Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to see photos, there are some on Facebook in a couple of groups. Just search lapland new forest and you'll see at least 2 groups.

https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165558_5329.jpg

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165559_5648.jpg

Bustling Chistmas Market
https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165562_6599.jpg

https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165552_3469.jpg

The Nativity
https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v777/241/55/570598371/n570598371_1165555_4408.jpg

Hope this helps.

hi just wanted to post reply about lapland new forest in short dont bother!!! we went yesterday over an hour que to see santa and £15 for photo ice rink not ready till eve still not frozen tunnel of light nothing special just a row of ligts hung on trees bustling xmas market shut at half five when we eventually found it and not very big at all fair rides cost extra on a plus side it was pretty and artificial snow was lovely but nothing at all like we expected and does not open till midday closes at nine save your money

I think the reason that so many people have joined this discussion group is that it appears to be the only place that people are able to post reviews as the Lapland New Forest Website does not have any where for comments...and people feel very stongly that they have been disappointed and need to try and let as many people know as possible not to waste their money or at least to inform them of what to expect!

we did email them when we got back on Friday however was told they need complaints in writing...

Looking at those pics I'd be disappointed too :|

Blimey i am so gonna try to get my money back what a rip off, that is crazy.

These pictures do not represent what I believed it to be. Thank you for posting these pictures and I hope some more pictures do come to light.

I just called re getting my money back, and apparently the manager will call me tomorrow, i have a feeling he wont, but ill keep u posted?

Can I ask what you said to them? We have tickets for the 6th and I am absolutely gutted by what I have heard and seen.

I purposly didn't say why i wanted a refund as i thought it may put the manager off calling me.

That's what I'm thinking too...will keep you posted on what happens this end. No way are we going to that tat...my home looks better at Christmas and that is stuff we do ourselves!

Please this is not a smear campain, ask the Admin team to look at the ip addresses to see that they are all different. Its just that we are honist people trying to save others from wasting their hard ernt money and being disapointed. Please if in any doubt then go, but make a report on here so others can realise what is going on.

We to went yesterday and it is the biggest rip off since the poll tax.

You are told that you would be greeted by one of Santa’s helpers NOT TRUE. There is a 3 minute walk through the woods with all snow on the trees (well a few Christmas trees with lights on). Wow there is a plastic polar bear in the woods and a wall this a painting on 300 yards away. To your right there is a muddy dog pen with a number of howling huskies in.

I know we will have a quick walk around to see what’s here then go ice skating. Well the walk around took 10 minutes, most of it was food wagons, like you would get at a fair. There were a few animals dotted around, a big rabbit in a cage, 2 reindeers, a few geese, 3 piglets and pen with some turkeys in.

Well that was the walk around so lets go ice skating kids……..you have to go back outside into the fair ground for this and guess what it was broken and was told it wouldn’t be working till about 9pm, great. Well kids lets go and see Santa and his grotto.

We queued for 3/4 of an hour and only got about 1/3 way into the queue. To calm the now furious queue, they decided to bring out Santa number 2. We then got told if you didn't want a photo (for the sum of £10 for 1 child or £15 for 2) then you could not let your child go up to Santa (this was Santa in the grotto), you had to wave to him from outside the grotto. They then told us we have 2 options, option number 1 was stay in the queue and wave to Santa (because I wasn’t paying another £15 for a photo), or option number 2 was to have a little box given to the children and they could swap it for a gift in one of the two shops. By this time, most of the young children in the queue were crying because of cold and boredom. As we didn’t want to spend another hour or so in the queue just to wave at a man in a red suite we went for option 2. His little helpers then gave out these “little boxes” to swap for a present, in the shops. Off we went to the shops, so no Santa and no grotto.

The shops were two sheds, one for boys and one for girls. As you can imagine, with something like Lapland there would be a lot of people there (especially as there was nothing else to do). It was like a give away food sale in a third world country. You stood in the shed (with your young child) shoulder to shoulder to get a cuddly toy or a racing car for the boys or for the girls a cuddly toy or a plastic bus. Fairs, fair, there were other toys of the same tacky theme (all the toys you could have got at any cheap shop for about £2 - £5), but as the crushing queue was getting bigger, we had to get out.

We were freezing by now and wet through, so a nice warming drink and a mince pie or for little Eddie a doughnut. Three hot chocolates, 1 mince pie (more the size of a biscuit) and a doughnut came to just under £8……….me I splashed out on a nice cup of warm mulled wine, £2.50. Me and Donna stayed there for about 30 minuets sipping hot chocolate or mulled wine while the two young ones played in the snow that was coming out of the snow machine, until little Eddie started to say he wanted to go home. So of we set of for home, what was advertised as a 4 to 6 hour stay was in reality a 1 to 2 hour stay, and most of that in a queue.

Taking religion away from this time of year, Christmas is a time for children and meant to be an exciting happy time and this experience has just destroyed it. In a time of a depression when everyone is tightening their belts, the organisers should be sued. I wish I had spent the £100 on other things.

Please please please if anyone is thinking of going, DONT, save you hard earned money

I am myself in a tricky situation. I am meant to be attending this event as a photographer, however from the photographs I have seen I highly doubt anyone would be paying for photographs, nor is there anything to photograph.

I have forked out for costumes and studio lighting and it would be another £40 train/ferry travel to Bournemouth for a single day - I do not know if to go or not. I have phoned up my contact there and I am awaiting to hear back from the chief of photography.

Annoyed now as I could have gone and done the more successful and proven Lapland UK. I am also looking forward to seeing the Live TV day.

Thoughht I would add some of the queue you face

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/allmad/Queuelookingback.jpg

this how far we had gone in 1/2 hour

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/allmad/queuelookingfaward.jpg

this is what we still faced

after spending £100 to stand in a queue for hours and get a £5 toy (sorry 2 £5 toys)

i registered to this forum for one reason only and that is to let anyone who is going to Lapland New Forest - to please reconsider...

i went with my family yesterday - at a cost of £100, and met my sister and her family there at a cost of another £100

those pictures posted previously are exactly what it is like, in fact they make it look good - its worse when its raining and freezing cold (there's no shelter)

i have no agenda other than to save you some money...

this venture looks like it is set up and run by 'travelers' who's main intent is to earn money from their funfair - and burger vans (festive food! - what a load of rubbish - a turkey roll is not festive fayre!)

and the woman who served me had cut blood wound on her hand - no plaster - and my partner's food - frozen burgers were not cooked - horrible - and obviously a rip off (£4.99 for a kids meal - chips and burger)

there is so much wrong with this place that if i put it here you would seriously think its not true - but it is - DO NOT GO / BUY TICKETS to this place if you have not already done so

what it says on their website and the actual experience is just rubbish - they have taken pictures (i.e. the Santa and Baby) from other places - this is another sham - destined to appear on Watchdog before Christmas

everything people have already said here is entirely true - if you go and do not heed people who have already been and their warnings its up to you - there is no way that they can (or will) make improvements - even if they read these complaints - the only way to complain is by phone and i'd not expect to hear anything until after they have long gone - you will not get your money back - i'm not even going to try

it is just something we as a family will suffer - £100 - plus expenses (a four hour round trip and food) this money will have to be lost at this time of year - we're not happy, but that doesn't mean you have to be too...

i'm not sure what else i can say...

I took my family and visited yesterday. This is complete con, the website is a total misrepresentation of what is there. The whole "attraction" takes around 10 minutes to walk around, appears to be run by fair people, will be reporting to trading standards first thing on Monday morning. By posting this, I just hope that someone else saves themselves the extortionate ticket fee and boycotts it. If you do visit YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND LEFT FEELING AS THOUHG YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED!

hi everyone.
I have attached the email i have sent to all local papers , watchdog and the sun.
As a result the sun have contaced me today and sent a photgrapher to take pictures of the children, they are very interested in this story . i would therefore urge you all to do the same so we can show these tricksteres for what they are:

I am writing this email as I have just returned from Lapland New Forest at Matchams Ringwood with my family, having paid £150.
All of us and everyone I spoke to was bitterly disappointed and annoyed that a company none as Lapland New forest LTD could charge this extortionate amount for what can only be described as a complete misrepresentation leaving my children heart broken and a childhood dream shattered. I am only great full they are able to understand things are not always as they seem, I know others with special needs are not able to comprehend this.

The advertisement lends you to believe that this is a "snow covered Lapland village" with "Hollywood special affects" a "bustling Christmas market" with an ice rink. The website is totally misleading, including photographs which bear no relation to the reality which awaits you on entry.

The reality was:
The ice rink was not working and outside the main area ,so can be accessed without purchasing a ticket.
The fake snow was sprayed only over fir trees and not on the ground, so when walking through this so called "snow covered Lapland village" I was actually walking over tarmac
The nativity scene was a painting on plywood in the distance across a mud flat,
The "magical tunnel of light consisted of festoon lighting with gls lamps in it, above the trees was one strip of fairy lights but was anything but magical as described.
There was a 3 hr queue to see Santa, you then got a ticket which you then had to queue again to get a present .
The market consisted of 4 stalls, 1 jewellery 1 sweets 1 stall selling wrapping paper, the other one closed, all of which again accessible without getting a ticket,
Inside the huts which had gingerbread men to ice had run out ,so shut, other huts hardly had anything in them,
Not even sure where sanats helpers where
The average time you would be able to spend there if you chose not to wait 3 hrs to see santa would have been an hour.
Once entered you had to pay for everything else.

When I asked to speak to manager a man called Henry chose to spoke to me only when I approached people entering the park and told them to reconsider entering if they had not already purchased a ticket.After 2 minutes of his time his phone rung and he left. he told me to email him via the website after saying the lights had blown and a Santa had been taken ill.

I spoke to some people who had spent £600 to come and visit they had hired a minibus.

Many people have chosen to take their children to this "magical place" as they cannot afford to go the real Lapland, at a cost of £25 - £30 a ticket. an average family of 4 will have to pay over £100 In this .present economic climate this is a vast sum of money that people would have had to consider wisely before spending the money.I have paid the equivalent of this spending a whole day at a theme park, I would have been disappointed to pay even £5 entry charge.

As we are all aware Christmas is a magical time for children and parents take great joy in providing opportunities for their children to experience Christmas .
I have no doubt this has caused damage to the local area, brought tears to the eyes of parents and children and filled the pockets of this ltd company who clearly have no values.

By writing this email/letter I seek only to inform others of this blatant disregard for false advertising and to prevent anyone from purchasing a ticket so no more money finds it way to these fraudsters.

joe73 - well done. Let's hope these fraudsters are brought to justice. I've spoken to the local paper, but will also speak to the Sun and Watchdog. I'm going to call the East Dorset County Council (01202 886201) in the morning, in the hope that they may be able to get involved and even revoke the licence. I would encourage as many people as possible to do the same, because I have a feeling if we don't stamp on this asap, they'll clean up (and I don't mean the mess) then disappear we'll never be able to trace them.

Lets just hope enough people kick up a stink about this. Being ripped of at any time is bad but in the current climate and at christmas time it just feels worse!!

OH DEAR FEEL A BIT SORRY FOR BnB BEING SWAMPED BY USERS WHO ARE GIVING THEIR VIEWS ABOUT LAPLAND NEW FOREST BUT THANK GOD ITS AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO CANT FIND ANYWHERE ELSE TO WARN PEOPLE ABOUT THAT DREADFUL PLACE. I WENT YESTERDAY 29 NOV IT WAS GOING TO BE A TREAT FOR MY GRANDCHILDREN . I FEEL SAD THAT I PAID 235 POUNDS AND FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY ALL I GOT WAS 4 VERY SAD CHILDREN CRYING TO GO HOME .BE WARNED IT IS AWFUL AND PEOPLES COMMENTS ARE TRUE i have contacted watchdog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back