Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
having first posted on your site last saturday evening to complain about LNF I wanted to say thanks to your site for all the help in exposing this scam so quickly. well done all

There are a few reports about card-cloning coming in from people who have bought tickets from Lapland and not used their cards since. They're now showing other debits that have nothing to do with the card holder.

Suggest that you immediately check your statements (online or call the card company) and ask for a list of your recent transactions.

If you notice anything suspicious IMMEDIATELY let the card company know, and also report the matter to Dorset Police who, as I understand it, may also now be involved in this investigation.

:wacko: Well thats the cherry on the cake ^^^^^

having first posted on your site last saturday evening to complain about LNF I wanted to say thanks to your site for all the help in exposing this scam so quickly. well done all

And thanks to everyone that supplied reviews, pictures and information. It was just a fluke that we appeared at the top of Google but we are more than happy to give a place to discuss this farce.

I hope you all get manage to get your money back.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7765080.stm
At the bottom it has a video... at the end it has some tips from a solicitor.

There are a few reports about card-cloning coming in from people who have bought tickets from Lapland and not used their cards since. They're now showing other debits that have nothing to do with the card holder.

Suggest that you immediately check your statements (online or call the card company) and ask for a list of your recent transactions.

If you notice anything suspicious IMMEDIATELY let the card company know, and also report the matter to Dorset Police who, as I understand it, may also now be involved in this investigation.

I doubt it would be them. Steamline dealt with creditcard payments (a reputable company)... having said that, if they cheaped out on the park then they probably cheaped out on having a valid ssl security certificate for their website meaning information could be easily hijacked (but that's just a guess).

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but does anyone know how I go about trying to get the money back from my credit card company?

I'm so glad we were keeping this as a surprise day out for the boys & they knew nothing about it. I did try for the Alton Towers tickets but they didn't even reply to my e-mail so I think I'll give up on trying to see Santa this year :cry:

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but does anyone know how I go about trying to get the money back from my credit card company?

Just give them a call and they'll give you all the info you need. They'll probably send you a form to fillout and send back.

Ive been sitting back and watching this unfold for the past few days.
I went on opening day to the newforest crapland taking my little girl, husband also carrying two yet to arrive but very active little ones.
Safe to say it was the most miserable day i have had in years.
Anyway...
Just had a wee look at the lapland west midlands site and on the home page it is stating,

" We are nothing to do with Lapland New Forest
we are a separate company

We have been inspected by the local authorities and given the go ahead to open this Saturday, we look forward to seeing you there. "

Slightly concerned as the website has been done by the same company and al the wording is the same and most of the layout is too, majority of the pictures have been taken from google images and from the lapland new forest site.

So just a warning, they may have nothing to do with the atrocity that was lapland new forest, but im veeery weary and urge anyone considering it to be too.

Amy:ninja:

Yes unfortunately it seems that this next lot are just as bad. Goodness they couldn't even design their own web site. It seems likely that they copied the Lapland New Forest html code and modified it a little.

Does the midlands site even have any pine trees? They don't even stand by their photographs.

On their web site, Lapland West Midlands show images of Minnie Mouse, Micky Mouse and Goofy, and offer photographs with Disney characters. However, according to the Walt Disney Company, the event "is in no way associated with the Walt Disney Company". The Walt Disney organisation takes the matter very seriously and is investigating.

Lapland West Midlands is stealing valuable copyright and goodwill in its effort to sell tickets and so, you can reasonably assume that that they are rip-off merchants.

On their web site, Lapland West Midlands show images of Minnie Mouse, Micky Mouse and Goofy, and offer photographs with Disney characters. However, according to the Walt Disney Company, the event "is in no way associated with the Walt Disney Company". The Walt Disney organisation takes the matter very seriously and is investigating.

Lapland West Midlands is stealing valuable copyright and goodwill in its effort to sell tickets and so, you can reasonably assume that that they are rip-off merchants.

Well that wont go down very well... Maybe they wont be opening this weekend :rofl: Disney will take every penny from them if they dont have permission to use their characters... :rofl:

:shrug: Are these people Stupid????

Oh dear oh dear, copyright issues aswell!
Its what you get for stealing images from google!
:rofl::rofl:

Well that wont go down very well... Maybe they wont be opening this weekend :rofl: Disney will take every penny from them if they dont have permission to use their characters... :rofl:

:shrug: Are these people Stupid????

Sadly, Suz, they are bright enough to take advantage of the legal system and all relevant regulations. By the time Disney has made them remove the images and the offer, the event organisers will have sold tickets and spent the money, leaving nothing to sue for.

The press is well aware of what's going on but cannot say more than it does for fear of being sued by the event organisers, potentially making them even richer.

I was on Money Saving expert to try to find out how to get money back for the tickets we brought to go on the 18th to the New Forest Lapland. They have got good forum and here - I would post the links but for some reason it will not let me but if you search forums for lapland then the posts come up- some are fairly amusing if you are not licking your wounds from being out of pocket,

The local BBC and the local newspaper 'Express and Star' are warning people about 'Lapland West Midlands'

Since I am a new member I expect that I will not be able to post links to these.

Mods, I'm going to re post with links, it would be great if you would let them through, after cheching them, of coures.

From the BBC re West Midlands Lapland;

From the Express and star;

The local BBC and the local newspaper 'Express and Star' are warning people about 'Lapland West Midlands'

Since I am a new member I expect that I will not be able to post links to these.

Mods, I'm going to re post with links, it would be great if you would let them through, after cheching them, of coures.

Here are the links you want to post :headspin:

From the BBC re West Midlands Lapland;

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/7767748.stm

From the Express and star;

https://www.expressandstar.com/2008/1...-like-lapland/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads