Kay's Christmas Journal

I got over excited. Only a few bits for the boys and dh and I'll be done.

I've updated my lists. I'm very close to finished, just the xbox live for ds2 and around 2 more presents for ds4 just so they are similar sized piles.
Its dangerous, me being finished this early, I'll have to really hold back from buying anything else. I've just got dh left now

Now I know I'm so close to being finished I can't wait to get those last few bits. I don't want to just buy something for the sake of it for ds4 though, so I'm trying to hold on

I usually try not to be finished too early as I do end up still buying, and I didn't realise just how much I had until I wrote it all out. I don't feel like they need any more really and with the situation with dh I'm glad I'm done so soon now just in case he does get a call saying come in next week or whatever.
I bought ds4 a set of 4 avengers puzzles just now, and got dh some football air freshners for the car just as a little silly stocking fillers type gift. Also got him a lambretta travel mug and classic cars puzzle for his birthday next month and an iron man arc reactor tshirt, so it looks like it's ripped at the front and you can see iron man's light thing on his chest. He kept saying he was going to get one for after his surgery so I've saved him a job. That's for Christmas.

I'm going to give dh the presents I've bought for Christmas for his birthday. Money will be tighter than I thought so we won't be able to buy each other gifts and I know he'll feel awful if I give him something and he hasn't been able to get me anything. So glad I've pretty much finished the kids. I only need the xbox live for ds2 and I don't actually need anything more for ds4 I was just trying to even things up but it isn't so much that he'll notice so I can be finished for him if I need to

Got a nice food stash going and made the list for the rest of the food.
Going to get the dog a christmas jumper tomorrow. He's only 4 months old and not enjoying the cold in his walks. I was going to get him a coat but my Mil has bought one for him but wants to put it in DS3s presents (because technically it's his dog) so I just want something to use for now and wilko have them for £5.
I think we've sorted the money thing so hopefully can get each other presents again

Aww the dog Christmas jumper sounds like a cute idea :)

I'll upload a picture once I've got it. Going this afternoon to get Ds2s hair cut (i cut the others but he likes his that bit longer. I used to do it until he moved while I was doing his fringe and it went wrong so now I refuse) so will pick it up afterwards. I may even sneak into Costa and try one of their lindt hot chocolates as he has been desperate to go in there since it opened a few months back

Hope you enjoy the hot chocolate. Sounds lovely :)

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_4213_zpskcgi5fth.jpg

He's not quite sure about it, but I'm sure once he gets his lead on he will be fine. He had a little halloween one that he was OK in once he realised he was going out ha ha

I'm trying to decide where to put the presents once wrapped. We've got a sofa with a storage bit under one part. It wouldn't hold all of them but it would be helpful to not have to walk past the bedrooms so many times and risk waking everyone up. I could lay a blanket over them in case anyone suddenly decided to look in there.

Its sad, but I think ds2 and Ds3 might be having doubts.

That sounds like a good idea with the sofa. Wish ours was like that!

Aww that's sad that they are starting to doubt :(

Ds2 says he doesn't doubt because he has seen him (dh in costume) but then he says "it is strange though, he uses magic but magic doesn't exist in our world" and Ds3 seems to keep talking himself back into it. Like he'll say "what if it really is the parents? It could be the parents..... But where would they get all the toys? They'd have to go buy them in the middle of the night!"

I've shocked myself, I'm usually still buying the week before.

I still need to make my mum and grandads (and mils but I have longer to do hers) canvases. Kept thinking I have ages but I'm seeing them on the 17th so really need to get a move on to allow drying time etc I've been putting it off because I was worried about damaging them if I did it to early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->