• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Labour watch - july babies 2014

walking all day and had acupuncture. Nothing yet … hows everyone else going?

Happy due date hopeful!! Keep walking and bouncing hun!

Just got back from my consultant appointment. It was good and bad. My BP was 148/80 so they werent happy with that but thankfully no protein in my urine so they dont think pre-e yet. On the plus side she did the sweep, he is very low down and she said she could touch his head and I'm 2cm dilated and she thinks its quite likely things will happen in the next week, but she cant say for sure.
The community MW is coming out Monday to check my BP and I might have to go in if its still high, otherwise they have offered to bring me in next Friday to break my waters.

I dont know if 2cm is any good but she did say it was "a good 2cm" and my membranes are now bulging after the sweep so fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed the sweep gets things going Bailey, I'm a bit crampy today but was yesterday for all of half an hour and it fizzled out so I'm expecting absolutely nothing to come of it today either I can see me going over x

Well I was crampy and felt weird for a couple of hours and now I'm back to feeling nothing! Gonna go for a walk and see if that can help.

It's so annoying when it stops isn't it I try not pay too much attention to it now, going to go for another walk tonight I'm willing to try anything now lol x

Bailey I think 'a good 2' means it's just slightly bigger cause my midwife said I was a 'tight 3'

My sweet little man has decided to stay put for now, so I'm just ignoring the BH and relax today. Trying to stop being so obsessive...not like that's really going to happen, but I can say it right?! Haha I keep reminding myself that I will miss him being in there soon.

I feel like I'm dying of tiredness!! If I go into Labour tonight there's not much chance of me pushing her out without some help lol as much as I want her out I really need a good nights sleep first! X

Well we went to L&D because baby wasn't moving much so of course halfway there he starts kicking up a storm....they checked him and he's doing great-lots of fluid and healthy activity. We got to watch him 'breathing' the amniotic fluid! That was pretty cool. She said that means he's definitely ready.

Still at 3 cm and 50% effaced. But I've decided he's not allowed to come tomorrow because I don't want his birthday to be 7-11 :/

Thought I wasn't gonna obsess! Haha I did great for like 5 minutes this morning.

Hope everyone's having a relaxing evening :)

Hi ladies,

I had my baby boy yesterday, 10th July at 10 am after 24 hours of labor. He is w beautiful 7lb13oz baby.

I'm very swollen down there, have a second degree tear and am on antibiotics for a low grade fever but worth it. :)

Good luck to all of you. Sending lots of labor vibes your way

Congratulations timewaster, hope your feeling better soon x

Congratulations timewaster! Hope you are better soon!

Kuri glad all was ok with your LO. I had a panic this morning coz my little man hadn't moved for a while but after a quick rest and a cold drink he soon started wriggling away again!

Well I officially hate being overdue! I hadn't planned on still being pregnant at this point so I'm at a loss for what to do! I can barely walk anywhere with dd as she isn't yet walking outdoors by herself and I get so breathless pushing her pram. I can't drive coz a) I have to have the chair leaned back like a gangster and b) I'm so worried about someone rear ending me coz my bump touches the steering wheel. So we are just stuck at home alone all day everyday and I've had enough!!!
I think I got my hopes up yesterday with the consultant saying I was 2cm dilated and membranes were bulging so I'm gutted that still nothing is happening.

Has anyone heard about that full moon theory though? Apparently more pregnant women's waters break around the full moon coz of the effect it has on water, similar to it's effect on tides apparently. Here's hoping coz it's a full moon tomorrow lol!

Bailey I was reading the full moon thing too fingers crossed there's some truth in it cause I'm just as fed up oh is due back at work Monday and I really hope I have her before then so that he doesn't have to go back! I really never thought I'd get to 39 week's but now I'll be surprised if I go before my due date! I've been pretty crampy for the last 3 days but there's never any pattern to it and nothing ever comes of it I'm sick of getting my hopes up over it x

Me too Alex. Whenever I have been active and I then sit down I start getting mild contractions, or very strong BH, and I have been timing them every 10 mins. But as soon as I move around again they fizzle. Just gotta hope they might be helping me get more dilated at least. Just sick of thinking it might be starting and it's not!

Oh had me climbing up a huge hill last night with SOOO many steps and I was sure I was in labour a few hours later but after a shower everything disappeared, my moods are doing my own head in and it doesn't help that oh is really grinding on me lately! He just can't help but annoy me 24/7 it's really getting on my last nerve I'm just done in lol x

Haha I told my df the same thing yesterday that I can't stand him lol! I told him I don't mean it really but I do a little! He just does everything with half effort! I call him half a job harry. Like he put the laundry on the line for me coz I asked him to (4 times) and he didn't even put pegs on it so an hour later I noticed half of it was on the floor! He then took dd out of her high chair and cleaned her up after breakfast (coz I just struggle picking her up full stop now) and he cleaned her up but left all cereal and mushed banana all over the high chair and tray. I just feel like I may as well do it all myself!
Plus he has this thing about arguing every point I make, not in a bad way just in a jokey way but I've told him it annoys me and he won't stop!
I feel like Rachel on Friends when she's overdue and says to Ross "youuuuuuu!!! Like you haven't don't enough!!"

Mines the same lol because I had high BP before I had Finnley he keeps teasing and annoying me on purpose to get it higher in the hope it makes her come, he wants to hope for his own sake it works soon cause he forgets he has to do labour with me haha, does your oh just assume that anything to do with your lo is your responsibility and not his? Mine is serious for it, I even have to remind him to feed him x

Oh yeah he seems to forget she's there, he will just walk out the room or goes out for a fag whilst I'm busy doing something because he doesn't get that he has to watch her/listen out for her all the time, he just expects me to.

Arh don't even get me started on the going out for a fag lol my lo could be standing at the door crying to go outside and my oh thinks it's ok for him to go out for a fag and leave me to deal with a hysterical lo because he isnt allowed out :mad: it's like he does it on purpose sometimes x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->