Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry why are the comments ridiculous when the majority of people are clearly concerned for the welfare of the animals and not the fact that they didnt get to "pet" them?

Ridiculous because the comments are made without any knowledge of the breed. Very surprising given the ideal opportunity to interact and acquire knowledge was included in the entrance fee :dohh: And so erronous as to be almost laughable.

Unfortunately, these misguided views are held by many Jo Bloggs who have a hollywood image of a husky and buy one cute fluffy husky for a Christmas present, and the poor dogs end up in welfare by the hundred.

I think that people should not jump to conclusions about the huskies, and get their facts straight first before they start complaining to Animal Welfare. Next they will be complaining that the poor huskies are outside in the cold in -1. Oops, forgot I already had that complaint, lol.

My brother has huskies and they look just like the ones you see on the tele, so they CAN look well looked after IF you look after them properly.

hello everyone ,
i would like to add to this forum that new forest lapland is a scam !! the man behind it all is henry mears , he is a local 'buisnessman' or get rich quick bloke who lives in brighton and a lot of people have heard of him (usual selling fireworks from the little building at the bottom of home farm road brighton ) he also owns 'h''s cafe on coombe road brighton!!! he is also involved in c and h mears and sons fruit and veg shop in circus place brighton ! my parents and sisters went to this so called lapland and now my 8yr old and 9 yr old sisters dream of meeting santa has been ruined (and nowadays children stop believing at such young age my parents wanted to make there last few yrs as special as possible) so there you go guys if you get no joy getting ur full refund you know where to go !!

hold on to your money....... its just been on our local news people who went the weekend are demanding refunds, there was very little there mostly catering vans !!! trading standards are involved

Sorry why are the comments ridiculous when the majority of people are clearly concerned for the welfare of the animals and not the fact that they didnt get to "pet" them?

Ridiculous because the comments are made without any knowledge of the breed. Very surprising given the ideal opportunity to interact and acquire knowledge was included in the entrance fee :dohh: And so erronous as to be almost laughable.

Unfortunately, these misguided views are held by many Jo Bloggs who have a hollywood image of a husky and buy one cute fluffy husky for a Christmas present, and the poor dogs end up in welfare by the hundred.

I think that people should not jump to conclusions about the huskies, and get their facts straight first before they start complaining to Animal Welfare. Next they will be complaining that the poor huskies are outside in the cold in -1. Oops, forgot I already had that complaint, lol.

That doesnt mean you need to refer to other members comments as ridiculous i think that is very unfair of you and as an animal lover i would of thought you would of appreciated the sentiment and thought behind peoples complaints rather than to make them feel stupid.

Hello all.
I have been reading the comments about this place, and I am nearly in tears, this could had been stopped a long time ago, someone I know at work went at the weekend after he had already cancelled his cheque for a ticket some months back, he was going to post it, but the address was local to him, so he went round to hand the cheque in, until he saw the state of the property, he and I then stated, as best we could to investigate this place. The only number for matchlands was the main go-cart track, who had not heard about any attraction. A friend at work called Bournemouth council, who had did not know anything about Lapland newforest, I even Emailed Snow business, about had they heard of this company and where they really doing the special effect, but alas, I got no reply, it’s a shame, I even Emailed Dorset council, who forwarded it onto the trading standards, this is their reply
Thank you for your recent email. (13th October)
I am aware of a planning application for this event which is being
actioned by East Dorset County Council. One of the applicants is a
director of Matchams Leisure Park which is where, assuming the application
is successful and the event goes ahead, it will be held. I am afraid I
have no further information about the proposed venture.
I hope the above information is of some help.
As it was more their area than Bournemouth, and I got the same answer from them. It was again my work college that found out they had where not getting planning permission until the beginning of November, which isn’t that much time really, considering the amount of attractions they claim to have, during all this time, the Website was being updated with where to send the cheques, this has changed at least 5 times. The last one is near a café down the road from me, plus for the past month or so, 2 vans advertising the site had been seen parked up in that area, I can only come to the conclusion that they have been using the address of other members of the family, but I have no evidence of that. He has let everyone down on his promise of
Nine log cabins, an outdoor ice rink, and giant inflatable slides are some of the attractions planned for an area of land next to the Hurn Road raceway.

Animals “from reindeer to rabbits”, special effects, and “elves” to lead visitors from a 1,300-capacity car park to Santa Claus are also mentioned in a planning application submitted to East Dorset District Council.

Hot and cold seasonal food will be available to visitors, say the applicants, who promise a bustling Christmas market.
The main problem I can see with these poor people getting refunds, is that I am sure this guy will say he has provided what he has advertised, the photos on his site (now closed) have nothing to do with what the finished place will look like, I can only hope he can be held for misrepresentation
I like other found this forum by Google, and there are loads of mother and baby forums with the same message, don’t bother going
I really hope something can be done, it is a shame that with money as tight as it is, the majority of people really feel like that have wasted £100 plus, on going to a car boot sale

I have not been to this "attraction" and can not comment on whether it represents good value for money or not. However, as someone who owns and races a small pack of working siberian huskies I can comment on them! Please read and learn.

1) The huskies are chained because YOU CAN NOT LET A HUSKY OFF THE LEAD EVER, FULL STOP, PERIOD. This is because a husky has two major instincts - run and hunt. They are very good at both, and will go from nothing to scaling a six foot fence and running 50 miles at the drop of a hat or the lead. They will go from friendly doggie to efficient hunter and killer in 0.2 seconds.

Would you rather your kids saw the cute fluffy husky rip open and eat Santa's reindeer?????? I thought not.

2) I have never met these huskies but from the pictures shown they are not skinny or underweight! HUSKIES ARE LEAN, WELL MUSCLED WORKING DOGS. THEY ARE NOT LARGE/FAT FLUFFY HOLLYWOOD POWDER PUFFS. Those larger "huskies" you see in the movies are either malamuts ( a heavier set freight animal), mongrel cross breeds or poor OR FAT examples of a siberian husky. You have surely seen the documentary on Crufts and what happens when you breed for a show ring? Well, the huskies pictures are what happens when you don't breed for the American show ring.

3) HUSKIES DO HOWL: FOR FUN, OCCASIONALLY IF SAD, OFTEN IF HAPPY AND USUALLY JUST FOR THE SHEER HELL OF IT!!!! If you want quiet, subdued, you would never notice them dogs.... go look at a different breed!!!

4) SOME HUSKIES DO "TALK" OR "CHUNTER", OFTEN DESCRIBED AS MUSICAL, HERE BY SOMEONE AS "YAPPING". I have personally never heard a husky yap. Again, HUSKIES ARE NOT YOUR STANDARD PET POOCH.

5) I AM SURE THEY DID LOOK BORED AT TIMES. THEY ARE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT DOGS. THEY ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN MANY HUMANS I HAVE ENCOUNTERED... It has been said that you didn't get to touch them? They are living beings, why should they be mauled by hundreds of people and prodded by hundreds of children?????

PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE MADE NO EFFORT TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE HUSKIES OR THESE RIDICULOUS COMMENTS WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN MADE. Perhaps if people had engaged in talking to the people on the stall they would have found them to be like most husky owners, only too willing to share their love of the breed and explain a day in the life of a siberian husky.

Or perhaps they did and didn't like the answers they got back?

Well, thanks for that. You obviously know your Husky dogs, but know nothing of this place.

I can understand the dogs may need to be chained up, so why is it when the BBC news crew were allowed to film them today it showed them walking around free in their pen?? If, as you claim they should "NOT LET A HUSKY OFF THE LEAD EVER, FULL STOP, PERIOD" why do you think it was acceptable to do this when the press were there hmmm? Either way there was no-one around who knew anything about these special creatures, no-one to care for them and no-one to teach visitors about them.
You really should pay them a visit, I am sure the organisers would benefit from having you there to explain to upset children that it is OK for "LEAN, WELL MUSCLED WORKING DOGS" that "ARE NOT LARGE/FAT FLUFFY HOLLYWOOD POWDER PUFFS" to be chained up all day and not allowed to do what they do best.

My final thought is, if this place is so well planned, organised and policed why bother having Huskies there at all???, they bear very little relavance to Santa and I am sure the majority of people paying their hard earned money to try and make a special day out for their loved ones were not persuaded to go there purely on the promise of there being huskies there. As you point out they "will go from nothing to scaling a six foot fence and running 50 miles at the drop of a hat or the lead. They will go from friendly doggie to efficient hunter and killer in 0.2 seconds", not very responsible of the owners I'm sure you'd agree being such a lover of these dogs.

If anyone wants to post contact details on the forum I have no objects (saves having to email or PM).

These are the details that have been posted so far:
Name & Registered Office:
LAPLAND NEW FOREST LIMITED
UNIT 1, WILD PARK HOUSE,
HOME FARM ROAD
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
BN1 9HT

Hi - many thanks for this address, as like the rest of you I want to complain and attempt to get a refund too!! Can I ask where did you get this address from? When I phoned trading standards this afternoon they would only give me a PO Box Number, PO BOX 5285. They also said that I would not be able to send registered post to a PO BOX, but I would need the address. Royal Mail are not able to give me an address for the PO BOX number without a
corresponding post code?!

And for other reading this - don't go, save your money and your children's dreams! When we went yesterday, having waited 2 hours to see Father Christmas, he promised my 6 year son that he would get a Lego Sat Wars "Death Star"......................£300!!!!!! Now we've got to explain to our son why that won't happen!

Many thanks

It's the address registered at Companies House as the office of Lapland New Forest Limited.

type 'Lapland New Forest Limited' in here:
https://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ae225fb1bf854d906cfa6362ccaeb435/wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

And here's ANOTHER address you could try (wonder why there are so many?!):

11a Coombe Road, Brighton BN2 4EB

Yes StirCrazy, I believe it is...or at least another of his enterprises. I also have ANOTHER address from contacting a member on another site, which was obtained through the Royal Mail tagging the PO Box number on the website (they did this because you can't send letters by recorded delivery if they're a PO Box no). This is an address in Hove, which I'm happy to supply if anyone want to PM me.

I called that Henry and he told me he is just the marketing man?

sorry i'm new to this -what does PM mean and how do I do it?!!! I'm intersested to find out this address in Hove that "Mammabling" mentioned.

The information is available at Companies House for this company.
Director Victor Robert Mears DOB 9 March 1943
Home Address 222 Selsfield Road, Brighton, BN2 4HH
Secretary Gavin Tanner
Home Address 26 Wembley Avenue, Lancing, West Sussex, BN15 9JZ

At the end of the day the company is a separate entity but Victor Mears is currently the only shareholder and director. There would also have to be an individual or longstanding reputed company responsible for the chargeback risk a bank would have provided to accept the huge amount of debit and credit card payments. You are protected by the consumer credit act if you paid by credit card and as the web site is now closed and the company is uncontactable you have good grounds for re-imbursement. Good luck.

sorry i'm new to this -what does PM mean and how do I do it?!!! I'm intersested to find out this address in Hove that "Mammabling" mentioned.

PM's are Private messages. It's a messaging system to talk privately to other members.

You can see if you have a PM by looking at the top right of the page:
Welcome, Bigdadda.
994 Unread Posts since your last visit.
You last visited: Today at 17:54 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
I'm Currently Feeling: Change Mood

You can send a PM by click on the username attached to a post and selecting 'Send a private message to'....

For Example:
If you wanted to PM me you would click my username on the left of this post.
<<----- there, just above my avatar.

i thought it was a complete rip off i paid £100 for me and my friends and the only good thing about it was a stall i went on where you hook a santa sack and you get the bag and the three presents inside the bag all for £2.I thought it was great,that was the only thing that made me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->