"knocking on buddies door"

Ello girls :)

sounds lovely sarah. i can imagen the look on charlies face when he see the lights. I'm putting mine up tomorrow. Our tree is black with blue flasing lights..silver/white decorations around the tree and round the fireplace, looking forward to putting it up. :)

everyone got all there presents sorted yet? ive just got to get my bros and sister in laws then im done yeppeee. thank god for that because last yeah i was running around like a headless chicken trying to find stuff haha :)

now time for xfactor..who goes? i hope its that wagner he's soo annoyingly crap lol xx

As usual I miss my ladies. I guess it is that time of year for Christmas cheer! We just put up lights outside the house (we are trying to out do the neighbours) and keith is suppose to bring a tree home today, I should text him and remind him....anyshoes, otherwise i'm just ebbing and flowing with life- is it me or does it seem like time is flying by? And I am thinking about going for baby number 2, I told the hubby he couldn't believe it, I still he's still in shock. No witch yet though. Is anyone else still waiting for af? Malcolm is well he's all about his hands right now and putting everything in his mouth, I just bought him a teether thing to play with.

Another famous person on here huh lyns! I love the pic of hubby and his ride. I totally forgot he's in to cars ofcourse he drives! Has he been giving you extra lessons? And maybe Andreas needs a slow flow nipple or another type to reduce how much air he takes in?

Sarah- nice profile pic. Little man refuses the bottle? wow, don't know what i'd do if Malcolm did that. Sounds like you are dealing with it well.

Bea- Hey, I can't wait to get the surgery over with, but at the same time I know its better that he takes his time and gets stronger for it- slow and steady wins the race! For christmas I just bought him a little santas helper one piece outfit and we also picked out a jumpsuit and nice shirt. We are thinking about taking a family picture in a studio, will definitly post it if we do. Don't think i'm really getting him a gift though, its just another day for him!
And honor is sleeping in her own room already? great. I'm still taking my time with that even though he is sleeping for 5-6 hours at night. I guess i'm nervous about it and still love him close to me.

claire- he'll enjoy the connect for xbox, you to. your body is the remote! And he is a lucky boy. If he gets bored let me know i'll gladly take those goodies off his hands:)

Hey amanda..glad to see your doing well :) its a shame you live so far..i'm trying to find someone who i can take some family photos of. pete got me a new DSLR camera as my other camera wasnt taking the pics i wanted. so for xmas he got me it..best present ever :) heres some pics ive taken of it..they aint great but im getting better at using it lol
https://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/petespassionpassat/Lyns%20DSLR/DSC00225.jpghttps://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/petespassionpassat/Lyns%20DSLR/DSC00282.jpghttps://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii12/petespassionpassat/Lyns%20DSLR/DSC00244.jpg

andreas is just a hungry baby i think hun, he doesnt take hardly air in just drinks milk like he's starving lol

baby number 2? really? so you joining me all over again too...me you and claire all here right back where we atarted lol was keith happy bout baby number 2? or shocked in bad way? :)

christmas times brings out so much happiness :) xx

hey lyns those pics are fab! Bring your camera up when you come and stay! Xx Amanda, yes still refusing the bottle. Am going to try again i think, me and hubby feeling the strain and could do with a cinema trip or out for a (very quick) meal together but can't leave charlie with anyone because of the feeding. I'm not 100% ready to if i'm honest but we argued yesterday because we're both tired and ratty and we've never fallen out before so it was horrible :( but all made up now. So any tips on how to get him to take a bottle would be appreciated :) xx

aww thats happpened to us a couple of times now sarah..ive been out three times since andreas been born so i understand the strain. does charlie have a dummy? try putting that in his mouth first to get use to suckons, then replace it with the bottle. another thing is try making the milk alittle bit more warmer and being really consistent with it. it took my cousins baby 4/5 days for him to finally take to it....try for bout 5 minutes if no joy try again the next time before you give breast...he just doesnt no how to suck so he just licks and plays with it instead...but being consistent will helps bundals :)

hope that helps xx

oh and thanks, i definitley will bring the camera when i come up :) xxx

hey sarah - try this for some help...great advice xxx

It sounds like the breastfeeding has been going well.

Now that you are wanting to use a bottle and offer expressed milk on occassion there are lots of things you can try to get her use to taking a bottle:

In terms of the breast to bottle problem it may help to use a round teat with a broad base as it appears to be best to facilitate tongue and jaw motions which is most similar to the baby suckling at your breast.

Silicone teats may be better than latex as these may cause an allergy.
Some of the teats that mums have found useful for this are: Avent nipple (newborn slow-flow), the Playtex Natural Shape or Natural Latch nipples, the Evenflo Ultra or Elite and the First Years Breastflow Bottle-140ml – its a two-part teat system designed to assist combined breast and bottle-feeding – the teat encourages same tongue position as breast feeding . Check with your chemist for suitable bottles that are more like the shape and feel of your breasts than ordinary bottles and try those.

Let baby get used to the teat. Try letting your little one hold the teat, put it to their mouth so baby is use to the texture. When coming to give milk, warm the teat slightly, plus try and wipe some expressed breast milk on the outside so baby can smell it.

Other things that may help include:
When giving the bottle keep her upright as much as possible and facing outwards ie her back to your front so that she has less chance of accessing your breasts.

Get someone else to try it as much as possible, as when you are around baby will smell your breast milk and want that instead of the bottle.

Try and make sure the milk is warm as baby is used to it that way.

Try the bottle when she is sleepy and/or hungry but not too hungry i.e not first thing in the morning. You will need to experiment with this but possibly an evening feed might be best to start with.

When feeding her stop at regular infant to mimic breastfeeding.

I hope you find something that works for you

or from others with the same problem.

https://www.babycenter.com/400_how-can-i-get-my-baby-to-take-a-bottle_500130_1.bc

Hope thats helpfull hun xxx

i'll give that a go, i want him to take the bottle but am nervous about nipple confusion too. I know it's probably too late for him to get nipple confusion now but it was really horrible last time so am a bit scarred! I'll let you know how it goes. Can we see pics of your christmas decs everyone once they're up? Xx

very helpful, will read it out to gav later and i'll let you know how it goes x
hey sarah - try this for some help...great advice xxx

K
It sounds like the breastfeeding has been going well.

Now that you are wanting to use a bottle and offer expressed milk on occassion there are lots of things you can try to get her use to taking a bottle:

In terms of the breast to bottle problem it may help to use a round teat with a broad base as it appears to be best to facilitate tongue and jaw motions which is most similar to the baby suckling at your breast.

Silicone teats may be better than latex as these may cause an allergy.
Some of the teats that mums have found useful for this are: Avent nipple (newborn slow-flow), the Playtex Natural Shape or Natural Latch nipples, the Evenflo Ultra or Elite and the First Years Breastflow Bottle-140ml – its a two-part teat system designed to assist combined breast and bottle-feeding – the teat encourages same tongue position as breast feeding . Check with your chemist for suitable bottles that are more like the shape and feel of your breasts than ordinary bottles and try those.

Let baby get used to the teat. Try letting your little one hold the teat, put it to their mouth so baby is use to the texture. When coming to give milk, warm the teat slightly, plus try and wipe some expressed breast milk on the outside so baby can smell it.

Other things that may help include:
When giving the bottle keep her upright as much as possible and facing outwards ie her back to your front so that she has less chance of accessing your breasts.

Get someone else to try it as much as possible, as when you are around baby will smell your breast milk and want that instead of the bottle.

Try and make sure the milk is warm as baby is used to it that way.

Try the bottle when she is sleepy and/or hungry but not too hungry i.e not first thing in the morning. You will need to experiment with this but possibly an evening feed might be best to start with.

When feeding her stop at regular infant to mimic breastfeeding.

I hope you find something that works for you

Hope thats helpfull hun xxx

yeah it will be confusing but the more you keep at it..the more his likely to take to both :) andreas used to lick my nipple after i gave bottle but after time he got used to both. its horrible listening to him cry/scream for food...being consistent it will be fine in the end :)

i'm putting my tree up later so wil send pics :) can we see yours too xx

bloody cold.
i got my possitive opk yesterday and saturday so hopefully we have done enough bding, i will have to try and get around keith to do it tonight.
oh my guinea pig as died, she was 6 the poor thing

oh yay for possitive opk and boo from piggy pig from dying..sorry to hear the little one died.

fingers crossed xmas baby for you :) xx

im keeping everything crossed.
ive got the hospital wednesday and rian as demanded the tree be up by the time he gets from school, so i hope im not at the hospital long.
how are you doing ??

here's mine will get a clearer picture later x

Attachments

• 29112010239.jpg
    29112010239.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 5
thats lovely and look at the snow in the back ground xxx

oh whats going on at the hospital weds? what they doing?

sarah - nice tree hun, i can see the snow in the back ground - so christmassy :) xxx

Morning ladies, How are we all on this snowy morning, it took phil 4 hours to get to work normally only takes half hour, snow is bad here, so im cheating and trying to shop online lol xx

iM FREEZING Honors asleep and i have a mountain of new clothes to find somewhere to put them.

so how is everyone

Lyns -- i love them pics so detailed

Cla Yay for ++ opk hopefully christmas time will bring cheer, sorry to hear about you g. pig maybe she didnt like the cold.

Amanda -- the little outfits sound so cute

Sarah -- it will all come in time hun im guessing cant really comment apart from getting honor of the tube to bottle to a while because they dont learn to suck till 32 weeks and she hadnt got the idea of it.

Sammy - - Hope your ok hun xx

morning bea, thats where i do all my shopping online.
im going to the hospital so they can see why im losing the babies, i havent got a clue what they are going to do, they said they might need a sample off keith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->