Labor Watch thread

Good luck happiest mom!!! Hopefully you have baby in your arms soon if not already!

So I don’t think I’m close to labour quite yet but wondering if anyone has any experience like this.

With my previous births I’ve never experienced contractions at all until I was in active labour.

Last night I was tossing and turning from 3-5am because I could swear I was having contractions. Hard belly and super achy like bad period cramps in lower abdomen and low back. Is it normal to have something like this happen BEFORE labour? Does it mean labour is soon, or could it go on for weeks? I’m hoping it was just a one off because it was quite uncomfortable!!

So I don’t think I’m close to labour quite yet but wondering if anyone has any experience like this.

With my previous births I’ve never experienced contractions at all until I was in active labour.

Last night I was tossing and turning from 3-5am because I could swear I was having contractions. Hard belly and super achy like bad period cramps in lower abdomen and low back. Is it normal to have something like this happen BEFORE labour? Does it mean labour is soon, or could it go on for weeks? I’m hoping it was just a one off because it was quite uncomfortable!!

Gosh it is always so hard to say. It could go on for weeks but idk, sounds promising to me. Good luck!

Well last night was a peaceful sleep so I think it was a one off. Need a few more peaceful nights before any real contractions start :)

I had it for weeks with ds3 they were sure he was gonna come at 33 weeks but had it everyday till 2 days over when he was actually born aparently the more cbildren you bare the more you feel the early/practice contraction as you contract all the time even non pregnant ladies xx

Ive has this 2 the last 3 nights last night they were at there strongest then they just tapered off xx

Yeah haven’t had anything since! I am getting a sweep Tuesday so if anything starts I’ll post here!

39 weeks in the morning so I'm officially on labour watch.
Reiko, where abouts are you in the world? They don't do sweeps here (at least at my nhs trust) until 41weeks with second+ babies.
I definitely had a lot of twinges and discomfort yesterday that I thought might progress but then nothing. Saw a midwife as well at my BP check and she said his head is still free anyway so that was a bit disappointing. She did however say that second+ babies can drop in to place just before starts, whereas first babies tend to engage a bit before.

Jumping in here, I’m 38+1 with my second bub. I suspect I will go a couple more weeks before baby is born, but ya never know! My first baby came at 40+1. At my last midwife appointment (last Wednesday), I was 1.5-2 cm dilated, 60-70% effaced, baby head down and station -1.... Having zillions of Braxton-Hicks and cramping, and intermittent nausea.

Reiko, where abouts are you in the world? They don't do sweeps here (at least at my nhs trust) until 41weeks with second+ babies.
I definitely had a lot of twinges and discomfort yesterday that I thought might progress but then nothing. Saw a midwife as well at my BP check and she said his head is still free anyway so that was a bit disappointing. She did however say that second+ babies can drop in to place just before starts, whereas first babies tend to engage a bit before.

My 2nd didn't engage until active labour.
I had gone for a nonstress test (long story) and was having contractions about 5 minutes apart and 3cm dilated. Dr checked me and said he "swam away from her fingers"
Haha!

Sadako I'm in Vancouver Canada. They gave me a sweep start 37+6 last time at my request. When we were talking early induction for this pregnancy (there was a possibility of insulin for my GD which didn’t end up happening so no induction) the OB was talking about multiple sweeps before doing any drugs for induction. But other than that scenario I’m pretty sure you have to ask, they’re not freely offering. With the midwives they are there to inform you of the risks and benefits of everything but basically do as you wish lol... if I want one after 38 weeks they will give me one!! So I’m 38+2 on Tuesday when they’ll do it.

I was 38+0 for my last delivery so I’m officially more pregnant with this baby then my last... but she’s smaller too I can tell so maybe she needs a few more lbs before she’s big enough to push her way out XD

Lots of BH today and lots of pressure but nothing that was painful at all. And baby is still floating around, pushing her head down sometimes and then “swimming away” too haha. Now that I think about it I feel like my cervix is a bit sore?? But nothing in my belly or back. I’m on high alert though!

My 2nd didn't engage until active labour.
I had gone for a nonstress test (long story) and was having contractions about 5 minutes apart and 3cm dilated. Dr checked me and said he "swam away from her fingers"
Haha!

Yup. My first was the only one to engage prior to labor. My second, third. And fourth waited until very active labor to engage. So it wasn't even right before delivery but during. I am told this is a very common scenario after the first.

I'm currently on maternity triage having my BP taken every 15 minutes. It's suddenly shot up despite my medication. I've been given a sweep and told if it doesn't come down I'll have to come and be induced tonight. If it does they still want to induce me on Sunday. Suddenly feeling extremely unprepared ha!

Oh dear Sadako that’s quick! You’re so close to 40 weeks though I’m sure you’re totally ready to go with an induction!! Good luck mama, I hope that sweep works!!

BP still raised so I'm staying in and being admitted! Got lots of tightening though so I think the sweep has done something anyway!

Yup. First 3 hrs of being induced with my first did absolutely nothing! Needed to break my waters before anything got going!!

But I’m sure you’ve got your baby now!! How did it go!!

Oh girl! Did they use the cervadil and send you home to dilate? Are you in a lot of pain or is it going ok??

Update finally! I had 2 lots of prostin gel up to 3mg max dose. After this they need to leave a gap of 24 hours. So I was last examined at 6am Friday morning and told I wouldn't receive any more gel until midnight. This is after being admitted on Thursday afternoon and already having had a terrible night sleep on the ward. During that Friday morning examination, however, she did another sweep and I spent most of the day walking around and yoga ball bouncing. Must have done the trick because by just after midnight Friday I had an examination and was 6cm! So up to the delivery suite I went and had my beautiful boy at 06.29 Saturday morning! Some dramatic bits in the birth, but I'll update with that later for anyone who's interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->