• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Labour watch - july babies 2014

Ooooh good luck timewaster!! Cant wait to see pics and hear about the birth!!

congradulations timewaster
hope everything goes soothly for you

contractions all day and night yesterday and lost my first piecies of plug. im not holding my breath for today but cant wait for tomorrow. just going to take today to make sure everythings in place

Good luck trimewaster

Midwifes been bp is 130/80 so it's gone down a little only measuring 36 now because she's 2/5 palpable so she's thinking about coming hopefully some time soon x

Good luck Timewaster. Nada going on for me. Went for 30min walk this morning. Remind me again how walking is suppose to help?

I dunno sassy I went for a massive walk today and nothing!! Come on gravity do your job lol

Hi well these babies seem to be taking their time. Question for the UK mummy's.

I have a midwife check up on Monday & I'll be 38+4. They will routinely book me in, in another 2 weeks if baby hasn't arrived making me 40+4 when they'll probably offer me a sweep. As they only offer midwife appointments on a Monday, do you think they will let me book in for a week later (39+4) rather than 2 weeks later & still offer me a sweep :wacko:

Had a sweep this morning and omg I am having some serious contractions and cramping! I was 3 cm dialated and mostly effaced. He (yes a male midwife!) was very nice though, and now I'm having bloody show! Hmmm there might be a baby before the baby shower!

Bumblebee if they are anything like my local MWs no they won't do a sweep before 40 weeks, I begged and was told it's not within their remit to do them before 40 weeks. I mentioned I'm trying to avoid a c section again and that the consultant had asked me to ask them but she still said no :-( it's always worth an ask though, some MWs might be more willing to or the local policy might be different to mine.

Kuri that's great news! I hope it leads to something for you Hun!! I've got my sweep tomorrow hoping mine has a positive effect too!

Is there anything happening fr you my princess? I hope something does otherwise good luck for tomorrow :)

a few contractions here and there. which sucks seeing how i had them all day yesterday and night. its like my body worked that hard to expell the smalles peice of plug and gave up... but im exited and have to be at the hospital at 9:30am. and baby should be here a little before noon

Cramping has eased-time for a nap :) thanks guys <3

Good luck princess!

Bailey-have you tried castor oil? My midwife suggested it if I want to send myself straight into labor. I just can't get myself to drink it :p

No I might try that kuri after the weekend if nothing's happened still. I'm debating dtd tonight, I can't be bothered though lol! But think maybe it's worth a try if it means it kick starts before I go for the sweep tomorrow, coz surely dtd would be more comfortable than a sweep (only slightly though lol!)

Still at the hospital. Been on pitocin for 5 hours now. They started with 1 milliunit/min and now we are up to 11 milliunits/unit.

Having contractions but not painful enough and cervix was checked about 3 hours ago and no changes since my 39 week appt. Still 2cm dilated, soft but cervix is too far up.

Sleepy and hungry now but not allowed to eat and contractions keeping me up

Oh no I hated that they wouldn't let me eat during labour. I hope things start to progress for you timewaster :flower:

They don't let you eat? :( That's terrible! I remember right after my water broke I wanted blueberry pancakes from IHOP! Haha I made my husband go get them but by the time he got back I was in too deep of active labor to eat. They sure were good later that morning!

Eden is going to go stay with her nana tonight so I'm gonna bounce on a ball and do some visualizations because this evening would be perfect! I got to nap and relax all afternoon. The contractions and pressure and cramping wore off after a nap, but any time I am up and moving it comes right back so I think once she's gone I can get things rolling...eeek! &#128516;

I'm the same kuri, whenever I move around things seem to happen but then once I nap or it's bedtime it all fizzles. Just can't keep active enough lol! I hope your bouncing helps whilst dd is away!

They don't let you eat when you are induced coz your chances of needing EMCS are increased and if you have eaten before the surgery it can make you very sick or something. They will probably tell me I can't eat too coz I'm attempting vbac so also might end in EMCS.

Got my sweep this morning, hope it does something!!!

Timewaster I hope your LO has arrived safely!

My princess good luck for your ELCS today!

Everyone else how are you doing? Alex any more signs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->