Kay's Christmas journal

Sil is so hard to buy for because her skin is so sensitive I don't feel safe buying her bath things or perfume or anything like a watch that will touch the skin. Theres not really anything she is really in to eirher, the last few years I've bought things to keep warm like a nice blanket or fluffy pjs or scarf set but I've not actually seen her use them. She also can't eat lots of things, but I know she lives on coffee and can eat biscuits.

That must be really difficult being able to find something suitable :(

It is. You can't even ask what she wants as she'll say nothing.
Anyway, I got some coffee and some fancy looking biscuits today. Made sure I checked the date haha.
Dh said he wanted to see the new Solo film and when I checked it's out on DVD next week so I pre ordered it for his birthday.

Sorted all my delivery boxes out yesterday and managed to half them by shifting things from one box to another. My room is much tidier now :haha:

My great nephew arrived today, 4 weeks early! I've not been told his name yet but he was 5lb something (sil thought they said 5lb 4, niece thought they said 5lb 14) he's in scbu for his breathing due to being early but other than that they both are doing well. I'm a great aunt.

I've got the Christmas eve Pjs, well, all except ds3 as a friend who works at a printers is doing me his. But they are ordered.

Aww Congratulations on becoming a great aunt :)

Yay for Christmas pj's :xmas9:

Thank you, his name is Oscar.
I'm thinking I might get the boys new dressing gowns when I go shopping with my friend tomorrow. The older ones look like they are wearing skirts when they just have them over their boxers :haha: But as with everything that's bought in the next couple of months, they will have to be for Christmas!

Well, I ordered MIL's photo gift so all I need for family now is some gift bags and that crepe paper stuff for when I wrap them all. I've still got BIL's birthday to sort, but we've got a standing tradition with him where we just buy each other something to drink and some snacks so I don't have to put any thought in to it, I'll just go shopping next week or the week after and grab some bits.
As far as the boys go all I've got to get DS3 is the bits in my Amazon basket (a fidget toy and Foo Fighters DVD) a selection box, and some little snack bits (they always ask for nuts and toblerones and things like that) I'm done for him!

They sound like great gifts and the photo gift is a lovely idea.

I mean CD not DVD, he was asking me questions about the royal family while I was trying to hide the screen from him. Had to quickly pull up a royal family tree haha

I saw a nice Christmas print dress on the Asda website and the kids were being a pain so DH was like "why don't you go out and get a break, go down to asda and get the dress and some Christmas jumpers for this lot." So off I go, I don't drive, so its a train job then 15 minutes walk out of town to asda. Get there and the only Christmas clothing they have in yet are the babies stuff. So that part of my journey was wasted. However I did go round town and get advent calenders, selection boxes, chocolate coins, santas with smarties in, and some bits and pieces. Got a bath basketball set for ds3, its only a cheap wilkos thing but it looked like something he'd enjoy and a bit of a stocking filler. Also ds1 is obsessed with hot chocolate and wilko had a set with about 9 different hot chocolate powders, all different flavours, so grabbed that to make up his numbers too. I also ordered a few more bit, including ds3's last bits and mil's present.

Sorry you didn't manage to get the dress!

I caved today and ordered one so hopefully it'll be ok. Also ordered Christmas jumpers for the boys and dressing gowns as I couldn't get them at Primark the other week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->