• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its on SKY NEWS right now live. Midlands Lapland has now been cancelled

Its was obviously another scam , it was a skate rink suposed to be there , but they changed it to a rollerblading rink.
One baby reindeer was going to be there , and the tea cup ride arrived then went due to the whole coverage of it.
You can get refunds if you booked online for the west midlands lapland. They say you can go on there website.

Here is the so called magic land taken 24 hours ago :rolleyes:

https://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/000003040773.jpg

Hasnt changed since today so it obviously was a scam.

some people are such scammers glad they have been shut down to x

Well I hope that they will be in Court before too long, not the County Court but Magistrates / Crown.

I just feel for all the people who have spent their money and will be having a hard Christmas because of them. x

Updated first post:
https://www.laplandwestmidlands.co.uk/ said:
URGENT NOTICE

Lapland West Midlands

Due to bad publicity and lack of ticket sales, we regret that Lapland West Midlands will not be opening as planned on 6th December 2008 and the event has been cancelled.

All tickets purchased will be REFUNDED IN FULL. If you wish to contact us on this matter, please send your email to [email protected]

Here's one little girls view of 'Lapland' .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoQddbZgolE&feature=related

The sound isn't too good but when it's such a young person talking, you just know they are telling the truth.

Hiya everyone,

just popped in to say good bye to you all.

I don't have any children but when I heard about the two 'Lapland' scams I just had to come here to offer whatever information I could that may be of help.

I hope that my posts have been of interest / use to you.
I never thought I'd find myself contributing to a 'baby' forum but I just had to, I didn't want any of you good people getting conned.

I'll pop in occasionally, just for a quick look, during the next few days and then I'll be gone !!

Hope you all have a great Christmas :)

Here's one little girls view of 'Lapland' .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoQddbZgolE&feature=related

The sound isn't too good but when it's such a young person talking, you just know they are telling the truth.

Poor little girl. Im really disgusted at how they think ruining a childrens expectations of christmas is acceptable. I hope she wasn't too disappointed and that her parents get a full refund :hug:
xx

Again if anyone wants a free husky ride we are at windsor town centre on the 11th and 18th of December, come and see us there, 4pm to 7pm. come and hug a husky
Terry and the dogs

I hope the media realise it wasnt just families that lost out to this scam, I wish the clock could be turned back and this could had been stopped before all this sorrow

if all his suppliers thought it wasnt a scam he must had been good, we was described as being like Del Boy, but without the charm.

Happy Christmas all

My account has had access gained to it by a very immature person.

If you could remove the above quote as this is not content to be made public. I was infact meant to be one of the photographers there (the pricing wasn't my choice) however this company lied to everyone, including their own staff.

Thanks.

Can anyone give us the contact details for the little girl in the video. We would love to do something to make up for the hurt caused by these people
terry

165K + views on this topic.

Truly shows how many people are effected by this entire disgusting scam.

Best of luck to everyone getting a refund!

This story was in 'The Week' this week too.

THE man behind a second Lapland theme park that shut down at the weekend is from Southampton, the Daily Echo can reveal.

Jimmy James admitted he had taken the idea for his West Midlands attraction from the infamous Lapland New Forest event dubbed the “Winter Blunderland”, which closed last Thursday after a blizzard of more than 2,000 complaints.

Families turning up to the opening of the Staffordshire theme park, near Wolverhampton, were similarly expecting Father Christmas, elves, huskies, reindeer, ice skating and snow.

But on Saturday they were met by empty marquees, a muddy field and trading standards officers, who said they had discovered that the organisers of both events had addresses in the same road in Christchurch, Dorset.

Mr James, who lives in Southampton, has said he was “inspired” by the Dorset event after his brother Matthew mentioned it to him.

But Matthew James, who owns Tall Trees caravan park in Matchams Lane, on the same road as Lapland New Forest, insisted there was no link between the events.

“What they are trying to do is link my brother with Lapland New Forest because I own Tall Trees but they are barking up the wrong tree,” he said.

Jimmy James’s solicitor Sandro Placidi said he understood Jimmy was the organiser of the Staffordshire event and that, apart from the similar names, there was no connection between the two events.

Lapland West Midlands’ website blamed poor ticket sales due to bad publicity for the closure and promised full refunds.

Trading standards had expressed “serious concerns” about whether the event could deliver the attractions promised on its website.

Carol Dean, from Staffordshire County Council’s ruling Cabinet, said yesterday: “Thankfully very few paying customers came to Lapland West Midlands on Saturday. We have no way of knowing how many people bought tickets and were either put off attending by the volume of publicity or took one look at the site and decided to drive off.”

Dorset County Council yesterday said it could not comment further on last week’s statement that it wanted to take legal action against Lapland New Forest for “misleading” people.

Parents said they had been tricked into taking their children to an event that failed to match up to its billing and was described as a glorified car boot sale.

Thousands of families who had booked tickets right up to Christmas Eve have been left out of pocket

Thank you and goodnight - much love

Good news at last ??

Well I spoke to my credit card company this morning and my Lapland New Forest £90 has been refunded. I wrote them a letter saying I wanted to do an indemnity claim as the goods were not as described and sent them in the website print outs as well as some actual photos and they called me to say they were looking into it. When I looked at my credit card online it seemed the money had gone back in so when I called them today they confirmed the "dispute had been resolved in my favour".

Very happy indeed, especially this time of year!

I hope everyone else has the same success with there credit card companies.

Good news at last ??

Well I spoke to my credit card company this morning and my Lapland New Forest £90 has been refunded. I wrote them a letter saying I wanted to do an indemnity claim as the goods were not as described and sent them in the website print outs as well as some actual photos and they called me to say they were looking into it. When I looked at my credit card online it seemed the money had gone back in so when I called them today they confirmed the "dispute had been resolved in my favour".

Very happy indeed, especially this time of year!

I hope everyone else has the same success with there credit card companies.

Can I ask who your credit card was with.
Mark

Yes please do let us know, as I am concerned that because my payment (also £90) is under the £100 limit the consumer credit protection wont kick in. My cc is with Tesco/Mastercard, if I know Tesco or Mastercard have refunded someones elses £90 then there's no reason why they cant refund mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"