby. Is he good in the car seat? Malcolm absolutely hates his car seat and wails to the top of his lungs! I try to make sure he is asleep or its a miserable ride for me. I hope you all get everything sorted out relationship wise. Have you all considered counseling for your marital issues?

Good luck and yay for the smiles!

I think our issues right now is the stress of a new baby and his new job. He works 12-15 hours each day, and then he gets home and crashes. So I think until I can get into a set routine with Kash where I can get more sleep, I think we just have to deal with each other being somewhat tired and cranky. The last few days have been good though.

Yeah I know, I'm crazy! Gord has to work, so it's just me. Kash is great in his car seat though and just sleeps. He will wake up when he wants to eat and that's about it. So my issue will be that he's going to mostly sleep all day, and then be awake at night! :( But I am actually going to split the trip up. I will drive to at least Peace River, which is 4 hours away. If he has had enough, I will spend the night there. If he is doing good, then I will just keep going. I will see how far I can make it before he says no more lol! I think if I stop and allow him breaks from his car seat as well, it will help. Whenever I have gone to High Level on my own, I just make sure he eats first and then leave after, so I will do that this time too when we set out

I think our issues right now is the stress of a new baby and his new job. He works 12-15 hours each day, and then he gets home and crashes. So I think until I can get into a set routine with Kash where I can get more sleep, I think we just have to deal with each other being somewhat tired and cranky. The last few days have been good though.

Yeah I know, I'm crazy! Gord has to work, so it's just me. Kash is great in his car seat though and just sleeps. He will wake up when he wants to eat and that's about it. So my issue will be that he's going to mostly sleep all day, and then be awake at night! :( But I am actually going to split the trip up. I will drive to at least Peace River, which is 4 hours away. If he has had enough, I will spend the night there. If he is doing good, then I will just keep going. I will see how far I can make it before he says no more lol! I think if I stop and allow him breaks from his car seat as well, it will help. Whenever I have gone to High Level on my own, I just make sure he eats first and then leave after, so I will do that this time too when we set out

Oh thats great that he likes his car seat. I wish Malcolm did:nope:. Im dreading going to Chicago in 2 weeks! He did well today though so Im hoping this is a new routine. Im wishing you the best on your trip!:thumbup:

how long is your drive to Chicago?

he's having an odd day today. He has only wanted to be on his tummy, and he has been sleeping all day! I woke him up just after 6:00 to eat and change him, and he was awake for 2 hours and then asleep again!!! I am in for a long night I think. I don't know why he is sleeping so much today?!

I just finished having a beer! :) I figured I wasn't going to be pumping for a couple hours anyway, so why not! Although, I think I am slightly buzzed, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->