Ladies Due June 28/29/30...

Lol Stephthehiker- I've only just started packing mine xD
and I still have stuff to put in it lol!

Being so close to the end of June I guess we all have some chance of going over to July, even if we get induced if the stories I've heard about long inductions are anything to go by!
Fingers crossed for us all!!

Was planning to drink RLT this pregnancy, but totally forgot.. now I feel like what's the point starting now :shrug: Plus whether it really works or not is a mystery!
DTD this morning, have had intermittent contractions all day :happydance:
Perhaps just strong BH though..
Have been losing some sort of mucus stuff, but no blood, so probably not my plug...

Looking forward to seeing all our birth updates soon!

Our little girl is due June 27. I finally have the hospital bags ready to go. Still no signs of labor happening any time soon. Maternity leave starts after Friday. :happydance:

Im due the 26th even though its not on its only a day off, no signs for me baby is 4/5 engaged, apart from sore hips, pressure and sore thighs when moving around i have had no signs of labor yet x

Due 27th, had mw today and im fully engaged!! Getting excited now, how long before he comes? Now that we fully engaged will be interesting to see everyones awnsers.

Oh my yes we dtd on Saturday and if I could see my lady bits, I'd sure not recognise them. Glad I can't! It brought on uncomfortable contractions that of course fizzled out.

Awesome that you lost some plug...I'm feeling behind! What's epo??

Gizzyy sure hope it just means it's an average sized baby. Where I'm from, they only bother doing the one ultrasound at 20ish weeks. They say it's unreliable to show growth so hopefully that's true. Sorry you've had to worry about that.:hugs: they also don't do cervical checks...

Hospital bags packed yet? I just started on mine!:happydance: sh**s gettin real!

EPO is Evening Primrose Oil. It's supposed to help with dilation & effacement :)

Being so close to the end of June I guess we all have some chance of going over to July, even if we get induced if the stories I've heard about long inductions are anything to go by!
Fingers crossed for us all!!

Was planning to drink RLT this pregnancy, but totally forgot.. now I feel like what's the point starting now :shrug: Plus whether it really works or not is a mystery!
DTD this morning, have had intermittent contractions all day :happydance:
Perhaps just strong BH though..
Have been losing some sort of mucus stuff, but no blood, so probably not my plug...

Looking forward to seeing all our birth updates soon!

I think it'd be worth drinking some! Even if you're starting late! I've heard so many good things about it!

...and who knows, we might have a couple weeks ahead of us yet. LOL. :haha:

No blood in my plug loss yet. I only lost a bit and it's more *ahem* snotty than anything else. But some people don't even notice plug loss or any show prior to their births. My mom didn't for either of her pregnancies, and it can mean nothing anyway even if you do lol.

Due 27th, had mw today and im fully engaged!! Getting excited now, how long before he comes? Now that we fully engaged will be interesting to see everyones awnsers.

Fully engaged! Yay! Any dilation/effacement?

AFM, I'm getting really nervous... my Mom is supposed to be gone to Winnipeg for work from the 15th to the 18th. She said she would cry if he was born while she was gone as she really wanted to be there for his birth! I'll be devastated if I go into labour while she's gone... but it's not really something I can control. She wants me to go into labour by tomorrow haha. If only I could schedule these things... *sigh*

Does EPO actually work when taken orally? I read a study saying it isn't helpful https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10380450/

Maybe vaginally it works better?
I have some in my drawer but I'm scared to try them haha! Doesn't loads of oil come out after xD

Looks like I will be induced on the 30th ladies so right on your tails (unless youre LO's decide to baste a bit longer lol). I've been taking red raspberry leaf capsules and EPO orally and vaginally everyday for almost two weeks. This Monday I will think about starting reflexology techniques I read about which look promising. I'd rather her come naturally or be really ready if I must be induced.

https://www.ehow.com/how_5609974_use-reflexology-induce-labor.html

https://www.maternity.net/2010/reflexology-acupressure-to-induce-labor/

Does EPO actually work when taken orally? I read a study saying it isn't helpful https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10380450/

Maybe vaginally it works better?
I have some in my drawer but I'm scared to try them haha! Doesn't loads of oil come out after xD

I take one orally in the morning and 2 vaginally at night. I haven't had a huge issue with it coming out when I put them in at night as most of it seems to get absorbed overnight. I still wear a panty liner in case. A bit comes out but really not a lot!

I think studies are kind of all over the place when it comes to EPO lol! Because, I've read that it's good to do both because your stomach absorbs the prostaglandins (sp?) into your system more efficiently than vaginally to help with starting up contractions, but the advantage of vaginally is that it helps with effacement & dilation.

And btw, I've been taking them for over a week now and nothing!! So I wouldn't worry about being scared haha. But talk to your MW for sure if you have questions. I definitely made sure I got the go-ahead from my MW to take them. She basically just said "Oh yeah, there's no harm in taking them. It's just fatty acids."

Think I'll try them at night then as I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and I'm so done lol!
It may all be in vain though if I find out at my scan tomorrow I'll have to be induced anyways. Boo..

Aww bless her. Im sure she would be fine though if she made an apperance sooner rather than later. Id try not to worry too much about the percentile business..they told me my first was massive and put the fear of god up me but he was only 6lbs 9 when he came! Same this time around...sonographer said baby was in the 98th and turns out hes more around the 30th.

I hear you on the swollen business..its a horrible sensation isnt it! Is this your first? x
Oh that's good to hear! As they've been scaring me with induction if she's not grown by my next scan.
To be fair I would rather have a slightly smaller baby anyway than a 9lber :haha:

Yep this is my first :D x

Oh how exciting!!! Bet you cant wait to meet her!

They should be more careful imo about how they approach weight estimations. I know lots of women that have been told either too big or too small and then they have been polar opposites. They do say they can be out by a fairly big range though, but I suppose they will be looking at how her growth is in correlation to a consistent increase rather than what each scan says?

xx

Induction process can be long aye. I was "half" induced with my son, and my labour was 52 hours. I say half because it was an emergency induction after a scan determined I had no fluid and hadnt for a while so was being prepared 2 hours later lol. But, when checked I was already 2-3cm so had waters broken instead. I think mine was just long because I wasnt really progressing too well with dialation but got there in the end.

I know a lady that was induced and it took 5 days to get her going....bloody hell!! :D

x

Induction process can be long aye. I was "half" induced with my son, and my labour was 52 hours. I say half because it was an emergency induction after a scan determined I had no fluid and hadnt for a while so was being prepared 2 hours later lol. But, when checked I was already 2-3cm so had waters broken instead. I think mine was just long because I wasnt really progressing too well with dialation but got there in the end.

I know a lady that was induced and it took 5 days to get her going....bloody hell!! :D

x

My god, 5 days?! No thanks!! :wacko:

Well, girls, I'm scheduled to be induced on Tuesday. Baby's HB has dipped below 110 a couple of times, and her movements are reduced. She passed both of her NST's, and is still moving around in there, so right now she is doing well. I had two scans in the last week and the second one the DR had to poke her for several minutes before she responded to his liking. She was probably in a sleep cycle, but he feels its best to be safe and have her sooner rather than later. I'm not worried about induction since I've always been induced, but it would have been nice to have gone naturally just once. But safe baby is the most important thing, so it is what it is. The DR stripped my membranes yesterday, but besides some contractions afterwards, then some in the middle of the night and a few random ones this morning, it doesn't seem to have worked. DR said I was at a 1 1/2 or maybe a 2, so obviously my body is not ready for labor. Hopefully these contractions I've had since have moved me along a bit, though.

Any of you having progress at all? Labor signs?

Oh wow jules! Shame about the circumstances, but really great to know you'll be holding your baby soon!
Good luck x

So its 5 days since being told i was fully dialted, nomsigns what so ever and i kmow he can be fully engaged till he ready but im not somready due to the pelvic pain im feeling thats always there, my hip has decided it wants to join in that fun too so walking now hurts. Ive had no bh, i didnt with my other 2 either, no plug, no nothing, so im feeling really disheartened about it all, how is everyone else doing?

Sorry to hear about your statuses jules and lillypad :wacko: I'm looking at an induction as well and am hoping my body get more labor friendly by my next appt Tuesday. Last Tuesday my body was completely clammed up other than a soft cervix and I know dilation goes a lot smoother if your body is showing signs of progress.

Sorry for the TMI

I went to the bathroom and had a long bloody stringy yucky thing come out of me. I'm assuming that's my plug. Its been about 30 hours since my sweep. I hope this means I'm dilating a little bit! I've had some brown discharge since the sweep, but this was a red bloody thing. I've always been induced and never have had such a happening - kinda cool! Okay......and a little gross. :haha:

Sounds promising jules, how exciting, hope things start for you soon ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->