Labor Watch thread

Still waiting here as well. Have been trying everything...I don't remember my other 2 being this uncomfortable at the end. The pelvic pain and pressure is fierce with this one and now my back hurts. I'm just ready for this to be over lol.

I was just thinking, the ache and pains are far more noticeable this go aroubd!

Im still crampy.
Ive been using EPO for a couple weeks now, so i have a pretty good idea of what my cervix is doing (though hard to reach w the bump in the way :blush: ) im pretty sure its almost entirely thinned out now :shock: [or at least very close to it!]

I hope those babies come soon citrusfruit and Laeyla! Make sure you let us know when they arrive!

Checking in this morning, still pregnant. Had bloody show this morning but I have a v nearly 3 year old so can’t see myself going into labour until he is in bed again! Anyone else having more luck?

I'm not getting too optimistic but have been getting regular pains (tightening in my bump all over and across my back) for 3 hours now. Haven't had a show but lost more plug. Definitely not excruciating pain at the moment so I've not even rang the hospital or anything. Playing it cool for now. My plan is dinner and then a bath to freshen up and see what happens as the evening progresses xx

I'm jealous of you ladies who are progressing! I have a thousand reasons why this wouldn't be a good week for baby to arrive, but at the same time I am so ready!

Stacey your symptoms sound promising! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I'm jealous of you ladies who are progressing! I have a thousand reasons why this wouldn't be a good week for baby to arrive, but at the same time I am so ready!

Stacey your symptoms sound promising! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

This is how I feel too!! So done and over everything but I'm not prepared (with work or at home!!) Also I'm in a constant mental struggle as my dr has me 37 weeks today, but my dates line up to 36 weeks today....U/S sized more with Dr at 20 weeks so they kept that date, drives me crazy cause I don't know what to think of where I am!! Good news though Group b came back negative!

Same same. I have a big work thing on Wednesday and I'm doing a degree online and have an assignment due early next week that I want to get through. So it would be good for baby to hold off, but at the same time I keep thinking "work will understand and I can get an extension on the assignment..." Not that I have any say in the matter one way or another haha

Stacy I hope it turned into full labour?!
Nothing at all here last night, not even many braxton hicks :(

Hopefully some of us start giving birth soon! This waiting is brutal. Hubby had a week off last week and goes back to work tonight so maybe something will happen once he leaves, lol. Had a doc appointment this morning, said I was a few cm now and baby has dropped. Had another sweep done...which was my most uncomfortable one yet and have had some bleeding since so hopefully things progress more and more over the next couple of days (minutes? haha).

Only had 2 BH today but had 10 yesterday and day before

I have group b strep, hope it works out ok 😭

I had a second sweep today. I am so frustrated now because despite having period pain all day I’m still only having very infrequent braxton hicks that haven’t got any stronger. Everything just feels so ready to go so I don’t understand why contractions aren’t coming :-( I really can’t take another day tomorrow of attempting to entertain my toddler whilst also being a whale

Ahhh I hear you citrusfruit. I feel like I've had every labour sign except for bloody show and contractions that get stronger. What gives?! I also have a 5 year old and a 3 year old so can totally relate there as well. Hope something happens for us soon!!

Ugh hope you go soon girls it sucks this last bit! I was induced with my first 2 but went 10 days early with my 3rd

I have group b strep as well. :( It's stressful. My OB really wasn't concerned, but it's never fun to find out there is something to worry about.

I have group b strep as well. :( It's stressful. My OB really wasn't concerned, but it's never fun to find out there is something to worry about.

I know it's awful but they don't seem concerned here either 🤷*♀️ Didn't even prescribe me antibiotics just said I would get them at birth

Ya, they told me that taking them before birth doesn't matter. You just need them during labour. My OB also said that even if you do nothing the chances of infecting baby are small. He still said to come in right away if my water broke because they would need to get me started on the antibiotics asap. I'm just trying not to worry.

I hope everyone is doing well! I'm starting to really struggle with sleeping at night. Sometimes I wake up needing to go to the bathroom, other times backache wakes me, but often it seems I just wake up and don't feel tired. Maybe that's my body getting me ready to be up all night with baby.

I'm having a lot of insomnia at night too karoolia :( I did with my first 2 pregnancies at the end as well and have just accepted that this is how it is for me the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Hope someone starts having some good symptoms soon!!!

I know it's awful but they don't seem concerned here either 🤷*♀️ Didn't even prescribe me antibiotics just said I would get them at birth

Here in the States if youre GBS+, they obly offer IV antibiotics during labor. They want them ran through within 4 hours of the birth. And then run them every 4 hours until birth. They said they dont give antibiotics ahead of time because it isnt really effective and bc it could come back prior to delivery anyways bc strep b is a naturally occuring bacteria and it fluctuates. Anitbiotics ahead of time likely wont be effective bc it will come back.

I had sooo many tightening, pressure and pains in my back that wrapped around to the frobt, last night. I really thought it was going to turn into something. I ate, drank, slept, etc. No change. But it never got worse.or closer together either. Ugh. I seriously feel like i should be in full labor at this point. Not sure why it didnt stop but it also didnt incrrase.

I have an appt. Tomorrow morning. Really hope at least a little progress was made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->