Labor Watch thread

Lost one tiny bit of plug and nothing since 1 BH all day boo! 38+1 today my last daughter came at 38+4

Well ladies, I'm a mom! We had a boy!

He name is Nolan Thomas and he arrived on Feb. 23rd at 2:40pm. My water broke around 5 so we headed into the hospital. I wasn't contracting so around 8:30 after being admitted my OB put some gel in me to get contractions started. It worked VERY well and I progressed quickly. Had to have an IV for penicillin for GBS+ and did one round of pain meds through that around 12:30/1. Happy to say I didn't need an epidural (that was literally my only birthing goal other than healthy baby, but I was prepared to get one if I felt it was necessary).

I was only 2cm dilated when my OB checked me between 8 and 8:30. Shortly after 2 my nurse was going to take a lunch break, but decided to check me first and I was 10cm. My OB had left on vacation after seeing me so his midwife and the nurse delivered the baby. I felt great afterwards.

I put more details and a few pictures in my journal if anyone wants to check those out :) I hope you all get to meet your babies soon!

Congrats Hun!

Welcome!

Welcome happiestmom!

Got the official word I'm being induced march 1st which is thursday ah! Very nervous since I'm doing vbac and midwife is hoping somehow i go into labor on my own before then so I've started evening primrose oil to help but not sure what else to do. They have to start my induction with Foley catheter since they won't do cervidil if you have a uterine scar. I'm hoping I go on my own. Reason they are inducing is because I have obstetric cholestasis and doctor is concerned if I go to due date or past. Very stressed and torn, I'd like for everyone to just leave me be but I know for baby's safety induction is best. I risk having another c section though if this doesn't work
Yay! How do you feel about that? Awesome to know u have a def. End date, huh? So excited for you!

I'm pretty worried I'd like to go into labor on my own so I've been trying everything lol!! I have a sweep coming up on Tuesday so hoping it does something along with the evening promise oil I've been doing.

Karoolia congrats on your arrival! Looking forward to pics!

My sweep is first thing Friday morning and then induction looks like the Monday 😳

Congrats Karoolia!
Two days and nothing from Guppy...I wonder if she's had her baby...

Today has been a weird day for me, symptom wise. On and off I've had looser/frequent bowel movements, heartburn (weird because I haven't had it all pregnancy like I did with my first), tightenings, period aches, burst of energy then tired, my back and down my legs and my crotch area aches. No mucous plug though...and I haven't had a cervical check yet... I was induced with my first at 39 weeks and never really felt any early labour signs that I remember...
I'm really excited to see if/how/when my body starts labour on its own!

This is an exciting thread ☺ ive been reading and not posting because I'm early (36w4d) but ive been having timeable braxton hicks and period pain for over a month. Like 2hrs worth of contractions 5mins apart most nights. It's exhausting. No plug and the last time i had an examination was at 24weeks when they started. Hoping you ladies progress soon! I'm wanting to hold out till after the 10th March because I'm going to a concert

Lots of back pain over the weekend and some bh but are more intense than they have been , like they are working toward something but nothing consistent as of yet unfortunately. Really loose bm today trying not to read into, but thats not normal for me. Dr appt this morning, bp a little high, but not enough to be alarming. Only 1cm... maybe :( and still very thick he said

I have been following this thread since the start and love reading everyone’s updates!! I haven’t posted as I am only 34+6 today how ever like hopeful cat I to have been having timbale Braxton Hicks every night basically. I have also been loosing my mucous plug constantly soooo annoying but then it stopped for a while and now with the Braxton Hicks I have started losing it in massive chucks. Never any blood yet though which is good baby will still cook for a while.
I have always checked my own cervix and I am 2-3cm already but still pretty thick and posterior so still a while to go. We are having a home birth (this will be our second) and we can’t wait the kids are so excited (this is baby number 4) I don’t think I will last past 38 weeks but you never know.

I had my baby this morning just before 1am. Out of my 3 labours this one just went absolutely bizzare, but he’s out and he’s lovely. :)

Good luck ladies for whoever is next. :)

I had my baby this morning just before 1am. Out of my 3 labours this one just went absolutely bizzare, but he’s out and he’s lovely. :)

Good luck ladies for whoever is next. :)

Oh yay congrats! I sure hope my sweep works on Friday!

Congrats Zephran!

I have my fingers crossed for you wantingagirl

Congrats Zephram!

I had a cervical check yesterday. Just about 39 weeks but still closed.
Starting to feel uncomfortable down low though. Couldn't really sleep tonight feeling babe move so much and causing contractions or something. Felt like they were pushing baby into my hip so I got up and they went away.

Stretch and sweep today, hopefully they can do it and something happens :)

Had another appt yesterday 36w4d

Still 1cm but cervix super soft and low this time..last week i had to prop up on my fists and tilt for her to ever reach it so way better this time

I also feel really weird after it like last time it didn’t bother me at all and this time I still feel like I have a finger up in my cervix like it’s super sore and weird feeling almost like she did a sweep but I know she didn’t

Few more Braxton Hicks then normal but I’ve also been super busy I’m in the hospital right now with my oldest daughter that just had her tonsils out and had a few other things done she special needs and has a trach and a Gj tube and everything so they keep her overnight so I’m staying here overnight with her tonight

Nesting like crazy too... I got one set of curtains colored and I’m going to do the other set Thursday when i get more dye

Sooo ready ...

My sweep is Friday morning then being induced Sunday night!

Lost lots of slimy green mucus thus AM after being up all night with daughter ... hopefully start of something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->