Lack of intimacy & dtd

Arghhh... finally feeling ok after Hystoscopy and D&C... but DH is tired.... CD13 today... Was hoping of attempting to catch the egg before attempting IVF next month...

How's everyone doing? My gran was asking when I,m going to start a family, she,s 91, sure there must have been infertility in her day. Ma mum started asking questions again, but can't bring myself to tell her about IVF next month, her fretting would drive me round the bend. On the count down to AF then will fund out schedule for treatment.

Zeri, thank you! DH said it's his turn to take drugs now so here is hoping. I booked him to see a very good urologist next week. maybe he can find what's wrong and can fix his issue so we could get pregnant naturally, I doubt it but must have hope.

I am still in shock, constantly crying and in disbelief. At the moment I do not even know what to think and what to hope for. years of very intensive TTC and 2 failed IVF which cost us about 11K. I think I am going to take a break for a while I never thought I'd say it but I am reaching my limits on how much misfortune I can take before I break and want to give up and end it all. I am sure it will pass and I will carry on fighting but not the next few weeks. I might stay away from B&B for a bit because it's getting hard for me and I am literally exhausted and my TTC efforts are not bringing me any closer to a baby.

Briss :hugs: I'm crying with you, that is just the saddest situation, I'm so sorry love that the IVF hasn't worked, but on the other hand waytogo at your DH for stepping up and seeing the Urologist. I know you're devastated but keep the hope alive, if you don't have hope you have nothing.

Extra special big hugs all for you :kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

briss how are things? Keep seeing your posts in other threads. while I am looking for answers.
Max how,s thing's with you? How are everyone else?
AFM had day one assessment for IVF yesterday, it was CD4 for me, was still bleeding heavy, was very painful, they did a mock transfer as well. Still in a bit of discomfort today. Got my AMH results as well, less than 4, not good. Awaiting follow up results from hysteroscopy and d&c once I get those I,be to share with them, got to go back for meds afterward's. Never thought it would be so tough.

sorry ladies for the silence, I try not to post much, I am not feeling very good about life at the moment and all my thoughts are very dark and negative so just do not want to spread my negativity around …

Jax, thank you! How are you?

nobump, looks like things are gradually moving alone. it's great that they did mock ET cos ET is super important, it has to be completely uneventful and smooth so the IVf is a success. Why did they do d&c? did you have polyps? It's so hard when people ask about children. I can easily just fall apart if smb asks cos I have nothing to say just cry about it…

Zeri, how is it going?

unfortunately the urologist was not terribly optimistic after he examined all Dh's results over the last 3 years. he said we need to make sure there is no underlying reason for this like genetic issue so we did some bloods for this. if we are lucky and his bloods are OK the urologist suggested to just throw various treatments at DH in the hope that something works for him. he said it's not practical to carry on testing looking for answers cos there is a limited number of treatments available so we may as well just go straight to the treatments and save money on very expensive testing. If the results come back as bad news that's basically the end of the road cos genetic issues cannot be fixed. I am trying not to think about it and hope for the best. He said stimulated IVF is the best way for us but unfortunately my ovaries are not responding to stims so we are stuck… so at the moment we are just waiting for our genetic testing to come through next week. DH promised to cut down on beer but I've heard it all before…

This is a horrible journey.
Briss it frustrating not knowing what the answer is.
When I had my initial IVF appointment they did a scan and saw the polup, but as getting treatment in Edinburgh but live in Glasgow so ended up going private, otherwise would have had a 3 month wait, thankfully covered by my work. Got referred because of heavy period as fertility treatment not covered.

Hi girls,
Just popping in to say a quick hi. Been feeling a bit broken and discouraged most days....which is why I haven't been saying much. :-(

Briss - I've been following your story in various threads too. Hope you get good results back from the tests next week.

nobump =sorry it's been such a tough road... but I agree it sounds like things are moving along slowly. What does AMH mean?

Jax - hope all is well as it can be! are you still actively ttc?

AFM - 13 dpo today and spotting. Feeling heartbroken as usual. With each AF it gets worse and worse. I'm here thinking of what the plan for next cycle will be...

AMH is a hormone which they measure which indicates your ovarian reserve and also to judge your response to the IVF drugs. Just been out and bought some royal jelly capsules and some coenzymet q10 tablets, hope they help.

Briss and zeri, sorry your having a hard time.

Hi lovelies, huge hugs all round :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I think we've all been feeling the same :dohh: negative and nothing much to post about, I know I have...hence my recent silence.

Although DH is trying his absolute best to make it happen for me I just have a hunch that.....there I go again! He keeps telling me negativity will get me no-where, I call it reality. He has agreed to IVF, we just need to find £s, although I'm not sure he actually understands the whole programme and what it involves. But he has said can we try full on for at least another 6 months and then see. At least at last I have him fully onboard. Who know's maybe mother nature will send a little miracle my way :shrug::cloud9:

Please know whatever and however you are feeling Briss, Zeri, Nobump, you are NOT alone, I'm here right alongside xxx

nobump, how's your IVF? any news?

Zeri, did you finally get lucky? do I see a pregnancy tracker in your signature??

Jax, how is it going?

afm, our genetic testing came back fine, huge relief! so the urologist gave my DH some hormonal treatment for the next 3-6 months, it may or may not work, he also said that even if it works and DH's count improves by 30-40% it does not mean we will get pregnant. He thinks we should go for stim IVF. I got a referral to a different clinic and am waiting to be invited for our initial appointment. I am still hoping to get NHS funding for this cycle but it all depends on my FSH. the earliest we can start the next cycle is April, seems like ages. In the meantime my cycle has been recovering well after the second IVF so I think my body is ready to go through that again. I am still rather depressed about our situation and a sense of hopelessness is prevailing.

Hi Briss,

Taking shot tonight, ER on Friday! had a tough time with IVF, low AMH, didn't respond well to down reg... was on highest stims..only have 2 follies showing... preparing for this not to work... ldon;t think I can do it again... they will transfer on Monday if we have an viable egg.

:hugs::hugs:
Hope the meds help you DH. IVF is such a hard process.
:hugs::hugs:

nobump, I am sorry you are having hard time with IVF. My second stim cycle was very traumatic cos I did not respond to stims cos of high FSH. I had also two follicles growing but they managed to squeeze one more out of my ovaries, unfortunately one follicle ovulated the next day after the trigger so we lost the only good egg I had that cycle.

what dose of stims were you on? I wonder why they decided to down reg you with low AMH?

anyway, IVF can be very unpredictable. i know it does not look promising at the moment but you may as well end up pregnant with healthy twins in a couple of weeks time, you just never know. Let's hope for the best. try and stay positive after ET. and get plenty of rest after EC. let me know how it goes, I am hoping they will manage to get your eggs and get a few embryos.

If we had good sperm I'd go for natural IVF again (I had far better result with one egg from my dominant ovary than with 3 stimulated eggs and it was so much easier on my body) but our urologist said only stims can offer us any chances cos we need a choice of embryos. I do not know how many IVFs it is going to take but all our savings will have to go into that, I just do not see any other way.

Hi girls :flower:,
It's good to hear the updates. I haven't posted in a while either, but always check for this thread when I'm here. I think in my last post (Jan 7th) AF was on her way and I was feeling very discouraged...but I'm happy to update that I conceived my next cycle, and am now 6 weeks pregnant. :) I'm just really thankful and praying that things continue to go well.

Briss - been checking for updates from you in various threads. Glad to hear there was no genetic issue with DH!! I can imagine how huge of a relief that must be. I hope he responds well to the hormone treatments! Will you continue trying naturally then until April? Just a month/two to go...I know it must seem like an eternity...maybe his numbers can come up enough for you to have success naturally? If not, maybe your next IVF will be the one that brings you that take home baby!

nobump - sorry IVF's been rough on you. But all the best for your egg retrieval tomorrow! I'm sure there's at least one good eggie in there. Thinking good thoughts for you. :flower:

Jax - it's good that your DH is fully onboard now..:thumbup: Sounds like he's trying to be supportive too. When do you think you'll be able to get the $ to try IVF? Hopefully trying full on over the next few months will help you conceive naturally. Are you or the DH on any supplements?

Zeri, most wonderful news!!! congratulations! H&H 9 months. did you do anything different that cycle?

we continue TTC naturally while we are waiting for DH's next SA and also for our next IVF but I do not really hold much hope for natural TTC, something is not working for us. I also have doubts the treatment is working cos DH's testosterone is supposed to be increasing but his sex drive is still limited so it might be that the hormones are not having any effect.

Seri congratulations, do tell did you do anything different?

Briss, Im in a more positive mood now, the clinic DR you to get a thin lining, but the had to increase my dose of that and was on it for an extra week, for stims I was on 300 UI and then last dose was 150 UI. We are staying in a hotel near clinic as it,s 100 mile round trip, ET schedule for Monday all being well, heading to family near for the weekend, booked of work til Wednesday. Trying to remove as much stress from the next few days as possible.

This is our one and only chance, this cycle has been tough. Don't think can do this again.

Briss - did the Dr. give you a time frame for the hormones to take effect? How long has he been taking them?

nobump - glad you're feeling more positive! I hope this chance is successful. Is your ER today or Monday?

On the cycle I conceived I had started taking Black Cohosh, to help with estrogen (I think was low before), and DH had been taking Black Maca over the last two months, and we Bd'd on O day (in the morning), and abstained for about 4-5 days before that, I think? I also prayed a lot that cycle for my bfp - and I think God answered my prayers! But that's the combination of things that happened that cycle. :flower:

EC was today, got 2, progress report tomorrow, transfer will be Monday.

Tired.

No transfer, only one egg was mature. But fertilised abnormally, not sure what we'll do next. IVF is so hard.

oh no! I am devastated for you, so sorry this is happening. I was in your shoes a few months ago when they told me one egg was immature and the other did not fertilise I was completely destroyed, it took a while for me to get myself back to normal. I think what helped a little is the fact that we had normal fertilisation with our first IVF so i know this is not the end, next time we can get a totally different result because every cycle is different. we will try to do IMSI next time cos it helps to select a better quality sperm

Did the embryologist say whether they think it was due to poor egg quality or sperm factor?

all I can say is do not take it personally, clinics make mistakes, it's possible that the quality of your egg was compromised by stims or ICSI was not done correctly. maybe you were just unlucky and they picked unhealthy sperm. would you consider doing natural IVF? it's much easier on your body and at least you have a confidence that the egg they collect is the best naturally selected egg in every given cycle. If we did not have sperm factor I'd definitely go for another natural IVF because I just do not respond to stims that well. but with sperm factor we are stuck

Zeri, it's interesting that you abstained for 4-5 days before BD on the day of your O. I think this is a good strategy but our urologist said we should BD every day to improve DH's sperm quality. very confusing.

DH's had been taking meds for 7 weeks now, we are waiting for his blood test result to see if there is any increase in testosterone and other hormones. the usual length of treatment is 3 months but it can be stretched up to 6 months if necessary after that if there is no improvement there is no point in continuing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->