Kash Robert Patrick has arrived <3

I hope Kash sleep good for you tonight. Darn Gord...kick him in the arse!! XXX

we ended up not going to High Level today as I didn't get enough sleep. I was pissed at Gord cuz he was out drinking, and I told him off once again when he finally came home. Then Kash decided to wake up at 4:30 for some reason, and I only had a couple hours of sleep at that point. Then I got another 45 and then had to wake Gord for work (as his cell was charging downstairs), and then I got an hour and a half of sleep again and then was fighting with Kash to go back to sleep. Finally just after 9:00 I gave up. I was so tired!! He went for a nap at 10:45 and so I rushed to shower thinking he was only having a cat nap, but it turned into a 2.5 hour nap, and of course I didn't sleep! So hoping he is going to bed at his regular time tonight and sleeps the night again!! We are going to go to High Level on Thursday now instead, and it's a must that I go then since I opened the last can of formula this morning (it lasts me a week max, but I don't want to push it).

Well, hockey game is on....gotta go :)

I know exactly how those nights feel, and I hope you get some rest soon! I am still struggling with getting MYSELF to sleep through the night, even though Ethan is basically sleeping fine. But for the longest time we had that pattern you are describing, where I was only picking up 30-45 minute catnaps for half the night, and it is exhausting. I got almost 5 hours last night which is enough energy for me to get through the day, but not very productively and it just makes for a really long day when it starts at 3:30 in the morning. :grr: Third night in a row now that i've woken up then and not gotten back to sleep at all. Hope the day trip goes well and I will be counting my blessings that our supermarket is just around the corner!

PS come back to the March 2011 thread if you get a chance! :hugs:

I have to go find it again Angela, as it isn't coming up in my threads anymore....but I should be able to find it easily in my control panel.

I am wondering if he isn't feeling well, as the flu is going around right now I guess. I have been taking his temperature and watching to make sure he doesn't spike a fever. I am turning the humidifier on in his room again, as I noticed he is getting stuffed up, so that could also be the issue for him waking. I REALLY want him to go back to his sleeping pattern again of 8-9 hours, feed, and then go back for another 4 hours! I was able to get stuff done in those 4 hours, and I want to start getting on the treadmill so I can lose 60 bloody pounds!!!!!

Chris - you just wait!!!! lol! Your end is coming soon :haha:

Lol I agree with Mel, Chris - soon it will all make sense lolololol! :rofl: and Chris we miss you on the grads thread!

I can send you the link for the 2011 thread Melissa. I hope it is not flu for Kash! Sounds like he slept well last night so maybe things will settle down now. And I know what you mean about wanting to work out. I am trying for walking every day right now till my joints and hips get back in line and stop hurting!

Yeah Mel... The end is coming soon! One where the Canucks are victorious and holding the cup!!!!!

:hi: Angela!!! I'm not taunting Mel with baby stuff.... Hockey stuff!!! :haha:

ummmm, nope no cup for them, lol! :haha: I'm thinking Tampa is going to win tonight, but not sure....can't believe there still isn't a score!

I can't believe Kash slept for 10 hours last night!!! And of course I didn't get to enjoy it! Gord was out drinking all friggin night again, and I was so pissed off. I can't sleep when he does that because I am so mad. He finally came home just before 6 am this morning, and then was supposed to go to work an hour later....he slept in for work and then blamed me for it! It was a huge friggin fight and he was still being a dick for the first while he was at work. He apologized when he got home from work, but I know that's not the end of it. When he finally got home from drinking, I was yelling at him (apparently I yell for attention! yeah uh huh whatever, I am yelling because I am pissed at you!) and I told him he was a lousy father! He said he provides for his son, and I was like that is not what being a father means! I hope he steps up and starts being more active, because I am basically a single parent. I can't even go out and leave Kash with him because he can't do it. Nice!

So, I am hoping that Kash sleeps like that again tonight, as I need some sleep! I don't know how I am even surviving today with no real sleep.

Is there a new link Angela? I went back into the March group, but the last posts were in April. I can't believe 2ndtimer lost her baby to SIDS :cry:

Thanks hun! I miss you too!

I am so exhausted, so I don't get on here too much. I have hyperthyroidism now (which I have read can be caused after post partum - not sure if that is what happened or not), and so I am exhausted. I am on beta blockers right now to slow my heart done, but I can't be on other meds until after I have a radioactive test done on my thyroid. They need to determine if the nodules are hot or cold, and we are praying for hot, otherwise it is another biopsy! I don't know when my test is scheduled for, so I am guessing I have another month or so before I can have meds :wacko:

I also have to have a colposcopy done at the end of the month to biopsy cells, as I had an abnormal pap. Again, praying that everything is good.

Gord has a hernia now too, and so it has been a little stressful financially. They weren't giving him modified work, and so he couldn't work. He went and talked to them last week though and told him he has to, so he is back to work now, just working a few days a week. We are still waiting to hear when his surgery is as well.

My grandma has been in the hospital now for at least a month. She is passing away. She has alzheimer's and so she has been deteriorating. Originally, she fell again and so she broke her collar bone. She was back in the home and she was complaining about pain, so they took her back to the hospital where she has been since. She can't swallow, and they can't determine why. They had a feeding tube running through her nose, but she kept ripping it out, so she doesn't even have that anymore. She is on comfort care now until the end. They aren't exactly sure how much longer she has left, so we are all just waiting now. It's kind of a stressful month.

Other then that, Kash is doing good. His colic meds are almost done and then I am going to see if he still needs it or not. He is growing like a weed and some days he has a little more independence then others. He can't seem to let me out of his sight though. I tried leaving the house last night for a little bit, and he was freaking on Gord. Gord doesn't have patience for it either, and so really, I have no help with Kash at all. It's so draining on me, especially since I have to entertain him 24/7. The only time I really get anything done is when he is sleeping. The last few days, he was only napping for half an hour at a time, but so far it has been an hour. Once he wakes, I am going to feed him and take him for a walk :)

hmmmmm, what else............oh, I took my boss to hr a couple weeks ago. Because we live in company housing, we are all on a housing allocation list. Because Husky bought out Mobil, we have aquired all of their houses now. This makes it so I am entitled to a house now (I would have never been otherwise). I asked my boss where I was on the allocation list, and she told me because I am on mat leave, I have been removed from the list and I will get back on once I return to work in February. Well, I was quite pissed off. I am entitled to all my benefits, and housing is one, so it wasn't sitting too well with me. I contacted HR in the head office, and he told me I was still entitled to be on the list, and he was going to talk to our district manager about it. Needless to say, I will be moving into a house this fall!!!! I am so excited!! This place we were moved into in November irritates me. The back yard is nothing but weeds and tree roots and Kash can't go back there at all. And then the front yard sucks too! It also seems to be infested. I have never had to kill so many spiders in my life before (and I am terrified of them!). As well, I have to keep killing ants!!!! grrrr!!!

So yeah, that's my life for now :)

Great to hear from you Mel!! I love getting updates on how things are going. So sorry to hear about your grandma. :hugs: I pray she is comfortable until the end. Also sorry to hear about your and Gord's health problems....I was given beta blockers for heart palpitations before but they were only taken as needed. They knocked me out though, so I can't imagine what it's like taking them daily!

Ooh, awesome about a house!! Good for you for standing up for your rights and staying on the list. Too bad your boss wasn't more helpful.

Can we get some more photos of Kash? I bet he's getting so big!!! Hope his colic is gone once the meds are done. :hugs: to Kash!

I am on a low dose right now, and if it doesn't help, then I am supposed to increase them.

ooh Kash likes the hugs :) thank you he says

I will have to steal some off of fb, as i end up taking them with my phone all the time. He is so big. He looks like he is older then 4 months old. His new favorite thing to do is gurgle lol

some pictures

Attachments

• check me out.jpg
    check me out.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
  • cool dude.jpg
    cool dude.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 6
  • handsome.jpg
    handsome.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5
  • hello there.jpg
    hello there.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4
  • melt my heart.jpg
    melt my heart.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 5
some more

Attachments

• short shorts.jpg
    short shorts.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4
  • smiles.jpg
    smiles.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5
  • smiley.jpg
    smiley.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 6
  • whats up.jpg
    whats up.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 8
So cute Mel! I am sorry about your grandma. I lost mine right before the baby was born so I understand!

Can't believe how big these boys are getting! That is the same color bumbo we have. Ethan really likes it and looks like Kash does too!

oh yes, he often hangs out in the kitchen with me in his bumbo. One of my neighbours gave it to me, and it's just the best thing. He's able to hit his head on cupboards now, so I have to be careful with the spots I put him in.

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the update. I am really sorry to hear that things are going so crappy for you right now. When it rains it pours! Losing a grandma is never easy :hugs: Hang in there.
I hope everything comes up clear for you! I have had abnormal paps before and everything was fine so I am praying for you that that is the case too. Maybe it was abnormal because you had it so close after giving birth? I can only imagine the financial stress with Gord not well now and only working part time. Just keep reminding yourself that it is only temporary. You'll get through this and be tougher for it.
Glad to hear Kash is doing well! He is soooo cute! He looks like a real happy baby. Thanks for sharing the pictures!!!
Good news about the house! I would have fought for it too, your boss sounds like a real piece of work. I hope your new house will be awesome!!
Big hugs to you!!!! I'll be joining you in mommy hood soon! :flower:

I so can't wait for you to have your little princess :)

Life is definitely a struggle right now. I also feel that Gord is lying to me and hiding something from me. I am against doing drugs, and I have seen some of his text messages before about drugs. When I asked him about it, he promised me he wasn't doing them, and he said someone else used his phone. That honestly makes no sense to me at all. I seen another message from Friday night talking about drugs as well. If I can somehow find out the truth, it's over. I am not going to put up with being lied to and made a fool of. And when I say drugs, it's pot and coke!! I'm just so upset because I want to believe him, but how can I when I seen those messages?! It's like he is living 2 different lives.

We still get into quite a bit of fights. Nothing has gotten better since Kash was born, and I even told Gord he is a bad father!! He pays attention to Kash for maybe 10 minutes a day. If he's not working, then he is golfing, playing video games, or out drinking and spending all our money!! I seriously don't know what to do anymore. I want this to work, but part of me is wondering if it ever will. And right now I have no income of my own, so I am in a tight spot. Once I am back to work, and I still feel like this, then I might have to make a decision.

I am hoping the pap came back abnormal for that reason for sure. I have pains down there though (it goes numb and kinda stings like a pinched nerve), so that kinda makes me worry a little.

ok, typing with kash standing on me isn't so easy when he keeps moving around lol. I'm hoping he goes back to bed soon so I can too. I haven't had much sleep yet, and I'm on my period too, so I just want to go curl up and forget life for a few more hours!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->