Kay's Christmas Journal

I made the canvases for my mum, Mil and my grandad. Ds4 'helped' so they aren't perfect but I guess that doesn't matter as they are for people who will love that he helped. The photos were taken before they were fully dry. The smallest one is for my grandad, the others are for our mums, they are slightly different as mils have some pictures of the boys with a few of her other grandchildren.

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/kayleighwhitehead/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_4251_zpse9bxhjcg.jpg

Thank you. I'm always my own worst critic and was sitting there thinking maybe I should have just bought them. I think it probably means more this way though :shrug:

Wow they're great and so personal.

With dh survey next week and him being pretty useless once he is home the following week we are going to get as prepared as possible. So I've got almost all the food, I'm freezing everything that can be frozen and checking dates like crazy. I've now just got a tiny list of food things I couldn't get yet. I've got all the presents and extras we need like crackers. The tree is coming out of the loft this week and I've just got some cleaning to do and toys to sort out then off course the wrapping.
Ds4 has been really ill so getting things done has not been easy but he is much brighter today so he seems to be on the mend. I just need to get my motivation head on and get it done

Dh is rescheduled to January, and ds4 is still clingy but I have an incredibly short list of things left to get.
Orange juice (for breakfast)
Satsumas (for stockings mainly)
Then for Christmas eve buffet I need...
Cocktail sausages
Sausage rolls
Gala pie

I might need to add to the cards and wrapping paper once I get going.
My to do list now includes
Wrap
Cards
Post secret santa and friends gifts
Quick tidy round Christmas week

My decs are up, my gifts are bought. I'm waiting for a pack of batteries to arrive and that's it for things I've bought.

So today I started wrapping. I don't think I have enough paper, but I am using rolls from previous years (some were not even opened yet!) so it isn't terrible that I've not got enough.

Serious miscalculation on time! Turns out ds4 finishes next week (14th) at preschool rather than the same time as the bigger boys (21st) which means I have all day Tuesday and Thursday morning left child free. But DH and I were going to go out for lunch for our anniversary as well so that'll have to be Tuesday so I've had to hurry through with the wrapping! Only got about 9 things for the boys and most of the family gifts left to do.

Oh dear, that sounds stressful! Glad you're getting it sorted though :)

As long as my side of the family is done by the end of next week the others can be done with the boys. They'll just have to put up with kid wrapping ha ha

My wrapping is done, just a couple of fresh food bits to go and that's it. And those things aren't all that important (although the way dh is going on you'd think his whole Christmas hinged on whether or not I can get a gala pie with a long enough date) so I'm going to say I am Christmas ready!
Got my mum coming and taking us to lunch this weekend, ds4 has his last day at preschool tomorrow. I'm so ready for it to be Christmas eve now.

Just waiting for these playmobil zoo bits now to wrap. Having to stop myself from buying even more just because I've finally found my Christmas buzz again. Better late than never I suppose.

Yay for finding your Christmas buzz. Such a great feeling! :xmas9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->