Ladies Due June 28/29/30...

Ahh a birthday baby! What a great gift that would be! Excited for you Gizzyy! Hopefully things get going before you have to be induced tomorrow.

And Steph, yeah I plan on having my Mom around as a support during labour, as well as my hubby. I'm going to give birth at the birthing centre here in town and will need all the support I can get! I'm really close with my Mom too, and she's been through it twice! So I know she'll be a great support (as she has been this whole pregnancy so far).

I'm trying not to worry, but I've been having crampy/strong BH all morning too... I took a bath and my stomach was making the strangest noises! So weird! lol. I'm trying to take it easy... resting today to hopefully be able to hold off until at least tomorrow...

Here I am worrying and will probably go to 42 weeks hahaha.

Don't be scared, gizzyy she'll be here soon and strong and healthy, too. It's good they have been monitoring you closely and just don't want to take any chances! I so hope the sweep helped and your body is getting itself ready. The more dilated you are, the easier. And 1 cm is definitely a start!

That's great 2pups you're so close with your mom. Fx then it's just prelabor...and you go full swing tomorrow night! I'll admit I'm a little jealous ;) my in laws and parents will both be here in July. Mil comes Canada day and my parents 4th of July..then just found out fil will be here July 6 on my bday. Ack!! I just want the baby now and to have a chance to get settled in and figure out breastfeeding before the house is filled with guests. Ah well....babies...they come when they come!

2pups I'm sure you won't go until 42 weeks :) glad you will have your mum for support though it's important to have someone with you that you trust and feel comfortable. Hoping my OH will be co operative .., :haha: x

Don't be scared, gizzyy she'll be here soon and strong and healthy, too. It's good they have been monitoring you closely and just don't want to take any chances! I so hope the sweep helped and your body is getting itself ready. The more dilated you are, the easier. And 1 cm is definitely a start!

That's great 2pups you're so close with your mom. Fx then it's just prelabor...and you go full swing tomorrow night! I'll admit I'm a little jealous ;) my in laws and parents will both be here in July. Mil comes Canada day and my parents 4th of July..then just found out fil will be here July 6 on my bday. Ack!! I just want the baby now and to have a chance to get settled in and figure out breastfeeding before the house is filled with guests. Ah well....babies...they come when they come!

My goodness, you'll be a busy momma very soon! Is everyone coming specifically because of the baby, or they all just happen to be vacationing around when you're due?? lol At any rate, hopefully they'll be more of a helping hand than house guests! Babies are so unpredictable, eh? :haha:

Fx'd this is a longggg pre-labour... but this notoriously irritable uterus makes it very difficult to decipher true labour from false. But I'll keep you posted nonetheless!

Wow Gizzyy, how exciting! Great to know you'll have your baby soon :)
Good luck!

Ohhhh GL hun!! I had my son on my birthday its awesome!!! x

How are the rest of you guys doing?

I'm going a little nuts over here... tons of pressure low down and more uncomfortable--at times painful--BH that seem to lead to nothing. I've been spending a lot more time on my exercise ball, hopefully helping baby come down further. My poor hubby went to rub my belly and it made my cervix burn for some reason!! So weird! Lots of groin pain... it's soooo uncomfortable!

I have a friend who was due around 5 days ago and it makes me so worried. I do not want to be induced! It's just so common for first pregnancies... ahh either way, this little man is going to make an appearance one way or another.

Besides, my Mom is officially back in town, and my MIL leaves Saturday, so the countdown is on!! But I have a feeling I'll be going past at least 39 weeks, so MIL may just miss the birth :-/. It will be what it will be!

Fingers crossed, 2pups!

I went to the doctors yesterday. My cervix is still firmly shut, and she said that LO's head is still floating above the pelvis. I've been feeling lots of discomfort and minor pain down south if I stand for too long, so I've been hanging out on the couch today. DH and I are wanting LO to stay in until at least Saturday for a couple of reasons, but I hope that she doesn't stay in too long beyond that. Dr. thinks she may go to my due date or later! :wacko:

Nuts 2pups, I was hoping for you! Who knows so many women don't feel off at at until BAM they're in labor. I feel ya on the BHs :coffee:

Baby dropped either yesterday or the day before so I'm now peeing constantly and people are commenting on how low she suddenly is. I don't want to be induced either but who knows. I've been stupidly optimistic this whole pregnancy and now I'm realizing I've been wrong about everything so I'll probably go late. When does your MIL come back or is she not?

Disney you never know, the baby could drop during labor it happens all the time.

Wondering how Gizzyy's induction went today??

Nuts 2pups, I was hoping for you! Who knows so many women don't feel off at at until BAM they're in labor. I feel ya on the BHs :coffee:

Baby dropped either yesterday or the day before so I'm now peeing constantly and people are commenting on how low she suddenly is. I don't want to be induced either but who knows. I've been stupidly optimistic this whole pregnancy and now I'm realizing I've been wrong about everything so I'll probably go late. When does your MIL come back or is she not?

Disney you never know, the baby could drop during labor it happens all the time.

Wondering how Gizzyy's induction went today??

That's great that baby dropped for you! Maybe you're getting close, Steph! :thumbup:

I've been wondering about Gizzyy, too. I hope that her labor is progressing well.

Ladies! I just woke up for one of my nightly pees and found a wet spot on the bed!! I'm definitely experiencing some stronger BH contractions as a result, so I'm up bouncing on my ball in the hopes this leads to something... but I've got a really good feeling about this! My MIL wouldn't be back until Canada Day I believe, so she would have still had a chance to be around if I went overdue. We'll see!! ...really trying not to get my hopes up though!

Currently sporting my first pair of adult underwear :haha: I think the baby is quite low and/or engaged which may be why this seems to be a slow leak because I haven't had the "gush" we hear about. Fx'd this continues!

Looking forward to hearing back from Gizzyy too!!

Ooooo sound promising, hope it is the start for you, im hoping the clearoit im currently having is the pre start to something too, good luck

Still having mild contractions every 5 mins or so lasting 45 seconds roughly... I'll probably go for a walk to see if things ramp up! But I just sat and watched a movie and they're still regular... so this really could be it! So excited!!

Still having mild contractions every 5 mins or so lasting 45 seconds roughly... I'll probably go for a walk to see if things ramp up! But I just sat and watched a movie and they're still regular... so this really could be it! So excited!!

Ooh!! Good luck! I'm still here haha hopefully getting waters broken this afternoon though :) x
I thought my waters broke this morning but it was just wee ahaha! I would normally be embarrassed but pretty much past caring now! Fx for you!!

Haha gizzyy isn't pregnancy and motherhood the best? We just stop caring:haha:

2pups oh how cool!!! Good luck and fx. Are you still leaking fluid?? My mil arrives Canada day too but I would rather have the baby before...by a long shot hehe

Clearouts are also a good sign! Raspberry leaf tea does a great job of that I've found...

Nothing at all here. Ugh.

Ladies! I just woke up for one of my nightly pees and found a wet spot on the bed!! I'm definitely experiencing some stronger BH contractions as a result, so I'm up bouncing on my ball in the hopes this leads to something... but I've got a really good feeling about this! My MIL wouldn't be back until Canada Day I believe, so she would have still had a chance to be around if I went overdue. We'll see!! ...really trying not to get my hopes up though!

Currently sporting my first pair of adult underwear :haha: I think the baby is quite low and/or engaged which may be why this seems to be a slow leak because I haven't had the "gush" we hear about. Fx'd this continues!

Looking forward to hearing back from Gizzyy too!!

How exciting!!! I hope it leads to you holding your LO soon!! :happydance:

Ooh!! Good luck! I'm still here haha hopefully getting waters broken this afternoon though :) x
I thought my waters broke this morning but it was just wee ahaha! I would normally be embarrassed but pretty much past caring now! Fx for you!!

Gizzyy, I hope your labor progresses soon. Good luck!

Haha gizzyy isn't pregnancy and motherhood the best? We just stop caring:haha:

2pups oh how cool!!! Good luck and fx. Are you still leaking fluid?? My mil arrives Canada day too but I would rather have the baby before...by a long shot hehe

Clearouts are also a good sign! Raspberry leaf tea does a great job of that I've found...

Nothing at all here. Ugh.

I hope things progress for you as well, Steph!

Still no signs with me, though (as odd as it sounds), I don't want to see any signs of labor until Saturday. I just need her to make it through today and tomorrow, and then I can't wait to hold her in my arms! On Saturday, I will start all of the little tricks to see if I can help get things going. :thumbup:

2pups- how exciting!! Hope things have progressed throughout the day for you! Looks like I'm gonna be the last of us ladies to have my baby at this rate lol! All my signs have gone down the pan!
Although today I had to have an emergency app as I had black vision, headache, pins an needles in my hand and mouth, sickness&nauseous ness & a general unwell feeling.... Awful! Mums having lily for the night so hubby & I can relax.. So that's nice. I was worried it was a sign of pre-e, but blood pressure normal and no protein in urine, so midwife said it's probably the heat.... Bit of a useless diagnosis but fingers crossed she's right!!

Oh how exciting that we have some contractions going on...looking forward to some birth announcements!!

I keep having false starts...contractions kicking in then dissapearing...getting right frustrated with it now!! x

WELL. I'm sorry to announce that I experienced what seems to be false labour... or at least verrrrrrrrry slow pre-labour. The contractions continued to be about 5 minutes apart lasting 30-45 seconds for HOURS... but didn't progress any further than that and didn't increase in intensity. Also found out I'm still only 1 cm dilated, but 60% effaced which is a step in the right direction I guess. Whatever that liquid loss was in the night was not amniotic fluid :( I didn't leak again afterward anyway so I suspected that was the case.

Anyway, still contracting. It's exhausting. Hoping this turns into something soon. I had a few times where I was so disappointed though! It was really discouraging that it wasn't leading to anything more. *sigh* I hope I wake up in the night in spontaneous labour or something haha.

I was just so sure this was it! My hubby, mom and step dad all took the day off work to spend the day with me and I felt so bad after... I won't be calling them next time until I'm in unbearable pain and heading to the birthing centre. Learned that lesson the hard way!

Ah well, he'll come when he comes I suppose. All this teasing is driving me crazy though.

Mrsmummy, glad to hear everything ended up being okay. Stay cool! xx

And for anyone with no signs, you could be one of those ladies that actually GOES into labour when you finally start seeing the signs! Nothing else is more frustrating and disheartening! And I've seen many stories of women who had no dilation or effacement and absolutely no signs whatsoever and are some of the first with birth announcements. It can happen anytime!! Best of luck to all you ladies :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->