Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have never been on this site before but was posted to it by a friend who had seem my comments and photos on facebook, they also posted some of my pics on here. I am not one that normally complains about anything, but seeing how upset my daughter was when her little dreams were shattered has spurred me on to warn others of the misleading advertising on the website. In short: there was no elf to greet us as promised; the tunnel of light was a path with only fake snow on the trees immediately bordering the path and a few lights strung in the trees; the nativity was a joke, a panto backdrop viewed across a wasteland rather than the expected stable with real animals; the christmas market was a tent in the carpark selling poor quality tinsel from cardboard boxes; I do not class fish & chips and burgers as festive food; we were unable to see father christmas as we couldn't queue in the rain for 2 hours and were not prepared to spend a further £10 for a photo; the ice rink was not working and therefore closed; the log cabins were innaccessible sheds and summer houses crammed full with people trying to change nappies as no changing facilities anywhere, I could go on, but I am sure you get the point. It appears that this whole attraction was designed to get yet more of our money spent on the funfair. Please do not warte your hard earned money on this... buy the kids an extra present instead. More comments and pics on facebook search groups for Lapland New Forest and you will see more.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/3938371.Christmas_Lapland_attraction_branded_Blunderland/

Well I didn't ever imagine that I would be on a forum of this kind, it's normally cars etc.

But, when you have kids, you tend to treat them to once in a lifetime experience. It was!!
We bought the tickets just over 3 weeks ago and all weekend tickets were sold out for December then, so we got last Saturday.
Last week was a bad week. My Grand-daughter had been in Poole hospital all the previous weekend so it should have been a good "pick-me-up" for her. I was on a 3 day week which has now deteriorated to 2 more working days to the 5th Jan.
Doesn't life kick you when you are down. I needn't add anything to what has been posted.

The only good thing was that we got a Shreck 3rd stuffed toy which she is over the moon with. Then, yesterday we parted company, to return to Derby 400 mile round trip, at Wyevale (Ferndown) where they had a giant Santa. That was the icing on the cake for her.

Today, I will try to get to my credit card company. It could be busy:hissy:

Just been on to Tesco Credit, not much hope. But they recommended going to my local Trading Standards and if that is fruitfull get back to them.
Bit of an update.
https://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/template-letters/
Use this and keep a copy. Big Brother maybe helping you.
But, I have a feeling that he or she will have gone to ground. If I was local, I would be up there playing merry ####.
I also get the impression that the workers were not all roustabouts but just in for a pittance before Xmas. It sounds like the female elves were replaced by male elves yesterday.

Woods travel service are offering day excursions to lapland New Forest. They are based in Sussex, the same place the directors of the company are based. I wonder if they are connected in any way.

I'm dreading phoning my card company to be told I won't get a refund.

Oooohh, where, where? I can't see it. Can you please give details on which page/what feature it's under etc?
Thanks

I was meant to be going tomorrow and have cancelled having read all of this and spoken to the Echo however I tried to call the organisers to request a refund and all their phones are now unaccessible ! If anyone manages to contact them please let me know.

Thanks !

I've contacted trading standards and they are going to pass on all the information I've given them to my local branch and hopefully they will have enough complaints to go and look at this for themselves. They will be asked to get back to me, so I hope they do.

I was advised to phone or write to the lapland company quoting the supply of goods and services act 1982. Send the letter recorded delivery and give them a time limit for a response. I am not holding out any hope on this as one, at least, of the directors has a string of failed businesses behind him, as can be found at companies house.

I've yet to phone my credit card company. I can't link website yet as I've not got enough postings, but if anyone wants any of the info I've found, give me a shout via a private mail.

Jasmin, please PM me with any info! My MIL is trying to get £150.00 back from this scam.

Xx

I have IM'd you both with the info I have to date. Hope it helps. The best thing to do is to go and take pics to show they are in breach of contract, but I guess that only applies to those who paid by credit card. What a bunch of complete tossers!!

:cry:Hi all, I'm new on here and just had to let you know what we thought of our visit to lapland newforest.

After looking at the very impressive website my mum booked our tickets as a special treat for the kids.

We went on saturday (29th nov) really excited and full of high expectations.

Our two boys are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 yrs and hopefully this trip hasn't ruined their dreams of Lapland. They both seemed to really enjoy it I guess being quite young still they were easier to please.

Yes the que for FC was massive, we were lucky enough to be in a party of 4 adults and 2 children so my sister didn't mind waiting in the que for us whilst we took the kids round the v expensive funfair!

The major problem seemed to be that everyone turned up at 12noon, which ment that the whole place was just swapped with people.

My advice to anybody going is to wait and not get there until 3.30/4pm when hopefully its less busy and you also get to really appreciate the lights. We left the park at 5pm ish and really wished we'd turned up at that time it looked soooooooooooo much more magical lit up.

I just feel really sad for the kids epecially our oldest that this is how he's gonna remember lapland.

We usually visit longleat (wilts) for the santa train which is brilliant and so magical, which we are still doing just before xmas. I now feel that I ought to take the kids to the real lapland just to make up for this rubbish memory.

I'm almost scared to try lapland uk even though it does look really good just incase it doesn't live upto my expectations.

XX

Also just wonder whether the real lapland is worth the money?

Would love to hear from anyone whos been to either.

I have just joined this site - I feel the need to express my utter disapointment for my children at this teribble, tacky, crappy, con, we spent £200 on tickets for 8 of us to go here and i can not tell you anymore then those who have already reported on it and they are 110% RIGHT - apart from I HAVE GOT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER OF HENRY MEARS the guy who is behind this event if anyone wants it please email me and I will give it to you. I did speak to him today and he did say that if you leave your details on the website we should get a refund. But we have today contacted our debit card company Barclays and they are sending us a claim form and said that they will refund our money. I am just so disapointed for my 2 daughters, and all the other kids who went here today and had there dreams shattered. I do not think that my daughters will ever forget this day cos I definately will not. Sarah x

HI, could you please email me his no.

I have just joined this site - I feel the need to express my utter disapointment for my children at this teribble, tacky, crappy, con, we spent £200 on tickets for 8 of us to go here and i can not tell you anymore then those who have already reported on it and they are 110% RIGHT - apart from I HAVE GOT THE TELEPHONE NUMBER OF HENRY MEARS the guy who is behind this event if anyone wants it please email me and I will give it to you. I did speak to him today and he did say that if you leave your details on the website we should get a refund. But we have today contacted our debit card company Barclays and they are sending us a claim form and said that they will refund our money. I am just so disapointed for my 2 daughters, and all the other kids who went here today and had there dreams shattered. I do not think that my daughters will ever forget this day cos I definately will not. Sarah x

Hi please can you PM me his number, as went to day with wife and 3 girls and came away very dissapointed!!!

Hi can u plz email me his number.

If anyone wants to post contact details on the forum I have no objects (saves having to email or PM).

These are the details that have been posted so far:
Name & Registered Office:
LAPLAND NEW FOREST LIMITED
UNIT 1, WILD PARK HOUSE,
HOME FARM ROAD
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
BN1 9HT

This is their registered address and the only way to contact them now. Trading Standards are advising people to send recorded delivery letters as its the only hope to get a refund if you paid by debit card, cheque or paid amount was under £100.

We have booked tickets for the 23rd Dec and I am now really worried about this? I have tried emailing and phoning them to see if I can get a refund but no luck so far. If you have any othe numbers or any other advise it would be very welcome. I wanted a special treat for my three children but it sounds like a major disappointment!! I don't want to have to drive for 3 and half hours for them to be left feeling disappointed!!

Just a note to assure all of you at Baby and Bump that Woods Travel Ltd. Has no association with the New Forest - Lapland experience. We are in the same position as all of you that have either gone & been very disappointed or who have bought tickets and now want a refund. We have cancelled the future day excursions we were offering to this destination & are in the process of refunding our clients. Good luck to all that have purchased their tickets independantly.

Great work everyone - the article in the Echo is just the start. Anyone who has followed this thread will know just how angered I am by this scam, and I have made it my mission over the last 24 hours to get it closed!!

So, here's an update:

Spoke to Trading Standards. They advise writing a letter direct to the oranisers (by recorded delivery) and requesting a refund under the supply of goods and services act 1982 (mis-selling). Personally I don't hold out much hope (although that said, read on as I've actually heard something positive about the company!). More importantly though, I'm advised that representatives from TS will be visiting the site today.

Spoke to East Dorset Council. Planning Department - nothing they can do regarding license (save not issue one next year), but also spoke with Environmental Health, and they are visiting to investigate numerous claims received over the weekend.

Spoke to Bournemouth Tourist Office. They will ensure any links to this event and their site cease immediately. They have also given me the email addresses of all the individual local tourist offices, and I will email them to warn them too in an effort to stem any promotion or marketing of this event.

Spoke to Bournemouth News Office - gave an interview which is being featured in the Nationals tomorrow. Have given them details of this forum and babyandbump.com - so they well be looking for other views and comments.

Spoke to 2CR - asked them to cover the story and also pull the advertising campaign they are currently running for the event. They will be making a decision today on whether they carry on airing the advert - but if they do, then I will take it to whoever regulates Radio Advertising as there are Codes of Conduct for such Adverts (which should be legal, decent, honest and truthful - and these clearly aren't!).

Have just spoken with Woods Travel Agent - they are NOTHING do to with the operation and were keen to stress this (another post questioned whether they were anything to do with the Directors as they're both located in Bognor Regis). They have cancelled any future excursions and are seeking to gain full refunds for all those people who travelled with them and complained. They are waiting for Mr Mears to come back to them this afternoon he has attended a crisis meeting! They will write to all their customers once they have heard. But if you travelled with Woods, do give them a call - they really want to help. They will be giving me an update on the outcome of Mr Mears crisis meeting later today, which I'll post as soon as.

Apart from the Echo, I understand Radio Solent covered the story this morning, and I believe that Meridian are preparing something. Should be something in The Sun tomorrow - but someone from the News Agency is calling me tomorrow to kindly let me know what is running and where.

Just off to call another local radio station - radio 5 to ensure they're aware and pull any advertising too.

Oh, and spoke to Snow Business. Feel terribly sorry for them as they've been inundated with calls and are really just a small business with no connection to the event, save for the fact that they were hired to do the snow on certain areas. They were very helpful, and explained that they have been hired to go back weekly to refresh the snow - which is much more than some events do. They found the organisers to be very reasonable and don't believe this was intended to be a scam, but has simply ended up being poorly organised. They even felt that the organisers would offer refunds if people were unhappy - not a view I share, but a hopeful view none the less.

Right, off to spread the word further. Please carry on with all your efforts to publicise and complain, and please feel free to PM me if there's any info I can give you to help.

Hi All,

I went to Lapland yesterday and was very dissapointed, having paid £30.00 to get in to look at some chewed up toilet tissue chucked on trees and fairy lights, 2 reindeer and some howling dogs, it wasnt what it was made out to be........
Where were the hollywood special fx i couldn't see them, the ice rink was broken so know one could use it!!!
All in all for a seven year old little boy to turn round and say i wish we had stayed at home today says it all!!!

It is a rip off and i wouldn't suggest going at all.

Sorry to those of you who have tickets just wanted to let you all know.

Steph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"